Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Journey

• 12-07-2011 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Has anyone played this yet? I'm downloading the BETA now, looking forward to seeing what it is like. From what little I've seen it looks good. I was a big fan of Flower.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Is it on the Store? Seen a few videos and it looks amazing

For those that have never heard of it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Is it on the Store?

I just got an e-mail today with a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I just got an e-mail today with a code.

Never been as jealous before as I am right now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

This game looks fantastic. Day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Who did you get the code from?

Looks good , how much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Looks brilliant, guessing you got the code because of flower. Lucky you.
    Journey is the next exclusive PlayStation 3 title from the talented folks over at thatgamecompany. With Journey, they're trying something different with the online component as there is no way to chat, no matchmaking and you won't even see PSN IDs. You are limited in the way you can communicate with other players you come across in your adventure and it's totally up to you if you even want to work with others.

It's an odd concept, but it's one you yourself can check out by grabbing a beta code right here (North America only). This beta is extremely limited and the only other way you can get in is through the PlayStation Blog and PlayStation Plus subscribers who were one of the earliest adopters of thatgamecompany's first game, Flower.

The beta runs through July 12 giving you plenty of time to experience the game that easily blew my mind when I played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Jet Black wrote: »
    Looks brilliant, guessing you got the code because of flower. Lucky you.

I say that is right. I bought Flower the first day it came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just looked at my download list, I bought flower on the day it came out (12th Feb 2009) and I didn't get a beta invite. Didn't get one for infamous 2 either when I should have, not happy. I have email notifications on as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Played through the beta, its brilliant but has anyone got any idea what its about ?

Love sliding down the side of the dunes.

WTF is going on? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Was actually really excited when I remembered this was out today.

Then I discovered it was a week exclusive to PS Plus subscribers.

Dear Sony: I hate you.

Just finished it, wow amazing game. Don't think game is the best way to describe it though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I'll have to wait another week but will be getting it. Avoiding all videos,reviews and pictures until then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I want this game so ****ing bad, might go to PSN+ to get it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Downloaded this morning. Today dragged by. Might have been the LONGEST day of the year so far. Should have taken the day off work. Only one hour to go, though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

How much will it be without PSN+ ?

Daemos wrote: »
    How much will it be without PSN+ ?

It's the same price. PSN+ got it yesterday. Everyone else gets it next week.

...and how much is that? :o No access to a PS3 right now

...and how much is that? :o No access to a PS3 right now

€12.99. Premium PSN price...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Just finished this game, unfortunately it only took 1 hour 35 mins.

On the plus side... WOW, fantastic 'Journey'!

First 20 mins I hadn't a clue what I was doing!

The soundtrack is absolutely excellent, must try and get it.

Graphics are excellent too.

Most of all it's just one of those gaming experiences you don't come by too often, very very enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's the gaming equivalent of just putting on a relaxing tune and letting yourself drift away. The graphics, the music, the sheer bliss of the game... it's just an essential download.

Simply Fantastic

I know it's by the same people who did Flower so isn't a game in the traditional sense, but it seems an awful lot of money for not much gameplay. I think I'd rather go back and finish Flower [if I can get unstuck from where I stopped last time] and wait for this when it's in a sale

I know it's by the same people who did Flower so isn't a game in the traditional sense, but it seems an awful lot of money for not much gameplay. I think I'd rather go back and finish Flower [if I can get unstuck from where I stopped last time] and wait for this when it's in a sale

Quality over quantity

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Just..................wow

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Everyone with a PSN+ account is banned until next week.

Our playstation mod doesn't even have a plus account? For shame

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

I just want to comment on the price, while I kind of see that compared to other games 13 euro seems a lot for a short game, I have to say I have payed as much, more including travel, at the cinema that lasted around the same amount of time but were vastly inferior experiences to say the least - though I know it's far from like for like here. Also I can see myself replaying this game several times. Just saying... :)

Everyone with a PSN+ account is banned until next week.

Boooooooooooooo. Here. Use my account for a few days. I'll be away for the weekend.

PSN ID : ******
    Password : password123

Ninja Edit : Whoa!!! Who'd have thunk that my PSNID would be censored?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I wanna play it now :mad:

Advertisement