Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Title Vs Money

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I do believe that "if you enjoy your job you will never work a day in your life"! I don't get paid well but I hav a Job in the industry I studied in (something alot of people can't say) I am getting more responsibilities and the potential to grow! Realistically as long as you are happy amd you have reasonable quality of life that is all that should matter!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

That's it. When your work and your play become the same thing you know you've succeeded at life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

fat__tony wrote: »
    How the **** would a builder earn lots of money in this day and age?

Do you mind explaining how the hell a tesco employee would earn anything near a teacher would? Its an unskilled position FFS.

What a crock of **** of a thread.

Tesco Trainee Managers start at around €25K per year.
    Tesco Store Managers earn between €40K and €120K per year.

There are still some builders out there earning decent money - not many, but they are out there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I don't care about either, so long as I can live comfortably on my salary and I don't absolutely hate my job then I'm happy. Until of course I'm debt free, at which point I'll move to the Caribbean to live in a hut and live on fish I catch myself.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

18AD wrote: »
    I will be a Doctor one day. And when that day comes I am going to take the absolute piss.
    Did he call me Len again? You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭tfromkerry

surely it must be title as its pride that take.s it place , money can be made and spent by every one , but only certain people can do certain jobs

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

if you have enough money you can buy titles, unless you're Mohamed Al-Fayed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

investment wrote: »
    which do you find more important....?

I know a few guys who make lots of money even though they dont have a great career title .... Tesco employee, builder, gardener etc

And I know a few guys who dont make much money but have a good career title eg Accountant, Teacher, Nurse etc

It would have to be the title for me..money comes and goes but a title earns you straight up respect

are you serious ???
    nobody respects a title anymore its not the 40s you know

im a Fitter , basically a mechanic for industial machinery , im lucky that i actually like my job and the pay is very good i have no stress, when i finish work i get no calls at home , , i have a nice house and a nice car , i have money to spare to go on holidays or do what i want (i know im one lucky bollix )

2 of my mates are engineers one on about 26k a year the oher on 35k , they are stressed to the hilt and hate their jobs, they are expected to work back for free for up to 20 hours a week if the work needs to be done .
    my sister did a PHD and works in a Lab shes on 38k a year , she likes it so thats great

now thay have title and a decent pay check, but im on more than twice what any of them are on , why would you choose title (that nobody other than you gives a toss about) over a job you like and money :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

are you serious ???
    nobody respects a title anymore its not the 40s you know

im a Fitter , basically a mechanic for industial machinery , im lucky that i actually like my job and the pay is very good i have no stress, when i finish work i get no calls at home , , i have a nice house and a nice car , i have money to spare to go on holidays or do what i want (i know im one lucky bollix )

2 of my mates are engineers one on about 26k a year the oher on 35k , they are stressed to the hilt and hate their jobs, they are expected to work back for free for up to 20 hours a week if the work needs to be done .
    my sister did a PHD and works in a Lab shes on 38k a year , she likes it so thats great

now thay have title and a decent pay check, but im on more than twice what any of them are on , why would you choose title (that nobody other than you gives a toss about) over a job you like and money :confused:

I am sure he is serious. If you are happy in your job that is great and I am sure we are all happy for you. However there are a good amount of people who strive to reach their potential in life which may not always be a 9-5 job that you can forget about once you go home.

Our colleges are full of people who study hard to better themselves and their situation. I went back to college and studied for 4 years to get a job at 40% of the wages i had previously and have to say I am happier with my life since I did it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

ah i dont mean it negatively :) i did say its better to have a job you enjoy than a title , i too went back to college for years and years and i now have a degree in manufacturing technology and a seperate degree in Electrical Technology aswell as a few other diplomas and certs, if you had said to me at 17 that id have 2 degrees id have laughed i hated school but now i enjoy learning what i want to learn instead of what i was forced to learn in school

i wasnt slagging anyone for going after their dreams , id heavily promote it:cool:
    id rather see my friends and family in a poor paying low titled job they love, than a high payed executive job they hate. thats all i ment :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

ah i dont mean it negatively :) i did say its better to have a job you enjoy than a title , i too went back to college for years and years and i now have a degree in manufacturing technology and a seperate degree in Electrical Technology aswell as a few other diplomas and certs, if you had said to me at 17 that id have 2 degrees id have laughed i hated school but now i enjoy learning what i want to learn instead of what i was forced to learn in school

i wasnt slagging anyone for going after their dreams , id heavily promote it:cool:
    id rather see my friends and family in a poor paying low titled job they love, than a high payed executive job they hate. thats all i ment :)

Even though you're a spanner and a bit of a monkey your post made sense

Advertisement