Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

• 19-12-2011 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Get going with them applications folks!

Gonna have mine sent off tomorrow by trackable post. Can't wait to get back!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

5350 places up for grabs

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Im saying this on behalf of us all...eeeeekkkk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Just waiting for my Garda cert before applying

Unfortunately it'll take a few weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Just waiting for my Garda cert before applying

Unfortunately it'll take a few weeks :(
    I'm in the same boat as yourself

IN fairness, spaces didn't fill up until August last year, so there's absolutely no rush

it'd just be nice to get it ticked off and sent asap

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

Sorry for the newbie question........

but is applying simply a matter of obtaining the Garda clearance cert and filling in the application forms here:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx?view=d

???

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Anyone else having difficulty with the PDF?

I am just getting a PDF saying:

Please wait...
    If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document.
    You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.
    For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/support/products/ acrreader.html.
    Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.

Maybe it's because I'm on a Mac?

jimmybeige wrote: »
    Anyone else having difficulty with the PDF?

I am just getting a PDF saying:

Please wait...
    If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document.
    You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.
    For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/support/products/ acrreader.html.
    Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.

Maybe it's because I'm on a Mac?

I'm on a Mac too, and I'm getting the exact same message

That must be it then. Must try from a PC then I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

On a Mac you have to use Adobe Reader cos preview won't let you fill in the forms.

• Advertisement

Great, that was the issue. Just downloaded Reader and works fine now. Thanks!

Guys when your filling out the work permit form & it ask you to give details of prospective employer, what do I put down? I don't have a prospective employer or anything, do I just put NOT APPLICABLE? Also, I can't fill out the next few questions either, e.g. to give an LMO number....HELP!

Unknown and unknown.

It explains in the step by step guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭orgaz

Wahoooo This is Possibly the best Christmas Present Ever!! Application DONE and IN the post already!!! :D

Best of Luck everyone .....

Are they honestly being serious, give 10 years of your employment history???? They only give 3 boxes. Does that mean I have to print off another like 3 of the same page & just fill in that section?

Hi Ciara

Just attach a seperate word doc to it with the details of your employment history over the lasty ten Years. Better to be safe than sorry :)

orgaz wrote: »
    Hi Ciara

Just attach a seperate word doc to it with the details of your employment history over the lasty ten Years. Better to be safe than sorry :)

I'm 23, I don't have 10years experience of working in the first place haha! and what happens if your working in 2 places at the same time, do I have to indicate that as well? They hardly will know the dates, names of the place I work in already will they? Could you easily lie the dates?

Hey Ciara

If you dont have 10 years work experience they will pretty much know that from your age, so that will be fine :) but I certainly wouldnt lie about anything on your application, just put down any experience you have and im sure that will surfice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Regarding the police certs, does anyone know if the garda cert I used for this years application is less than a year old that it can be used for 2012 application?

orgaz wrote: »
    Hey Ciara

If you dont have 10 years work experience they will pretty much know that from your age, so that will be fine :) but I certainly wouldnt lie about anything on your application, just put down any experience you have and im sure that will surfice.

I know im asking alot of questions but I just want my application form to be perfect and before you ask, yes I am following the step by step quide, its just confusing at times. I'm now on the Family Information form and it says on the guide that if section does not apply to you write N/A, I have no children or spouse etc so do I write N/A in each box for these or by signing and declaring that I have neither in 'note' sections be enough?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tsukimi

Orgaz how long ago did young get your garda clearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tsukimi

And btw....there's no Proof Of Funds form this time around?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

Hi

Just to make sure I have all I need. I have filled out the 3 forms ( 1 online and 2 in written format). I have 2 copies of my passport page, a garda cert, 2 passport photos and my Cv. Is this all I need to have done before sending the application off?

One last thing. On one of the forms, its ask "place you intend to live". Is it ok to leave this section blank?

If this is all, forms will go tomorrow and no need for all the Usit craic.

Appreciate any help

cmac8 wrote: »
    Hi

Just to make sure I have all I need. I have filled out the 3 forms ( 1 online and 2 in written format). I have 2 copies of my passport page, a garda cert, 2 passport photos and my Cv. Is this all I need to have done before sending the application off?

One last thing. On one of the forms, its ask "place you intend to live". Is it ok to leave this section blank?

If this is all, forms will go tomorrow and no need for all the Usit craic.

Appreciate any help

I've done all my forms online, didn't do any of them in written format at all. Do you have do have 2 of them in written format?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

Reading again, it is probably better off doing them all in computer format. Is all the other questions i asked regarding things I need correct?

Also when do you know if your application is accepted?

What is the story with fees? From what I am reading, when your application is accepted, they send you a email and then you forward on payment (around 100 euro)

cmac8 wrote: »
    Reading again, it is probably better off doing them all in computer format. Is all the other questions i asked regarding things I need correct?

Also when do you know if your application is accepted?

What is the story with fees? From what I am reading, when your application is accepted, they send you a email and then you forward on payment (around 100 euro)

Yeh everything else you said is spot on. Yeh apparently they send an email when your visa is approved and in the same email they give details on how to pay the fee!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

Hey, I think you need to fill two of them out online, two of the three have a validate button right? I think you need those barcode pages!

I'm also wondering about the N/A in the kids section, but I reckon it's better to leave as little blank as possible.

Another thing, the form is called application from outside Canada or something along those lines. I'm still in Canada and hoping not to leave at all (except for getting my new work permit in Buffalo!) so I've filled out the form as though I'm back in Ireland, current address in Dublin etc. Is this incorrect? I mean, I know it's technically incorrect, but I don't want to risk them replying saying 'here's a link to the application from inside Canada' and starting the whole process again.. Surely they can't know I'm not back in Dublin right?

And regarding the bank statements and proof of insurance, they aren't sent off with this application right? You just have them with you at the point of entry?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Yup proof of funds is shown at point of entry. You can either prove you have $2500 or else show them a return ticket.

My application is sent off now. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 FoosChic

Anyone know how long you are given in your Letter of Introduction to enter the country?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Sheebs

Hi all,

It states to just say 'International Experience Canada' under employer etc. But what if you do know where you'll be working?

This will be my second year in Canada but first under the IEC.

Should I give details of my employment etc or is that just looking for trouble?

Advertisement