Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Analytics malware found

• 17-11-2012 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I've been asked to cleanse a PC for someone and I'm stumped.

The initial problem was a dodgy default search provider. I was able to reset this to google but now Avast blocks google and blocks all calls to google-analytics (called on most webpages).

I've run TFC, I had to boot in safe mode to get it to run, it just kept hanging in normal mode.

I've then scanned with Avast, Malware Bytes and Super Anti-Spyware. Both come up clean bar removing a few cookies.

I've tried running windows update but it's just hanging.

DDS logs are attached, any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

Google analytics is a tracking method used by sites, so its not malware. You are going to have to configure avast to stop blocking it then I'd imagine you should be able to use Google again

Install an extension like Ghostery to remove google analytics on sites

http://www.ghostery.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Thanks but I don't think that's the issue. I've added google as an exception in Avast and now it's just timing out.

I can't imagine Avast would block google by default.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

lets do one more scan, you can post these logs not attach them

Download OTL to your Desktop
    • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
    • Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
    • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files here

Advertisement