Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to put detail sof driving license on CV

• 05-12-2007 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

as above, recently passed my driving tesdtwohhoo!
    and i need to no where to put it on the cv!

any help wood be great!
    thanks
    ed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I put it in a small section at the top of my CV with my personal details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

I think I have it under my "Other Relevent SKills" section or whatever I called it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Guys do not specify personal information like this no your resume.
    Do not even specify your date of birth, ever. Just your age.
    You can't imagine the number of crappy people who have access to Monster, Jobserve etc...
    Plus nobody cares your driving license number seriously, I know you are proud to have just passed it, but come on.

Keep your CV simple and easily readable. Otherwise with a lot of useless references it will turn people of after 30 seconds.

mick.fr wrote: »
    You can't imagine the number of crappy people who have access to Monster, Jobserve etc...
    Plus nobody cares your driving license number seriously, I know you are proud to have just passed it, but come on.

Keep your CV simple and easily readable. Otherwise with a lot of useless references it will turn people of after 30 seconds.
    What? Are you talking about the individual driving license number?

I was (and I thought the OP was too) referring to noting that you have a "full clean drivers license" which is very desirable by a lot of employers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I just have 'Full Clean Irish Driving License' on my CV. In my current position having a driving license (and car) has been very useful even if it's not essential. I have some space left in the area with my personal contact details where it fits in cleanly. I only have those contact details there for the convenience of real employers and would drop them for an Monster/Jobserve CV.

On the point of age/dob, I've seen indications recently that some companies no longer want to see this on applicant's CV's as they wish to insulate themselves as much as possible from discrimination allegations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Yeah my bad I thought he mentioned DL number.
    Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

ya just give full clean driving licence, and the catgories held if relevant. i have mine under personal information at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

mick.fr wrote: »
    Nothing to do with the OPs question, but why not the DoB? Always had it on (also too lazy to change it every so often). Two other CV's that I've come across, one had no DoB, or age, the other had both. Curious on why the lack of the DoB?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the_syco wrote: »
    Nothing to do with the OPs question, but why not the DoB? Always had it on (also too lazy to change it every so often). Two other CV's that I've come across, one had no DoB, or age, the other had both. Curious on why the lack of the DoB?
    i always thought leaving out the DoB was so that they couldn't discriminate you by your age no?

Surely they're gonna just discriminate when you get there anyway? If they don't want a young person or an old person or whatever working there I'd rather they just told me they had no positions available or whatever after looking at my CV.

Why go through the hassle of a pointless interview just because you're trying to hide something from them that they'll find out anyway?

• Advertisement
Advertisement