Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good form, bad form & everything in between?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Dr Expired

Neonjack wrote: »
    Ok, I'm not sure I can write this well enough to do it justice, but, yesterday I mentioned to my girlfriend, in passing, that we needed some bread. The kids were there and heard me say it. Money's been tight lately and the kids knew this (less treats, etc.). I went upstairs to get some cash before heading to the shop. Our 7 year old followed me up, went to her room, and called me. I met her on the landing and she handed me a tenner from her savings, saying 'This is for all the kind things you do for me'. I swear to god, I thought I'd burst into tears. I could feel my eyes well up. 100% good form.
    I've heard a few different versions of that story over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Dr Expired wrote: »
    I've heard a few different versions of that story over the last few years.

Your point being?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

You really learn people's true colours when you move away and they don't give a crap about how you are doing :(

Makes me not want to ever come home!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Going to take this chance to vent.

I've been in a horrible state over the last few days. Because of personal problems, I had to forego asking out a wonderful girl on Friday. Because I have family problems which basically means asking out a girl would result in untold chaos at home, I had to let the girl go. Didn't say goodbye despite it being her last day. Couldn't bare to. What made it worse was I know she liked me, and although I don't want to come across like some immature teenager, I don't think I've ever felt the same way about a girl as I did her.

Just been really down about it since Friday though. I've always been positive and optimistic as a person. But for 48 hours, I've just felt so, so depressed. Lying in bed last night, it was all I could do to hold back just breaking down (manly, I know :P). The thought that I'll never see the girl again has been close to just wanting to lie down and give up. On top of that, everything just keeps going against me. Not really sure how much more I can take...

She's kept me sane in work over the last few weeks. The way I work, I have quite a bit of down time between things, and so did she, so we kept each other company. Now, the thoughts of going back into work are ones I dread.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I have to say, I feel like life has been pretty good to me recently. :)
    Have a great girlfriend, who despite the fact that we're temporarily geographically separated, still makes me smile and feel happy each and every day. Can't wait to go see her when I take my holiday!
    Just finished my car payments. Got a tiny marine fish tank which looks amazing.
    Had no health problems in quite some time. :)

All in all, I'm feeling faboosh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Bad form....got our house broken into a few weeks ago and they took our car, laptop and wife's purse.

Good form....got a good insurance pay out and bought a lovely A4

Bad form....going up the M50 on Friday and a fcuking joy rider hit the mirror and nearly wrote me off while being pursued by the guards.
    £48.80 for the new glass!!

Good form....went to the giants causeway yesterday with the little ones...we had a ball in the sun.

I have to say, I feel like life has been pretty good to me recently. :)
    Have a great girlfriend, who despite the fact that we're temporarily geographically separated, still makes me smile and feel happy each and every day. Can't wait to go see her when I take my holiday!
    Just finished my car payments. Got a tiny marine fish tank which looks amazing.
    Had no health problems in quite some time. :)

All in all, I'm feeling faboosh!

Feeling faboosh?? Does your girlfriend know you are gay? :eek::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Bit browned off.I fell on Monday evening and mangled my shoulder,been in a sling most of the week and its really feckin sore.Its been a massive pain in the face doing even the most mundane of tasks like showering or dressing.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

Kind of up and down.Things are ok with me in general, but lately, for a while in fact I kinda feel like Im going nowhere , and my lack of drive and ambition is beginning to frustrate me. Ive no relationship, live in a little dive of a flat, very little money, went back to college recently to do a course but I dont really like it all that much.Also, friendships are kind of drifting becoming more into myself and just doing my own thing. I think secretly my family see me as a bit of a failure and I feel like the next few years will decide whether I am or not. Im sure Ill be ok, but its just frustrating that I can the as motivated as other people seem to be.

I had such a great day! And I'm happy and even posting this from the library!

It was 15 degrees and sunny :eek: Didn't need a coat wow.

Got on well at my doctor's appointment and made appointments for loads of health stuff I can get done free here on the amazing Canadian health system- Cause Ireland is crap!

Got loads of good newses, did really well in an assignment I was worried about, got a few hours highly overpaid work supervising exams this weekend. Got a nice haircut, I was so damn shaggy! Petted a really big fluffy Newfie dog! Had a super lovely lunch in a vegetarian hippy health place, so unlike me!

Yay me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Good form and bad time at the same time..ahhhhh

Now I'm a little sad cause I tried to send a PM to a friend only to find out Closed account :(

Wanted to share this lovely website thats keeping me awake but also happy

http://thefluffingtonpost.com/

Dere soooo coooooot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Great form. Got me a new job. :)

I've spent 4.5 years working three shifts in a job that's half engineering/half IT support. It was sold as a stepping stone to a proper controls engineering job. Unfortunately for me, the company has gone through a lot of changes since I got here which effectively meant there were none of these jobs available.

