Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Emmet Ryan wrote: »
    Aye sorry about that, was writing off my notes at 7 this morning and miss read it. That's been fixed.
    Spot on assessment of the game though, fair play.

530290_10150791809605419_673705418_9809532_1325304739_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭lilywhites28

Yes the crowd was small but I was in the cusack with a group yesterday and we and the kildare fans around us were having a ball also. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭musicmania

There was loads of Kildare fans on the Hogan Stand, way more than for any of the other 3 teams playing yesterday. There was a great atmosphere where we were.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,031 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Where's that Fogarty lad from? He didn't even look up for 2 of his scores.

• Advertisement

Fogarty's from St Laurences.

My team v Offaly

Connolly
    McGrillen
    Foley
    Kelly
    Lyons
    M O'Flaherty
    Bolton
    Flynn
    O'Neill (presuming Earley and Lynch aren't available)
    E O'Flaherty
    Conway
    Callaghan
    JD
    O'Connor
    Fogarty

With the likes of Kavanagh, Smith and Flanagan missing out. Strong bench though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

How is Dermot Early's Cruciate coming along ? is he fully fit at the minute ?

Alaska1 wrote: »
    How is Dermot Early's Cruciate coming along ? is he fully fit at the minute ?
    He's not fully fit, he still has a bit to go to build up the power in his knee and his over all fitness is a good bit behind the rest of the players I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Kildare have shown bottle in beating Tyrone that's what I am really excited about, they showed great bottle in second half IMO

Nobody is talking bout being champions as he has stated the fans are excited the lads are performing well that is all

Won't count for much if they do don't produce the goods in Summer though, that's all I meant.

And I wasn't meaning to devalue the win over Tyrone, any day you come away with a convincing 5 point win over Tyrone you must be doing something right. I was escpecially impressed with the shooting accuracy, something that seems to have improved a lot under McGeeney (as I know it's been an issue for Kildare teams in the past, not turning possession into scores).

As a Galwayman it gives me hope that our lads should have beaten ye, as I know this is a pretty good Kildare team. Though our expectations for this Summer are lower obviously.

Kildare will play Clare in a challenge match on sunday at 7pm @ Kilcock GAA. New floodlights will be turned on. GAA president Liam O' Neill and Micheal O' Muircheartaigh will be special guests.
    Interested to see who will line out. :)

• Advertisement

The hurlers were unlucky to lose yesterday in The Christy Ring Cup first round. Kildare 2-18 Derry 1-22.

They play Kerry away in the next round.

Kildare will play Clare in a challenge match on sunday at 7pm @ Kilcock GAA. New floodlights will be turned on. GAA president Liam O' Neill and Micheal O' Muircheartaigh will be special guests.
    Interested to see who will line out. :)
    Kildare 2-19 0-7 Clare.

Hugh Lynch was introduced in the second half. Great to see him back after his injury.

Our 2 goals came from Rob Kelly and Ronan Sweeney.

1. Robbie Eyres (Clane)
    2. Aindriú MacLochlainn (Ellistown)
    3. Ciaran Fitzpatrick (Kilcock) Capt.
    4. Eoin Doyle (Naas)
    5. Mark Scanlon (Round Towers)
    6. Tommy O Neill (St. Laurences)
    7. Tommy Moolick (Leixlip)
    8. Gary White (Sarsfields)
    9. Daryl Flynn (Moorefield)
    10. Fionn Dowling (Suncroft)
    11. Ronan Sweeney (Moorefield)
    12. Robert Kelly (Straffan)
    13. Padraig Fogarty (St. Laurences)
    14. Hugh Lynch (Confey)
    15. Ciaran Kelly (Moorefield)

16. Ciaran Heneghan (Kilcock)
    17. Mick Foley (Athy)
    18. Paddy Dunne (Athy)
    19. Alan Smith (Sarsfields)
    20. Des Lawlor (St. Laurences)
    21. Hugh McGrillen (Celbridge)
    22. Eamonn Callaghan (Naas)
    23. Tom O Connor (Clane)
    24. Eoin Powderly (Kilcock)
    25. Shane Bergin (Naas)
    26. Caoimhín McDonnell (Sarsfields)

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

Were you at the game Micky?

