Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Egg a day, ok?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

thehamo wrote: »
    F**k this I'm off to buy some eggs and cheese. Omelette anyone?

Stick in some mushrooms too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

longshanks wrote: »
    thehamo wrote: »
    F**k this I'm off to buy some eggs and cheese. Omelette anyone?

Stick in some mushrooms too

Nah not enough cholesterol in mushrooms :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Yes I don't have the next day or two to go over and back on why people have been duped into thinking fat fom animal products some how clogs arteries and causes HD.

I and many others have covered this gound for many years now.

Denise mingers recent article on this was the best review of all this area but to be honest most people will still go about their day eating flora on bread while snacking on high fibre cereal bars and wondering why they are sick and tired.

I contribute boards to point people in the right direction not to take up days of endless wrestling over what I see working in my practice every day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭badabing106

Transform wrote: »
    Yes have best job in the world!!!

It's a flippin disgrace that I have a better grasp of cholesterol than some (there are plenty of clients of mine that are doctors who are well versed in what i recommend and even they are fighting an uphill battle against the statin train) of the so called experts.

Start here if you want a better understanding and please read more it might just help you look and feel your best

http://chriskresser.com/i-have-high-cholesterol-and-i-dont-care

Allthough I agree with alot in what Chris says , he comes across as being a bit of a bro scientist in alot in what he says

Paraphrasing here : He says five a day vegeatable concept is unnessecary and and it would be better to eat organ meats instead . He has a pro meat bias.

I'm pretty sure eating a wide range of vegetables would not do any harm..

He says it is perfectly fine to eat rashers ,a heavily processsed meat with high salt content....even though there is alot of scruitiny over these meats every year...?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,920 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm pretty sure eating a wide range of vegetables would not do any harm..
    But your quote above doesn't say it will do harm.
    He is pointing out that we neglect organ meats, which are higher in nutrients.
    He says it is perfectly fine to eat rashers ,a heavily processsed meat with high salt content....even though there is alot of scruitiny over these meats every year...?

They are cured and sliced. That's about it. Obviously, thats a process. But I wouldn't condiered them heavily process. Process meat to me is reconstituted meat and such

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭pejay

Transform wrote: »
    Yes I don't have the next day or two to go over and back on why people have been duped into thinking fat fom animal products some how clogs arteries and causes HD.

I and many others have covered this gound for many years now.

Denise mingers recent article on this was the best review of all this area but to be honest most people will still go about their day eating flora on bread while snacking on high fibre cereal bars and wondering why they are sick and tired.

I contribute boards to point people in the right direction not to take up days of endless wrestling over what I see working in my practice every day

What does raise the cholestral then because i am at wits end trying to keep mine down by diet never heard of it until i was called in with results on blood test.
    Getting sick of this low fat diet and not being able or knowing what i can and cannot eat.

Advertisement