Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First Recurve Bow... Help

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Maicros wrote: »

Don't worry all you'll have to buy from now on will be stuff to add onto the bow .....

:eek:

How could you have typed that with a straight face? :confused:

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Maicros

Greysides even you have weights!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Don't worry all you'll have to buy from now on will be stuff to add onto the bow .....

Maicros, remember Rohans' comment and think about who you're talking to ..............:D

In my defence, it's an addiction. :eek::o

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 23 bconmy

So my stuff finally arrived toady =D

Initial happiness was quickly overridden by complete confusion though =/
    I still have no idea how to attach the sight to the bow, 'm not sure the rest is on right, not sure how to set the button up right, stringing is difficult (I still have a broken ankle, 'm gonna blame the cast for that one).

Any advice on how to mount the sight? Could find literally no advice on the net. It's a Jooming Scorpion sight, looks pretty identical to most other sights 've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Bow sights are generally mounted using a standard sized and spaced bracket.

If ya don't already have it, download the reference guide here: http://www.archersreference.co.uk/download.html

Page 27 will give ya some good details on setting up the rest and the button.

Its an old enough file, but archery hasn't changed much since it was written and we all use it still.

• Advertisement

Yeah pretty much as soon as I posted on this the screws suddenly fit into the threaded hole 'd tried about 10 times before, thanks for the advice though =D

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Welcome to archery - the bows have a personality of their own, and its not always a nice-guy personality! :D

Haha the bow can be a dick all it wants as long as it can hit the target as soon as I finally get to use it, which is next week hopefully!

Advertisement