If so, Fogarty pick up where he left off? I hope he's the real deal...

full_irish wrote: »
    Were you at the game Micky?

If so, Fogarty pick up where he left off? I hope he's the real deal...
    No I couldn't make it but I heard he scored 4 points from play and played well although the game was a farce as Clare were awful.

Ronan Sweeney scored 1-6, so we have plenty of options.

Was at the match myself, ye Fogarty did well scored 1 set up a few others. Rob kelly was impressive scored our first goal and two points and Roli Sweeney playing particualry well scoring 1-7. Eoin Doyle, F Dowling, Mollick,T' O Neill also impressive.
    Think its vital we get the partner with flynn right so good to see Lynch come on.
    Fitzpatrick very good although never really under great pressure.
    Strong team and performance from the lads. Just goes to show the strength of depth we have. A great testament to the management team.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Rob Kelly is a big addition to the team if his fitness is good after missing a bit of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Kildare juniors were playing tonight in newbridge in tho first round of the championship and they won 1-15 to 1-09 against louth. Dermot early played the full game and even scored two of the the points. What a leader what a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,797 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

What format is the Kildare championship can someone tell me?
    Is it straight knockout or a drawn out league affair before the knockout kicks in?
    The county board website just has the next fixtures down as Round1 which could mean anything.
    http://kildaregaa.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1607&Itemid=54#

• Registered Users Posts: 7,797 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Have it
    http://kildaregaa.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1591:new-club-football-champsionship-format&catid=203:mens-news&Itemid=145

not a league but a "backdoor" system so each team is guaranteed a second bite of the cherry.

Have it
    http://kildaregaa.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1591:new-club-football-champsionship-format&catid=203:mens-news&Itemid=145

not a league but a "backdoor" system so each team is guaranteed a second bite of the cherry.
    Yeah it's a pretty complicated system, I don't know why they couldn't leave it alone, if it ain't broke don't try and fix it. :rolleyes:

Anyway my tips.

Senior: Sarsfields

Intermediate: JTB

Junior: Two Mile House

• Advertisement

Christy Ring Cup result: kildare 2-21 kerry 1-16

Johnson saga finally coming to an end.

Did anyone see Seanie play yesterday? Scored 5 points from play according to kfm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Great win for the Juniors tonight in the Leinster semi final. Kildare 0-10 Meath 0-09.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Indeed, they were 0-8 to 0-1 down at half time, great comeback. They play Cavan in the Leinster Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Indeed, they were 0-8 to 0-1 down at half time, great comeback. They play Cavan in the Leinster Final.

That match is scheduled for Wednesday the 27th. I hear Dermot Early has been playing full forward. Do people expect this to continue or will he play for the seniors this weekend?

I was surprised he's not named in the starting 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Lemlin wrote: »
    That match is scheduled for Wednesday the 27th. I hear Dermot Early has been playing full forward. Do people expect this to continue or will he play for the seniors this weekend?

Lemlin if Earley is fully fit he is a definite starter tbh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Lemlin wrote: »

He's not down to start this weekend but I'd be surprised if we don't see him at some stage.

IMO he will never be able for 70 mins of senior football (not in mid field anyway) again, he has a lot of mileage and has had his fair share of serious injuries.

Eamon Callaghan and Daryl Flynn are more of a worry, we need to get them lads back to full fitness ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Lemlin if Earley is fully fit he is a definite starter tbh..

Where do you get this info from?

I was talking to Dermot himself during the week and he would be delighted if he can help the lads this season.His body wont stand up to a full season of starting games and he expects his role to be that of an impact sub.

Advertisement