Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Detective games for Xbox 360?

• 20-05-2011 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Following the release of LA Noire, could anyone recommend any detective/problem-solving games on the xbox 360?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Following the release of LA Noire, could anyone recommend any detective/problem-solving games on the xbox 360?

Dunno know of any disc release prolly a few in marketplace.

Ask on xbox forum

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Why not just buy LA Noire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

There was one released recently enough called Gray Matter. Played the demo and it isn't my cup of tea but might be worth a look if you are in to them. Plays like and reminded me a bit of the older Gabriel Knight games, but I just couldn't justify a purchase of it at full price. Might have come down a bit since then.

EDIT: Just checked google, it was made by the same creator of the Gabriel Knight series, Jane Jensen. Explains the similarities :D

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

krudler wrote: »
    Why not just buy LA Noire?

I Have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Condemned 2 has some detective work moments - but they are few and far between - hardly the main reason to buy the game.

"Problem-solving" makes me think more along the lines of Braid and, though I've only played the demo, Limbo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

3 csi games out , nothing like la noire in terms of the era etc, and only average at best.

Thanks for al yer responses lads, I've been doing a bit of google-ing myself... Anyone played alan wake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Thanks for al yer responses lads, I've been doing a bit of google-ing myself... Anyone played alan wake?

Yes, more Twin Peaks style horror , it's a good game. you could get it for about €15 these days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,697 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's always Deadly Premonition. Bad gameplay but fantastic narrative and characters and a lot more compelling than Alan Wake. It's not for everyone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,379 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Not being smart but if you like detective games could you not go and investigate yourself and find out if any other games exist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,282 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Alan Wake is a giant yawnfest. I couldn't bring myself to finish that game it was so boring. Deadly Premonition is definitely where it's at :)

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Another vote for Deadly Premonition.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Deadly Premonition +1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

murpho999 wrote: »
    Not being smart but if you like detective games could you not go and investigate yourself and find out if any other games exist?

Eh actually you are being smart.

Amusing but smart none the less.

murpho999 wrote: »

Hence what Im doing here, getting reports from P.O.I

Hence what Im doing here, getting reports from P.O.I
    *taps shoulder*
    This is a clever one Zach.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

There's Sherlock Holmes games on the 360. Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper is surprisingly deep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Definately Deadly Premonition.
    The game is absolutely mental but the best investigative game iv ever played.
    "Isn't that right Zach"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,697 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Alan Wake is what you get when you take the worst parts of Silent Hill and Max Payne and put them together.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Alan Wake is what you get when you take the worst parts of Silent Hill and Max Payne and put them together.
    No...
    The worst part of Silent Hill is its combat, in Alan Wake the combat is good, but with a poor amount of enemy types making for a lot of repetition.
    The worst part of Max Payne... the linearity? Some of the dialogue? Which I'll give you, especially Alice.

• Advertisement

*taps shoulder*
    This is a clever one Zach.
    Definately Deadly Premonition.
    The game is absolutely mental but the best investigative game iv ever played.
    "Isn't that right Zach"

Zach??

This guy asks too many questions, don't you think so Zach?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    This guy asks too many questions, don't you think so Zach?

So says Mr. Stewart.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

aaaahhhh deadly premonition inside joke. Okay, so how come this is only on PS3 in Japan and can't get it in Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

seemingly it is called Red Seed Profile in Japan and is in English

here's a copy on Ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Deadly-Premonition-Red-Seeds-Profile-PS3-/180670158253?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item2a10c7d5ad

Advertisement