Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a small plant/flower that ONLY grows for one season/summer?

• 29-04-2009 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi
    this may seem like a strange request!!!
    Are there any plants/ flowers that only grow for one season and dont grow again....

I know roses/fuschias etc grow every year..... I just want a flower for now..... and not to come back next year.....

I know probably a strange request, have my personal reasons.....

Know absolutely nothing about flowers......

MG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Plenty of choices but a particularly attractive group is Chrysanthemums. Usually die with onset of frost otherwise they are a reliable performer throughout the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

Frost-prone annuals is what you are looking for.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The summer bedding plants will be arriving into garden centres and Woodies, B&Q etc around now. Most of those will die off in the cold weather. You can buy trays of them quite cheaply.
    Look for non-hardy annuals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Ellechim

The most popular ones you will pick up in the large supermarkts and particularly look out for Bizzie lizzies, pansies and violas, Lobelia, petunia, marigolds.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Meathgirl

Thanks guys......n gals....

• Advertisement
Advertisement