Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Socks

• 12-05-2003 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭

Intriguing subject and doesn't get any better, so how many socks have you worn in your life?
    5018 Pairs of socks are my tally so far, beat that.
    Socks Socks and more Socks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

spandau, you can afaik, delete your own threads as long as they dont have any responses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭hells angels

4680....mad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Originally posted by Gordon
    spandau, you can afaik, delete your own threads as long as they dont have any responses.
    I tried but to no avail!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

In 21 years, you have worn approximately 5460 pairs of socks, and you have owned approximately 630 pairs of socks.

lies !!

ive never owned a pair of socks, my mammy always buys em for me. so she is always the legal owner of all socks that don my feet at any given time

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by Gordon
    Ha ha, how could he delete the thread when you just added a reply to it... :)
    In 23 years, you have worn approximately 5980 pairs of socks, and you have owned approximately 690 pairs of socks.
    Thats a lie.... a only change my socks once a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Originally posted by Rabies
    Ha ha, how could he delete the thread when you just added a reply to it... :)
    lol, no you see for some reason when I posted the thread last night I managed to post it three times so when you had a look at the After Hours forum there was three threads started by me concerning "Socks", and well thats just plain weird and I couldn't delete the unwanted threads!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

For 1 year...
    In undefined years, you have worn approximately NaN pairs of socks, and you have owned approximately NaN pairs of socks.

oops :)

It seems to be working on the simple calculation of NO. OF SOCKS = YEARS OF AGE MULTIPLIED BY 260

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

" In 20 years, you have worn approximately 5200 pairs of socks, and you have owned approximately 600 pairs of socks. "

My life is complete!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

In 22 years, you have worn approximately 5720 pairs of socks, and you have owned approximately 660 pairs of socks.

I have worn more pairs than i owned?? :confused:

Who socks have i been stealing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭endanagle

In 23 years, you have worn approximately 5980 pairs of socks, and you have owned approximately 690 pairs of socks.

hmmmm.... i dunno... i think its probably much higher... what about all the pairs i've had to buy to replace 'that missing sock' or to find matchers for the ones in my lucky sock drawer???
    (yup, i have a drawer where all the orphans go and when times are touch then it gets raided... dont always get good matchers either!):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

This calculator doesn't know my buying habits. I have certainly not had 855 pairs of socks in my life. 100 more like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭lulu

i have worn approximately 8060 pairs of socks, my god it has taken this calculator to admit my age!!

I may face it im getting old:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Originally posted by lulu

I may face it im getting old:D

You're 31,your too old to be on the Internet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

it also doesnt take into account the socks stolen by the sock monster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭[Iramus]

In 18 years, you have worn approximately 4680 pairs of socks, and you have owned approximately 540 pairs of socks.

lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Silent Bob

Wierd...
    you have worn approximately Infinity pairs of socks, and you have owned approximately Infinity pairs of socks.

A completely different pair of socks each and every day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭MAC_E

Ive generally only been able to afford about 5 pairs of socks a year since ive been 17. Id say in reality id be very lucky to make it to 690 pairs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

HTTP Error 405
    405 Method Not Allowed

The method specified in the Request Line is not allowed for the resource identified by the request. Please ensure that you have the proper MIME type set up for the resource you are requesting.

Please contact the server's administrator if this problem persists.

oops, i think i broke it...

tribble:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

Do the underpants gnomes like socks too?? It would explain the odd sock theory!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Hmmm usually its just the same few pairs. Must get some new ones actually. When theres more foot than sock thats a sure sign

• Advertisement
Advertisement