Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting days - Swap - Meet ups.

• 09-02-2012 2:02pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Every so often whether its a newbie or just a few Boards members wanting to meet up a thread gets posted by someone looking for shooting.

These can vary between someone looking for a shooting buddy, to someone looking for a "swap day". When they look to shoot elsewhere in return for a days shooting on their permissions.

These threads/post often take the form of an advert in the For Sale/Wanted section or a thread in the hunting section, and as a result they often do not get replies or can be lost in the forum.

To "centralise" this swapping of shooting days/permissions we (mods) though it would be best to have a dedicated sticky where people can post what it is they are looking for and see if anyone else is already looking for the same thing.

As this will be a trial run we will not have drop down menus as in the for sale section, but to keep things simple, safe, and above board there will be a few rules.
    • Boards.ie, and by association the mods, are not the police, and are not responsible for events/days/actions outside of the forum/site. We are providing you with the platform to arrange these days (because it is already happening on the forum), but accept no responsibility for how the day is planned, goes, is good or bad, etc. So in other words do your homework. Know who you are meeting. Meet in a public place if it's someone you don't know.
    • All posters must give the exact details of what it is they are looking for. As in no randomn "want to shoot" posts. Include what you are after and the the type of firearm you wish to use.
    • All posters will keep private contact info between themselves via the PM system. This means no sharing of phone numbers, e-mails, landlines, addresses, permission areas/addresses on the open forum.
    • All agreements between posters must include all details to one another. So no nick names, "handles", etc. You supply your full name and address to the person responding to your post (oce ye have agreed on a day, time, etc), and they do like wise.
    • There is to be no chit chat or after day reports on this thread. If you meet up with a few lad, and enjoy a days shooting then go on and start your own thread in the hunting section. Any posts not responding to or asking about a day will be removed. No notifications will be forthcoming.
    • Mark your post clearly. As we do not have the same drop down menu as in the for sale section there is a title bar at the top of every post you make. Use this to title/name the post. So if you are saying you want to invite some people to shoot your permission(s) you wirte "Wanted: Shooting in Laois/Offaly/Kilkenny, etc". or "Offered: Shooting in Laois/Offaly/Kilkenny, etc" Then write the post as normal in the dialogue box.
    • If you post offering a day there is NO guarantee that the person that answers will respond in kind. So if you post offering a day be under no illusions that the person is obliged to offer a day in return. They are not. This is a free service between members, and the mods will not interfere if you give a day out, but do not receive one in return.
    • If you plan a day with someone either make the day or give plenty of notice of your intention to NOT attend. Do not make arrangements to meet someone then not turn up. It's unfair, and will lead to the thread being a waste of time as people will not believe or trust those that post on it. Anyone found to be doing this purposely/maliciously will not be allowed to post again.
    • Both parties should/must have firearms & permissions. While there will be no onus to return the offer of a days shooting they must be in a position to do so regardless. This will create an element of safety, and should cut out the "new members" that would seek to abuse this system for nefarious means.
    • No posts from people described above will be permitted. This is not a platform for non shooters seeking a day out for free or for fun. If someone makes contact with you regarding such a day, and you are dubious, nervous, or feel the person has no experience with frearms, and wants to go out for a day for the experience then report the post/PM, and do not provide information about yourself. Also do not start a "war of words". Report anything that concerns you and let the mods deal with it.
    • This thread is NOT an event notification thread. So any organised events such as clay shoots, novice days, pistol comps, etc are to be posted in their respective threads in the appropriate forum. Also commercial days, driven shoots, etc are not for this thread. In other words nothing of a commercial nature.
    • As a free service among members there is to be no "selling" of shooting. So posts advertising your services will be removed. Even if those services are free you will not be allowed to advertise here. This is for the free swopping of a days shooting amongst members.

As said at the top of the thread. This will run for an unspecified amount of time to see how it works. Any issues, problems, abuse of the system, etc will result in what could be a useful tool being shut down. There will be no "leeway" for mistakes. The rules are clear, and laid out above so please read them carefully before posting.

It's for you lads, and ladies so use, and enjoy it.
    ==================================================================================================

I've taken the liberty of adding in a couple of posts by users already looking for this kind of day swop. Due to technical issues i have posted under my name for them.
    ==================================================================================================
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Originally posted by gunisfun on the For Sale/Wanted section. Please respond to gunisfun and not me.

===========================================================================

I am looking for some shooting crow or pigeon. I am really looking for some one to bring me out and show me the ropes as no one in my family or friends do it.

I'm in the limerick or north Kerry area. I have some shooting for the summer but don't know how to go about it thanks
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

I'm looking for a day to get the hang of shooting and a few tip's, anything from rabbit to pigeon / crows. I've a .22lr and shotgun, NARGC insurance, Target club member, 30 years old, 4x4 Jeep, uCaller, decoys, Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sonofthegun

really good idea we do alot of crop protction pigeon shooting. will try to organise somthing and post it up as soon as life calms down all shooting is over crops here in south tipp not to many lads doing it around here few of the big crop farmers are always willing to give permission as long as place is kept tidy .
    sotg

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭cyberblade 918c

would be interested in a few nights lamping with anyone in and around the Tuam, Co. Galway area or surrounding towns / villages. Have lamps / calls etc but very few permissions.

Great idea for a sticky guys - thanks (",)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 driscoll187

im interested in pigeon shooting in co.wicklow, done a small bit last year, have my own shotgun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭walsh.peter

Interested in Rabbit shooting, in East Cork Area, Have a .22 rifle.
    Thanks
    Peter

forgot to say, i work shift work so could be available afternoon times during the week if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Alan 1990

Hi Anyone interested in rabbit shooting/vermin control in the Wexford area? One of my permissions has quite a good few rabbits on it compared to other areas. I have a .22 rifle and a shotgun. Would be only using the rifle as I prefair it for hunting.
    Pm if interested cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭davekangoo

i am looking to do a bit of shooting in wicklow and kildare areas
    would anybody be willing to offer me permission
    i have 20 years exp
    rifle shooting (cz17hmr)
    mainly rabbits and the odd fox
    pm me
    i also have insurance
    it would only be weekends early mornings
    just myself and my son

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭davekangoo

Alan 1990 wrote:
    Hi Anyone interested in rabbit shooting/vermin control in the Wexford area? One of my permissions has quite a good few rabbits on it compared to other areas. I have a .22 rifle and a shotgun. Would be only using the rifle as I prefair it for hunting.
    Pm if interested cheers

im interested in your offer what part of wex are you in im in dublin so it would only be 1 early morning a week pm me with details please

• Registered Users Posts: 26 neeko

Hi Lads

Currently have a small area of permission in Wexford but it doesn't afford me much opportunity to do a whole lot of shooting.

I'm really looking for a few spots around Waterford (I'm in Kilcohan myself) to do some rabbit shooting. Have a .22LR and IFA Countryside insurance.

Any offers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭garyc007

Hi lads,

Il be organising a few beats around my way shortly and maybe some lamping and anyone interested can pm me. I intend to buy some pheasants shortly and i dont want the foxes going with them on me.

Also id be interested in doing a bit of decoying pigeons if anyones offering?

Cheers

Gary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

Looking for vermin control,small game hunting in the midlands near kinnegad/mullingar.
    Have insurance and member of gunclub.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭German pointer

really good idea we do alot of crop protction pigeon shooting. will try to organise somthing and post it up as soon as life calms down all shooting is over crops here in south tipp not to many lads doing it around here few of the big crop farmers are always willing to give permission as long as place is kept tidy .
    sotg

I would be interested in that. I have side by side and NARGC membership insurance and your are not too far down the road from me, let me have the details when you have them please:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I would travel for good land for rabbits and crows

<MOD NOTE>

Posts 15, 16, 17, & 18 moved from original thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭TriggerPL

Well if your willing to travel to Longford I can bring you out on ground that I have permissing for rabbits , and not far from there there is a place I go to shoot roosting crows , I'd like to see the hawks in action .

Il pm you thanks a mill
    Yah there's nothing like seen a hawk on rabbit crow and pheasant hopin she'll nail a hare one day

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭beretta391

count me in too, that be savage.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 scruffy m

Interested in Rabbit shooting, in East Cork Area, Have a .22 rifle.
    Thanks
    Peter

forgot to say, i work shift work so could be available afternoon times during the week if that helps
    hi looking to get into pigeon shooting in the cork/tipp area i am nargc member have my own guns can go anay weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mick.09

Alan 1990 wrote: »
    Pm if interested cheers.
    Pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Davin123

Looking for anything in or around cavan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭German pointer

Just to let everybody know that Kildare.17hmr and myself had a good hunt last night on the Swop-meet ups

Il be hunting my Harris hawk after rabbits crows and possibly hare if anyone has land and would like to enjoy a days hunting with a hawk I'd be more than happy to go out
    I can also bring my ferret if there's good ditches and u can see the ferret and hawk work together it's pretty amazin to see
    She is moulting at moment so should be ready for late August early september
    pm me if u want to get in contact and who knows u may want ur own bird after u see her hunt
    I know some have asked and I will contact u soon
    atb Aaron

hi all, looking to do some foxing if anyone would let me tag along with them. ive a .223 just no fox really where i am.
    im based in wexford.
    thanks in advance.
    alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭aurin07

How's it going.

Just moved to Athlone following a new job..

Want to get permissions to go out for a ramble with the shotty/.22

Have full insurance and all that.. just want to start knocking crows and bunnys on a regular basis again.Cabin fever is killing me up here..

Any good places to ask or better still anyone want to share :p:p

'hdz

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AL 555

Looking for anything in the Dublin/Wicklow/Kildare areas mainly pigeon shooting during the summer and also looking for someone to help me set up the scope on my .22lr for rabbit shooting as no matter how hard I try I can't do it so it's just sitting here getting no use.

AL 555 wrote: »
    Looking for anything in the Dublin/Wicklow/Kildare areas mainly pigeon shooting during the summer and also looking for someone to help me set up the scope on my .22lr for rabbit shooting as no matter how hard I try I can't do it so it's just sitting here getting no use.

Hi, sent you a reply a while back must have gotten deleted, a well.
    If you'd travel to Wexford id take you out for some rabbits and we can try sort your scope out too. Pm me if your interested

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AL 555

Alan 1990 wrote: »
    Hi, sent you a reply a while back must have gotten deleted, a well.
    If you'd travel to Wexford id take you out for some rabbits and we can try sort your scope out too. Pm me if your interested

All my PM's are still in my inbox from the last 2/3 months and don't see anything from yourself but I have sent you a PM.. Cheers AL.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 paddybongo

Looking for vermin control,small game hunting all ereas considerd,we use a .22 and .17 rifels and both are silenced.
    Please PM me if interested.:cool:

• Subscribers Posts: 331 ✭✭noeleire

Hi I looking to do a bit of rabbit shooting it will be my first time shooting rabbits would try and shoot with somebody with experience I live in bray Wicklow I have a 22. Cz and have insurance hope some body can help thanks all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭dicky82

I am looking for some ferreting permissions in dublin, wicklow, meath or kildare.

I have full insurance and can provide references from the other farmers/greens keepers/allotment managers that i currently ferret for.

i will not damage any land or crop and it's just me and one hunting buddy.
    i do not use a running dog or shotgun. rabbit's will be caught in nets. i can offer oven ready rabbits for landowners.

please pm me for contact details and we can have a chat.

thanks for looking.
    Dave.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement