Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2008 passat heated mirror

• 10-02-2012 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hi
    does the 2008 passat comfort line have heated wing mirrors, They dont work on mine eventhough on the mirror adjustment knob there is a heater function on it. cant find a fuse for it either

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

strandsman wrote: »
    Hi
    does the 2008 passat comfort line have heated wing mirrors, They dont work on mine eventhough on the mirror adjustment knob there is a heater function on it. cant find a fuse for it either

They have heated mirrors allrite. Have you checked the fuses both sides..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

my dad had a passat and thought that the mirror heaters were not working but you need to have the mirror switch in the heat position and the rear heater on.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

cant find the fuse, and it does have the heated symbol on the electric mirror knob

cant find the fuse, and it does have the heated symbol on the electric mirror knob

Give George Dalton a PM if he dont respond here..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

They only work below a certain temperature AFAIK - 5c, I think.

• Advertisement

As far as I can remember there is no heater symbol on the heater knob. If you put the mirror knob to 0 and then turn on the rear window heater..

Is the rear screen heater working?

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    As far as I can remember there is no heater symbol on the heater knob. If you put the mirror knob to 0 and then turn on the rear window heater..

Is the rear screen heater working?

Nope there is a heater symbol. I searched earlier and could not find a fuse either op.

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Nope there is a heater symbol. I searched earlier and could not find a fuse either op.

OK its been a few years since we had the passat. It should be in the heater position then (obviously) with the rear heater on.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

I figured it out recently,there is a white dot on the knob, turn the knob 180 degrees so the dot is facing the heater symbol then switch on rear window heater and push forward the knob to the heater symbol,Originally I never turned it beyond the L and R letters for fear of breaking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

My understanding is that the heated rear window has to be on and the outside temperature below 5c. They won't work in this weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Moanin

ksimpson wrote: »
    My understanding is that the heated rear window has to be on and the outside temperature below 5c. They won't work in this weather.

Dunno about the 5c but the rear demister does not need to be on. The switch for moving the wingmirrors needs to be on the demist position for the mirror demister to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Rear window in older models used to control the heated mirrors. The mirror adjustment switch controls the heated mirrors on your model passat. It may be the fuse or even the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 xantius

I have a similar problem with my 2008 Passat. My rear window defroster works fine, but my side-view mirrors do not. I made sure that the knob is pointing toward the defrost symbol, and I pushed it in it's direction.
    Also, the temperature outside is -20°C, so the temperature threshold is more then met.
    Does anyone know where the fuse for the heated mirrors is?

Advertisement