One finally came up. I was recommended for it, interviewed and now have it. It's good to know that my good work over the past number of years has been noticed and I've gotten my reward. So in a few weeks, I'll no longer be working nights and evenings. Nights I don't mind too much except that you're on a different schedule to the rest of the world. Evenings I detest and I couldn't be happier about never working them again. There's a trade-off in that I have to work every second weekend but, again, it's only day work so I'm ok with it.

Also really excited at the change. I've become a bit bored with the limited scope of my current job and it was very swiftly approaching the time where I'd have to leave if nothing came up. I'm happy that I haven't had to as I like the company I work for and the work-life balance it affords me.

So all change and all very exciting. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

Was in great form yesterday thesis bound and put in. Turned down three jobs to work on it last week. Came back to my college house and it was an awful kip cleaned it all up and now relaxing till I start studying for exams! Put my name in for Student Union President next year. Got offered an internship as well. Just wish I had some money now sick of scrapping. Hopefully have a job starting in July wondering could I claim the dole for the month of June when I finish exams in May. Or just win the lotto!

Happy happy. Finished my semester on Friday, had an unreal great night out Saturday and off on my holidays to mainland Canada vurrry early in the morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

I've a mix of good form and bad form really.

I've a tonne of college work to do and I'm really not getting any of it done, I'm so behind its a nightmare. Seriously stressing me out.

On the plus side though I had one recent development that has given me some level hope.

I recently met a girl I kind of knew from growing up years ago. Never close friends, just had a few mutual friends.
    She joined a group I volunteer with so I've been seeing a lot more often than before. But after getting talking to her again I realised I like her. Now I've been single for YEARS so I don't have a love life to speak of.

So I was at a pub quiz with a few friends the other night and she was there. I wasn't talking to her too much, I just assumed she wouldn't be interested in me or anything like that.

But towards the end of the night I was talking to her and for some reason I tell her that I never learned to cycle. She smiles and says I'll teach you! So she gives me her number and tells me to let her know when I'm around.

We eventually organise to meet up in the park. I didn't know what to expect really but as it turns out it was the most fun I've had in a long time. She brought her bike down and we were talking for a good while. I then give the cycling a go. So I'm sitting on her bike while she's walking beside me and we just talked and had a really good laugh for hours. We then went and got a coffee, telling each other about our families and stuff.

Was really good fun. Now, I'm not going to get my hopes up or anything like that, she could feel completely differently/only see me as a friend, ect. but I have to say it was a lot of fun.

She sent me a message about doing a 5KM charity run so I'm gonna ask her does she want to go for a run during the week.

Maybe I'm an idiot, I don't know, but I might allow myself to think positively about myself for once in my life. For some reason this girl brought me cycling, stayed around for ages talking, bought me a pint after training last night, and then said we should go do a charity run.

I know none of this sounds significant at all, but little things like this are important to me.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭Elessar

Good form!

Facebook chatting to a girl I've known a few years wen't really well. She's a waitress in a pub I go to and I asked her out a while back...she said she would, sometime, but she wasn't ready for it just yet as she was just out of a long term relationship.

I was relaxed, playfully slagging her off every so often, chatty but didn't care too much...I'm realising this is the best way. Just being myself, just more confident. Not over analysing everything I want to say or trying to be too nice. She hinted at brining her presents when I see her next (she says she was joking but I don't know..) and hinted at meeting up. Do girls like presents?! I don't even know what she means.

Anyway it seems small but it's the little things!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Good and bad form.
    Bad - knee injury that the docs cannot find or the physios cure means I have not run consistently in nearly two years (while in physio it is manageable but funds seriously tapped out now) - seriously causing me to crack up - every time I pass a jogger get into a slump. Waking up each day with the constant ache in my knee is not much fun. Stopped running permanently a year ago after hearing the pop as my knee cap was ripped out of it's groove.
    Credit card maxed again, current account nearly empty and a week to go to payday - oh the joy of tightening our belts.
    One of my dogs is terrified of people, makes walks challenging - as they are big fluffy beasts most folk want to come over and pet her - the one thing that causes her to have a fit and go on the attack - poor thing - slowly getting better but makes for an anxious walk.
    Seeing pictures of Kerry - dying to move there but no jobs and OH not keen on moving somewhere so remote (I like remote places), skpent my summers in a small village but prices have not dropped there and it is just too remote for my OH - who knows maybe some day.
    Yet another recurring dream of that girl in 1st year of school I was mad about - being a spotty 11 yr old did the usual - pretended I hated her etc - finally kissed her in 6th year only to find when I rang her to arrange a date I froze and couldn't speak, I mean it was 20 year ago you think my subconscious would have let go by now... Most dreams are the same "why were you so mean to me?" - my OH just laughs at me now when I tell her I had that dream again.

Good - about to take my two dogs out for a swim - usually cheers me up, especially as it helps their hips.
    Got a job even if it means working US hours for a bit, just needs loads of coffee to keep me going through the day and into the early night.
    Really enjoying Dark Souls - helps distract my mind, finding new places after hours of dying at the same spot is great fun.
    Got a fantastic wife with the patience of a saint and the humour of Dick Emery crossed with Spike Milligan - hard to keep up with her sometimes, but somehow I make her laugh so all is good...

In a good mood.
    Out of sheer boredom and a need to avoid studying at all costs I replied to an ad for a job. Sat there and did my cover letter and CV from start to finish and e mailed them off. Waited a day, no e mail back, so I said that was that.
    Then yesterday they rang me , interview on Tuesday. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roro_utd

Bad mood and great mood all in one day for me. I must have spent six hours thinking about my ex who broke up with me last month and then it was all good as soon as I got home from work and listened to music. It still amazes me how good of a mood music can put ya in :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Good form.

Just back from a decent gig, should have an easy work day in the morning and think I'll get out of dodge early and head up to my friend's place in Dublin for the weekend. Got a dinner and drinks session with some boardies to look forward to then while up, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Brilliant form today.

I've been getting better and better after a manky ill year and a half and myself and my fiance just got the news that the house we want has just ticked over to "sale agreed" in our favour, and for 20% less than the asking price.

It's a smiley day today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭Elessar

Bad form :(

Just got word that I didn't get the job I had an interview for two weeks ago. I'm already working but it's hard shift work and this would have gotten me back into an office 9-5 (in the same company) doing work I've done before and gotten my life back. I did my best but it obviously just wasn't good enough. Totally dejected. I feel like sh*t :(

:(:(

Sorry to hear that Elessar.

I'm in good form. Spent a fortune this weekend on presents (Birthday and communion - I can't wait to give them to my niece and nephew) and some stuff for myself, had a blast at a wee boards meet up and today is sunny and I don't have to go to the office today. I'm expecting to win the lotto later now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Ok first of all - disclaimer: this post contains a serious case of soppyness and stomach churning lovey dovey ridiculousness!! (so apologies in advance)

I am in an amazing mood lately and it's down to one amazing person! I am going out with the best/most awesome person I have ever met! I have never felt more happy or comfortable then when I am with her, and when we are away all I can think about is the next time I get to see her! I'm honestly the happiest I have ever been!! Want to shout it from the rooftops - the Internet is better....... WORLD WIDE need to know!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Ok first of all - disclaimer: this post contains a serious case of soppyness and stomach churning lovey dovey ridiculousness!! (so apologies in advance)

I am in an amazing mood lately and it's down to one amazing person! I am going out with the best/most awesome person I have ever met! I have never felt more happy or comfortable then when I am with her, and when we are away all I can think about is the next time I get to see her! I'm honestly the happiest I have ever been!! Want to shout it from the rooftops - the Internet is better....... WORLD WIDE need to know!! :)

Ah, that made me smile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Pembily wrote: »
    Ah, that made me smile :D

Me too :)

Bad form.

The day was going so well and in 20 minutes gets absolutely ruined. The meeting I thought was cancelled wasn't cancelled (I got notifications that it's the next 2 weeks meetings that were). No real issue there, in fact it's a bonus.

Still showed a late face to the office and in my account review my manager throws his kind of wobbler. I can't stand the man and he caused me to panic and doubt myself and now I can't shake it.

I miss my last manager who would calm me down when needed, not increase the panic in me.

Bobby42 wrote: »
    In a good mood.
    Out of sheer boredom and a need to avoid studying at all costs I replied to an ad for a job. Sat there and did my cover letter and CV from start to finish and e mailed them off. Waited a day, no e mail back, so I said that was that.
    Then yesterday they rang me , interview on Tuesday. Happy days.

Had the interview yesterday. I thought I had screwed it up as it was a tough interview, really but on the spot and I just wasn't prepared for some of the questions.

But something must have worked in my favour as they rang me back later in the afternoon and I got the job! Over the moon! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Good form / Bad form. Dream job opened up again = Good form. Bad form = last time over 7000 people went for 21 positions :(

Advertisement