Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,138 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Probably mentioned here already, but world of goo is amazing game, frustrating as hell at times (in the best way possible). I got it on sale for like €0.49 or something, it's currently €3.99 (and worth it):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twodboy.worldofgoofull&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS50d29kYm95Lndvcmxkb2Znb29mdWxsIl0.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

When they list a task killer as one of their 50 must have apps, it's hard to take the list too seriously. Maybe 3 years ago it was useful, but not any more. Decent enough, if unsurprising, list (apart the task killer and Adele.... WTF)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    manual_man wrote: »
    Is there an android version of live scores addict?

If you're looking for football live scores fotmob is the daddy. I tried em all
    Yeah its quality but it doesn't show any highlights of games instantly.

I don't know any app that does that, unless maybe sky sports if you have a sub
    That's what live score addict does on the i phone.

The whatphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Aidric wrote: »
    Mr E wrote: »
    When they list a task killer as one of their 50 must have apps, it's hard to take the list too seriously. Maybe 3 years ago it was useful, but not any more. Decent enough, if unsurprising, list (apart the task killer and Adele.... WTF)

It looks like a list compiled by someone who doesn't have an Android phone tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

101 Great Goals app is worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Töpher wrote: »
    Cheers, working perfectly so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭smilerf

ok not strictly an app but a music player. n7 player seems to be the perfect mix of power amp and player pro

Really? I downloaded it there and its not working at all. Seems I'm not the only one either. More 1 star reviews than anything else

Really? I downloaded it there and its not working at all. Seems I'm not the only one either. More 1 star reviews than anything else
    Well its full of advertising and an awful layout, but along as I get to see the goals I don't care. Its the only app that lets me do this so I'm happy. What phone are you using?

• Advertisement

Well its full of advertising and an awful layout, but along as I get to see the goals I don't care. Its the only app that lets me do this so I'm happy. What phone are you using?

Using a galaxy tab 7.7 running honeycomb. When I click into any of the links for the goals, the page doesn't load properly at all, no video...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Super Monkey Ball 2 from Sega America is out and seems pretty fun. I've only played it for a few minutes so far though

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Best data counter widget? Want something simple and light as I dont have much memory overhead.

TIA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

ED E wrote: »
    Best data counter widget? Want something simple and light as I dont have much memory overhead.

TIA

I use one called um..well..Data counter widget :o
    I really liked it, it was simple and you could make it only show what you want to know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

didnt want to start a new thread just for this :)

what does rooted mean? ive seen some apps say you have to be rooted to use them? im new to android so i havnt heard of this before

PucaMama wrote: »
    didnt want to start a new thread just for this :)

what does rooted mean? ive seen some apps say you have to be rooted to use them? im new to android so i havnt heard of this before

It means you have "Root", the Linux equivalent of "Administrator" on windows. Most manufacturers sell phones without root as average users are less likely to break their own phone with limited permissions.

The advantage of having it is that you can edit system critical things, and use amazing tools like Titanium Backup(<- get it if you root).

Some phones can be rooted with programs like SuperOneClick, the rest need to be flashed with a rew ROM(copy of Android from the mod community).

I use one called um..well..Data counter widget :o
    I really liked it, it was simple and you could make it only show what you want to know

Derp, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

It means you have "Root", the Linux equivalent of "Administrator" on windows. Most manufacturers sell phones without root as average users are less likely to break their own phone with limited permissions.

The advantage of having it is that you can edit system critical things, and use amazing tools like Titanium Backup(<- get it if you root).

Some phones can be rooted with programs like SuperOneClick, the rest need to be flashed with a rew ROM(copy of Android from the mod community)

thanks, dont think my little sony live has that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Don't download Drawsomething unless you want to waste half your life. Great game though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,138 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Don't download Drawsomething unless you want to waste half your life. Great game though

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭budgemook

I see you have to pay for Drawsomething..

Is it like online Pictionary or something? Can you play against friends?

EDIT: found free version, will check it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

TIA

Im in the same boat with memory. I use 3G Watchdog which weighs in at 0.90Mb and find it great, try both see which you prefer :-)

jaqian wrote: »
    Im in the same boat with memory. I use 3G Watchdog which weighs in at 0.90Mb and find it great, try both see which you prefer :-)

Nice, will do :)

• +1 for 3g watchdog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

budgemook wrote: »
    I see you have to pay for Drawsomething..

Is it like online Pictionary or something? Can you play against friends?

EDIT: found free version, will check it out

paid version is ad free and gives you 400 coins. means you can get a few more colours. only 75 cent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭SuprSi

What are the best SMS apps out there? I've tried both Handcent & Go SMS Pro and while they're both highly customisable, neither allow you to change how many message appear on the first screen and IMO it looks crap. I know I can change the font and have played around with that but had no luck. I could be doing something wrong but I'd love to be able to fit 10 - 12 message on the screen when I open the app, rather than 6 -7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

They look brutal alright. I went back to the stock SE messaging. Miss the popup though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭madmoe

SuprSi wrote: »
    What are the best SMS apps out there? I've tried both Handcent & Go SMS Pro and while they're both highly customisable, neither allow you to change how many message appear on the first screen and IMO it looks crap. I know I can change the font and have played around with that but had no luck. I could be doing something wrong but I'd love to be able to fit 10 - 12 message on the screen when I open the app, rather than 6 -7.

Chomp was good back in the day when I had a Nexus One.....but not used it in ages....

madmoe wrote: »
    Chomp was good back in the day when I had a Nexus One.....but not used it in ages....

I just tried that one a few minutes ago and it was the same - the conversations in the conversation window are just too big and you can only see 8 (I think) in total. They could be much more efficient with this space.

Just change the font size to tiny.

• Advertisement

Just change the font size to tiny.

Tried that, but the spacing of the conversations stays the same. In K9 mail, if you change the font size, you fit more on the screen - the same doesn't apply here, unless I'm doing something wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement