Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which type of Yoga ?

• 11-11-2011 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to do a yoga class once a week as part of my training. I play football and have tight hips and ankles.

I am looking for some advice, there are so many different types of yoga out there such as ashtanga, bikram yoga etc.

Which one of these is best or most appropriate? or are they all similar? There is a bikram yoga studio near me in Dublin which is very popular and was thinking of giving this a try, I have only ever done Pilates and not yoga.

Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Big Mig

I'm a cyclist, and prefer the physical challenge of Ashtanga...there is also a lot of focus on the breath and moving with the breath.....

Physically, I find it very challenging but very rewarding too - personally I find the benefits of the Ashtanga yoga go far beyond the actual physical practice....

I think it is a more dynamic yoga, than the likes of Hatha or some of the more gentler ones..

Thats just my thoughts for what they're worth :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Andy Loren

Yoga is a wonderful way to making your body relax and having its several benefits as well. I agreed to previous post, you must focus on breath and moving with the breath. I personally feel that ashtanga yoga will be more helpful for you.

Advertisement