Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Pokemon Black & White reduced to €9.99 each in Argos.

€8.02 profit (plus the 500 Stars) to be made selling one of each to CeX.

Can't seem to find them online or is this just an in store thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

TheStook wrote: »
    Can't seem to find them online or is this just an in store thing?

I don't think they show up if you search for Pokemon. It's the same with their in-store system. If you go to the Video Games page, click on Nintendo DS and then on Nintendo DS games, you should find it there. I picked up White a couple of weeks ago. They didn't have many copies left though. Usually 1 per store with two (counting the one I got) in Stephens Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Pokemon Black & White reduced to €9.99 each in Argos.

€8.02 profit (plus the 500 Stars) to be made selling one of each to CeX.

CeX give €13 for them? Cash or store credit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

kingtut wrote: »
    CeX give €13 for them? Cash or store credit?

for Black it's €13 cash or €17 credit
    for White it's €15 cash or €19 credit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Nice one, great find!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Yep. Just can't afford to keep it up and I'm not playing the stuff as much as I use to and I need funds.
    Still looking to collect for Gamecube and I've kept 90% of that collection and I'm going to focus on Wii and DS to keep the hunger for gaming satisfied.
    I collect books as well and that can be an expensive hobby at times, so one had to go and unfortunately snes and other retro stuff went.
    Maybe I will get back into it, when I've a regular job and I'm finish college. No maybe, I will. So see ye in a few years, well except Cidey of course.

Sound. Maybe I should throw up a link... nah.

Under significant pressure from those clambering for link, I have buckled.
    Here it is:

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/owaynott/m.html?item=151359394390&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Give me your money suckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Nintendo 2DS for £69.99 sterling(or less it seems) from Tesco Direct UK.
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-2ds-4gb-card-69-with-code-possible-64-can-clubcard-boost-tesco-direct-1958202

Might need to use your UK Parcel Motel address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Good price but after getting used to the 3DS XL, don't think I could ever realistically bother with the standard size screens again :o

Any idea what they trade in for at Gamestop? I dont live near Cex.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,391 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Under significant pressure from those clambering for link, I have buckled.
    Here it is:

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/owaynott/m.html?item=151359394390&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Give me your money suckers!

Some really excellent stuff their man! Good luck with Chrono Trigger and Earthbound. Really interested in seeing what Earthbound ends at.

I'd quite like that Super Probotector, still don't have it. Will definitely throw some bids down.

• Advertisement

I stuck up a Famicom Everdrive N8 in the marketplace for a decent price. I got myself a Stone Age Gamer Deluxe N8 for a nice price while looking for a new shell :)

I don't think they show up if you search for Pokemon. It's the same with their in-store system. If you go to the Video Games page, click on Nintendo DS and then on Nintendo DS games, you should find it there. I picked up White a couple of weeks ago. They didn't have many copies left though. Usually 1 per store with two (counting the one I got) in Stephens Green.

My Argos has 10 of them, I reserved all 10 to get tomorrow.

Unfortunately reselling them to Cex or on Adverts is the only way I can fund my tiny game collection atm :(

Is what Im doing considered dirty, out of curiosity? I know everyone hates resellers but are there exceptions?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Unfortunately reselling them to Cex or on Adverts is the only way I can fund my tiny game collection atm :(

Is what Im doing considered dirty, out of curiosity? I know everyone hates resellers but are there exceptions?

This came up here before and things got heated.
    So, honestly, I don't want to see it discussed all over again.

If you and your conscience have no problem with it then fire away.

Let's please leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Knowing Argos though, now that I've bought it the price will go down. I got Dragon Quest VI for €8ish and it's now €6.50, and I got Dragon Quest IX for €6.50 and it has just been lowered to €4.99...

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    This came up here before and things got heated.
    So, honestly, I don't want to see it discussed all over again.

If you and your conscience have no problem with it then fire away.

Let's please leave it at that.

Sorry had no idea, okay thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

Steve SI wrote: »
    I stuck up a Famicom Everdrive N8 in the marketplace for a decent price. I got myself a Stone Age Gamer Deluxe N8 for a nice price while looking for a new shell :)

http://krikzz.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=59

Wow, thats a seriously advanced piece of hardware for the Famicom / NES.

I guess it needs to have a proper FPGA chip to emulate the Famicom Disk System, just like the 1541 Ultimate II.

I wonder if he'll ever do more cost effective verison just for emulating standard Nintendo carts without the bells and whistles.

I also wonder how Krikzz is holding up with the conflict in the Ukraine. :(

waveform wrote: »
    http://krikzz.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=59

Wow, thats a seriously advanced piece of hardware for the Famicom / NES.

I guess it needs to have a proper FPGA chip to emulate the Famicom Disk System, just like the 1541 Ultimate II.

I wonder if he'll ever do more cost effective verison just for emulating standard Nintendo carts without the bells and whistles.

I also wonder how Krikzz is holding up with the conflict in the Ukraine. :(

Yeah its a nice bit of kit. The price is not too bad either really(cost of a few rarish games).

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

just sell em on advert at trade in.....that way someone get a cheap sealed game and cex won't unseal a perfectly good sealed game.

P.s I personally think reselling is the way to go, u want rare stuff cheap u need to buy bulk, and u can't keep all the double .

P.s to mod, not looking to start a fight, just giving my 2cents in a calm fashion.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Has anyone ever had to deal with an order not arriving from play Asia?

I pre ordered a 3DS game back in April/May and it was shipped on the 19th June but there's no sign of it. I know their shipping times are horrendously long but I just have that feeling that it's not going to arrive.

I pre ordered a 3DS game back in April/May and it was shipped on the 19th June but there's no sign of it. I know their shipping times are horrendously long but I just have that feeling that it's not going to arrive.
    Order legend of dragon like 5 years ago took 6 months, atleasy they ****ed up ad sent me 2 copy's.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

2 copies of Legend of Dragoon?
    You poor poor b@stard.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    2 copies of Legend of Dragoon?
    You poor poor b@stard.
    Were sealed NTSC

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've had one order go missing and they sorted me out with another one when I got in touch with them. Their customer service is excellent.

It could be customs have nabbed your order and delaying it. I had a 2 month wait last time an ebay purcahse was caught by customs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Flaregon wrote: »
    Were sealed NTSC

So what you're saying is, the cellophane was worth the price :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've had one order go missing and they sorted me out with another one when I got in touch with them. Their customer service is excellent.

It could be customs have nabbed your order and delaying it. I had a 2 month wait last time an ebay purcahse was caught by customs.

Could be customs alright. They seem to be intercepting a lot of stuff from Asia recently. I'll give it another week and if no sign it'll send them an email.

Could be customs alright. They seem to be intercepting a lot of stuff from Asia recently. I'll give it another week and if no sign it'll send them an email.

Hmm, has anyone asked them if they have that missing plane? :eek:

Too soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Too soon?

28lwaie.jpg

Easy now! Point blank machine on dungdeal.
    Bit rich for my blood atm but probably one of only a handfull of cabs I'd buy. Even if the gaff is full!

Too soon?

Bit mean tbh
    Funny though
    But, yes, too soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Donatron

urbanledge wrote: »
    Easy now! Point blank machine on dungdeal.
    Bit rich for my blood atm but probably one of only a handfull of cabs I'd buy. Even if the gaff is full!

Yeah if I was to get a lightgun cab it'd have to be Point Blank, so much fun and the artwork is class

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement