Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radeon 4800 HD - DVI to HDMI cable connecting to my LCD TV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Yes, it will carry audio and video

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭jeff lebowski

Are you 100% sure? I presumed it would work fine but was only asking as I found this: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1029603#EnablingHDMIAudio

Haven't connected the PC to the tele before so not 100% on the whole thing.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I bought one of these off komplett, and no it did not carry sound unfortunately. What did work though that was with an older graphics card(hd2400 pro, so i don't know if sound over hdmi is even supported). Have a 4870 now, and still have the cable so if you want i can try it out this evening for you?

Yeah, if you could try that out for me I'd appreciate it, thanks :). The solution on that other forum (from the link above) said you connect a normal HDMI cable to an adapter that goes in your DVI slot.....but that seems just the same as a DVI to HDMI cable, only with an extra middleman if you will?

There is no mention of audio in the description. I bought a hdmi cable a while back when i got a HD4670, but can't remember testing the other cable on it! I am sure i must have had a valid reason for getting the new cable!

Did you get a HDMI-DVI adaptor with the card?

I'll check when i get home, but it will probably be after 7-8 o clock.

• Advertisement

Any luck?

Totally forgot to reply back! I tried it earlier, the dvi to hdmi cable doesnt transmit the sound! i also tried the hdmi to dvi connector + hdmi cable and that works fine.

Hope this helps:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

you need the ATI HDMI connector a normal one wont work.

google it tis fairly cheap.

There may be one in the box that the card came in. mine had one.

I would give you mine but do use it occasionally :(

Cheers lads. I just dug around the box with all my driver discs and odds and ends that came with the PC and hidden in there I found the ATI HDMI - DVI adapter. I'll just get a normal cable now and that'll be it sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement