Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Probably in the back of JBM's mind for later in the season:pac:

I expect Cork to come back stronger but dont know if it will be enough?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

A real pity the ladies lost yesterday, a 5 in a row would have been very nice for them to do.
    Monaghan played very well to be fair to them and deserved it on the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Seen there was a big score in the Nemo Bishopstown game, is Jack Ferriter still playing with Bishopstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

lala88 wrote: »
    Seen there was a big score in the Nemo Bishopstown game, is Jack Ferriter still playing with Bishopstown?
    Dear god yeah - some scoring in that game, would have been great viewing I'd imagine.

Anybody at it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Tip 1-10 v 0-09 Cork

Tip - as predicted - proved to be a bit good for Cork tonight in the minor footbal.
    Cork missed a fair few scorable chances apparently and an injury time pen but it wasn't to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭slievenamon fella

ya i must saw i taught cork were very nulucky not to get at least a draw tonight. they spurned an awful lots of chances through ou the game and the lack of a free taker cost them,only for philip quirke this evenin tipp were in big trouble

ya i must saw i taught cork were very nulucky not to get at least a draw tonight. they spurned an awful lots of chances through ou the game and the lack of a free taker cost them,only for philip quirke this evenin tipp were in big trouble
    Lack of a free taker at county level is unacceptable imo

Sunday night.....Network 2......9:30p.m.......and the tune starts.......Then you know the summer has really started!!

Sam is coming home.....Hurlers will surprise a few....Bring it on folks!!!!!

Sunday night.....Network 2......9:30p.m.......and the tune starts.......Then you know the summer has really started!!

Sam is coming home.....Hurlers will surprise a few....Bring it on folks!!!!!

Hurlers to beat Kilkenny in a thriller semi final. Cork to meet Galway in final and win narrowly.

Footballers to beat Kerry in semi also and bury a few past ghosts in Croke park. Dublin Cork final and Cork winning in the last 10 mins.

Boards(CORK GAA DISCUSSION) don't do dreams but if they did they would be the best dreams in the world. :D

Still though destiny is a great word. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭SeaFields

teednab-el wrote: »
    Footballers to beat Kerry in semi also and bury a few past ghosts in Croke park. Dublin Cork final and Cork winning in the last 10 mins.

They would meet in the final this year isnt it the way the draw works every second year?

Now that would be a sweet victory :D

• Advertisement

SeaFields wrote: »
    They would meet in the final this year isnt it the way the draw works every second year?

Now that would be a sweet victory :D
    Don't count your chickens :pac:

PaulieC wrote: »
    Don't count your chickens :pac:

Yeah...Kerry mightn't get there;)

133574353600.png

PaulieC wrote: »
    133574353600.png

They actually mightn't :D

They actually mightn't :D

On a phone so can't find a bigger picture sorry! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

Can anyone tell me when the potential Cork/Kerry Semi-final will be played and where it is likely to be?

IsMiseJoe wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me when the potential Cork/Kerry Semi-final will be played and where it is likely to be?

Sunday 10th June 2.00p.m. ...down the Páirc

So, Kerry in 2 weeks, no surprise there. They will of course benefit from the runout, even though they were far from convincing.

Tip in the hurling, who got a right scare from Limerick and I reckon we will have a right crack off them.

So, Kerry in 2 weeks, no surprise there. They will of course benefit from the runout, even though they were far from convincing.

Tip in the hurling, who got a right scare from Limerick and I reckon we will have a right crack off them.

Tipps record in Pairc Ui Chaoimh is shocking. Think they have only won twice in 80 years in Championship hurling and 2008 been the most recent. So I fancy our chances when we meet them. They weren't that impressive today but can improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Tipps record in Pairc Ui Chaoimh is shocking. Think they have only won twice in 80 years in Championship hurling and 2008 been the most recent. So I fancy our chances when we meet them. They weren't that impressive today but can improve.

How many times in last 80 years have Tipp played in Cork ? Tipp were off form last day we met them in cork, some lucky goals from o halpin

• Advertisement

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    How many times in last 80 years have Tipp played in Cork ? Tipp were off form last day we met them in cork, some lucky goals from o halpin

I don't care what Tip were that day. Cork played them off the park and if they didn't change their tactic of dropping the ball onto Ó'Halpín's head at the edge of the square, to driving it into the corner, Cork would have won by more than the 10points they did win by!

However, that result will have no meaning in the next game, but I have seen enough of both Cork and Tip this year to believe we can certainly take them!

Enough times that it stands out.

You make your own luck in hurling.

Cork V Tipp in the U21 hurling tonight is live on TG4 from 7.15, throw in 7.30.

This has the makings of a very good game but we've had torrential rain in Cork in the last hour in particular, so I expect underfoot conditions to be fairly crap.

Ft Cork 0-17 v Tipp 0-18

Cork were 2 or 3 points ahead for most of the game and were 4 points up with 8mins left. Tipp got 3 fast scores and were apoint down with 5 to go and with injury time approaching took the lead for the first time in the game.
    Not a bad game of hurling given the conditions. It didn't rain during the game - actually looked quite sunny - but the the sod was wet enough. Tipp's subs made more of an impact than Corks and that was the difference in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Carthy303

Ft Cork 0-17 v Tipp 0-18

Cork were 2 or 3 points ahead for most of the game and were 4 points up with 8mins left. Tipp got 3 fast scores and were apoint down with 5 to go and with injury time approaching took the lead for the first time in the game.
    Not a bad game of hurling given the conditions. It didn't rain during the game - actually looked quite sunny - but the the sod was wet enough. Tipp's subs made more of an impact than Corks and that was the difference in the end.

Cork were brutal from puck-outs, especially from our own.The tactic was to drive it down Lehanes throat, while it's understandable to do it, you have to vary it somewhat. You can't win matches being so one dimensional. It's a problem that seems to be plagueing Cork hurling teams at the moment, that we have no ball winner on the 40. Sweetnam was a big loss tonight and it's just a shame that it coincided with his exams but obviously they take priority. Two positives on the night were the performance of Christopher Joyce at center back and Jamie Coughlan in the corner.

http://gaacork.ie/taggedNews/130588/99/cork_senior_football_team_v_kerry

Cork team to play Kerry on Sunday was named tonight.Same team that started v Mayo with some positional changes.Knowing Counihan though, there will probably be a few more come Sunday @2pm.

I do like the look of that team. There are alot of possibile switches that can be made also. Cannot wait till Sunday!!

I do like the look of that team. There are alot of possibile switches that can be made also. Cannot wait till Sunday!!
    Can see maybe Goulding coming in for Goold and Kerrigan pushing out to the wing. It's obvious the plan is to run at them when you look at the half forwards. Can't wait either as long as this rain stops!

• Advertisement

Cork will need there asses kicked if they loose this one. We badly need a win over a less and convincing Kerry team that struggled against Tipperary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement