Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eye cinema 3d monsters v aliens

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Going to go see it too. Can't believe they have this in 3D but not My Bloody Valentine, Bolt, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Probably because MvA is actually good..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

We are looking forward to seeing this our selves. This will be the first real 3d film, its made 3d and not just rendered afterwards like the 2 films mentioned above.

• As far as I'm aware (I am not speaking officially so don't take what I say as the gospel truth) but the hopeful plan is that they are bringing back the movies that were supposed to be in 3D i.e. My Bloody Valentine, Bolt, U23D etc.

But yes, Monsters vs Aliens is going to be the first ever 3D movie screening in the Eye Cinema on Saturday.

Speaking officially though, more than likely it is going to be severely busy, so advanced booking is recommended so as to avoid any disappointment!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,962 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

We are looking forward to seeing this our selves. This will be the first real 3d film, its made 3d and not just rendered afterwards like the 2 films mentioned above.

As far as I know Bolt was made with the 3D tech in mind, also, Beowulf was certainly made as a 3D movie (was the only good thing about it). Coraline is another definite 3D movie, but i'm not sure if it has been officially released yet over here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

hi,

is that it?

surely Cineworld is getting the 3D version?

I e-mailed Cineworld.

"no plans at this time"

a**h*l*s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Eireann

Athlone cinema is also showing 3D MvsA from tomorrow

Digital Projectors were only installed yesterday so perhaps that was the story in Galway too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

going to see this in dundrum tomorrow. looking forward to it

As far as I know Bolt was made with the 3D tech in mind, also, Beowulf was certainly made as a 3D movie (was the only good thing about it). Coraline is another definite 3D movie, but i'm not sure if it has been officially released yet over here.

From wiki

"This is the first computer animated movie which will be produced in real 3-D instead of converting the film into 3-D after it is finished, which added $15 million extra to the film's budget."

• Advertisement

As far as I'm aware (I am not speaking officially so don't take what I say as the gospel truth) but the hopeful plan is that they are bringing back the movies that were supposed to be in 3D i.e. My Bloody Valentine, Bolt, U23D etc.

But yes, Monsters vs Aliens is going to be the first ever 3D movie screening in the Eye Cinema on Saturday.

Speaking officially though, more than likely it is going to be severely busy, so advanced booking is recommended so as to avoid any disappointment!

James Cameron has done a interview saying he will never make a 2d film again. He has a 3d film coming out at christmas which critics are saying will do to films what colour tv did to black and white.

is that 3d

i checked their site - thanks for the info

is dundrum a nice cinema

is that 3d

yes it is
    i checked their site - thanks for the info

is dundrum a nice cinema

i'd say it depends what screen room you're in but overall it's nice enough

i'd say it depends what screen room you're in but overall it's nice enough

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

Bit disappointed with the Eye to have special 3D prices - a €2.25 premium over than regular films! I'm with Mark Kermode on the "will 3D save the movie industry thing": it's grand and all, but hardly a revolution.

On the plus side, I suppose, it's better than the sly method some cinemas in England employed of advertising the same prices but charging a non-refundable deposit for 3D glasses!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Mikey23 wrote: »
    Bit disappointed with the Eye to have special 3D prices - a €2.25 premium over than regular films! I'm with Mark Kermode on the "will 3D save the movie industry thing": it's grand and all, but hardly a revolution.

On the plus side, I suppose, it's better than the sly method some cinemas in England employed of advertising the same prices but charging a non-refundable deposit for 3D glasses!
    Do you just have to buy the special glasses once and after that will the movies be the same price as any other movie?

Will the Corporate passes work for 3D Films or will it be like the luxury screen where you have to pay extra?

bedlam wrote: »
    They have it listed as playing in 3d tomorrow and Sunday.

left hand, right hand, i guess.:confused:

this week-end is previews and next friday is general release, is that correct

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

cooperguy wrote: »
    Do you just have to buy the special glasses once and after that will the movies be the same price as any other movie?

Will the Corporate passes work for 3D Films or will it be like the luxury screen where you have to pay extra?

Nope on the first Q. Check out the newly updated (& super long) prices sheet: http://www.eyecinema.ie/cinemas/prices.asp I'd imagine they'll work on the same principle as 3D movies in Imax cinemas - collect them at the door, drop them back after.

Looking at the pricing structure, I'd be surprised if they'll accept corporate passes on their own, but I'd love to be corrected. 2 tickets for €25 is a bit steep.

are there any IMAX cinemas in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

are there any IMAX cinemas in Ireland?
    No there was one in Dublin for a while but it closed down a few years ago.

• cooperguy wrote: »

I'm not 100% sure on if the Corporate passes will work. But just be prepared to pay some extra - just in case. I'll find out all details tomorrow.

I would just really like to add that I'm not speaking officially in any way, shape, or form. If you want more information ring on 091 780078 or email info@eyecinema.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

cooperguy wrote: »
    No there was one in Dublin for a while but it closed down a few years ago.
    Well no IMAX, but this will be in 3D in Cineworld on Parnell street.

went to see it today with my son. i hadn't seen a 3D film since jaws 3. i was blown away. amazing stuff. the film is good but not great but still highly enjoyable. disappointed that they don't have adult and kid sized glasses though, as i basically had to hold them on my sons ears all film long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Mully

bedlam wrote: »
    They have it listed as playing in 3d tomorrow and Sunday.

What is the situation with using the Unlimited card for 3D films ?
    Is there any hidden extras, additional fee, fee for glasses etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Saw this today with my 2 kids in Letterkenny, I must admit the 3-D effects worked very well, the glasses were fine for all of us (I had to wear contacts though as I doubt they would have fitted over my specs :D).

Definitely worth seeing on the big screen, however I don't see any reason why the same tech won't transfer to a decent home cinema set-up with a good size flat screen. The future - perhaps. No motion sickness either.

The movie itself was pretty good, some good funny moments too (the president character was a hoot). A couple of references to other movies in there too, Mars Attacks and Independence Day comes to mind. Not exactly Toy Story standard but a step up from some recent kid's animated stuff.

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Saw this today with my 2 kids in Letterkenny, I must admit the 3-D effects worked very well, the glasses were fine for all of us (I had to wear contacts though as I doubt they would have fitted over my specs :D).

Definitely worth seeing on the big screen, however I don't see any reason why the same tech won't transfer to a decent home cinema set-up with a good size flat screen. The future - perhaps. No motion sickness either.

The movie itself was pretty good, some good funny moments too (the president character was a hoot). A couple of references to other movies in there too, Mars Attacks and Independence Day comes to mind. Not exactly Toy Story standard but a step up from some recent kid's animated stuff.

You can by 3D ready tv's already. Wait intill next year and i say you will be seeing alot of new tv's coming out with it built in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

is it wrong that i found susan super hot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

review meh, awful zeitgeist jokes, can cartoons promote positive feminism but then draw their female chaarcters impossibly thin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

is it wrong that i found susan super hot?

Yeah I was wondering what was going to happen to her wedding dress when she started to grow... she must have the same tailor as the Hulk :(

Advertisement