Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shopping center ferrybank???

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Smile12 wrote: »
    how do you find out what shops are goin to be in it.. so you can apply beforehand?

No idea, bar keeping an eye in local newspapers I guess. I was unaware of any shops going into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

There's no point having dunnes anyway to be honest. Id much rather Marks and spencers or a other store that is popular.

But marks and spencers is getting unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

RobitTV wrote: »
    There's no point having dunnes anyway to be honest. Id much rather Marks and spencers or a other store that is popular.

But marks and spencers is getting unlikely

Didnt think M&S were ever even on the table :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Why are people even talking about M&S?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kina

An Entertainments/ Leisure facility there would be great. Like a cinema, a food court, bowling, a gym facility.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Did you hear the one about the Three bears? Once upon a time there was Three bears Daddy bear Mammy bear........ Not going to happen in
    the next five if not ten years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭BBM77

Jesus, I can’t believe anybody thinks this place is going to open. As has been said before it is financially unviable not to mention the fact that it was built on the assumption that the population in the Ferrybank suburb was going to grow to 10 to 15 thousand. Dunnes does not want to open in there and M&S are at the wrong end of the market for Ferrybank.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

i think its going to be a lovely great library in a massive building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I hear golden discs are taking over the whole building.

A very large shop selling a huge range of albino elephants is also rumoured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

It's going to be a giant joke shop, selling pictures of the clowns that gave it the thumbs up.

http://www.daft.ie/searchcommercial.daft?id=113024

Would someone buy this even at such a knockdown price with the threat of the Ferrybank centre hanging over it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

No, but that would be nothing to do with Ferrybank. I think we both know that nothing is going to happen to that in our lifetime...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

wellboytoo wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/searchcommercial.daft?id=113024

Would someone buy this even at such a knockdown price with the threat of the Ferrybank centre hanging over it?

€575K to buy 54,000 sq ft and probably open to offers about €10 per sq ft. According to earlier posts a 1,000 sq ft unit was supposed to rent for roughly €50K per annum in the Ferrybank Shopping Centre.

That is what you call recalibrating expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

I was over in a place next door to this pink elephant that is doing a lot more business, the graveyard. You'll never hear Johnny Thomson complain his business is dying.

No, but that would be nothing to do with Ferrybank. I think we both know that nothing is going to happen to that in our lifetime...

You mean nothing is going to happen to either!

Advertisement