Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WCFE waterford application

• 28-05-2012 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

I applied for computer and networking in Waterford college of further education does anyone know when I might get word back about the course.

Thanks for any information anyone can give me

Deisedave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Late June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

End of June. I applied last year but was unable to make the interview I received a letter a few weeks later telling me "On recent completion of the interview they were now offering me the course" haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

End of June. I applied last year but was unable to make the interview I received a letter a few weeks later telling me "On recent completion of the interview they were now offering me the course" haha

What course you apply for last year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

How much does it cost to do that course ? I probably like to join that course in the near future..

How much does it cost to do that course ? I probably like to join that course in the near future..

Not quite sure I think about 500 euro but I could be wrong.

• Advertisement

€270 plus a small amount for books/equipment (the website says €100 but not likely to be near that). http://www.wcfe.ie/jcms/full-time-courses/41-computing/80-computer-and-network-maintenance.html You are very unlikely to get onto this course until September 2013 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

deisedave wrote: »
    What course you apply for last year ?

Sound Engineering and Music Technology

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

I just finished that course you need to buy one book + some tools worth €20 and thats it. Im selling the book so hit me up in September if you want. Teachers were all sound out and I had a great laugh for the year. You will enjoy the course and especially the practical stuff

Doylers wrote: »
    I just finished that course you need to buy one book + some tools worth €20 and thats it. Im selling the book so hit me up in September if you want. Teachers were all sound out and I had a great laugh for the year. You will enjoy the course and especially the practical stuff

Yeah I was first on the waiting list last year, just got to pray that I manage to get in this year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Barnet

Yeah I was first on the waiting list last year, just got to pray that I manage to get in this year ;)

Hi desidave,

My son received his letter of offer today from WCFE (different course to yours); hope you heard today also and managed to get a place this year. My son is thrilled as it was his first choice! :)

• Advertisement

Barnet wrote: »
    Hi desidave,

My son received his letter of offer today from WCFE (different course to yours); hope you heard today also and managed to get a place this year. My son is thrilled as it was his first choice! :)
    Yeah, Thank god I got in this year as well. I cant wait to start in September now finally a break from worrying about trying to get a job, I can study now and hopefully find something with some new skills.

Congratulations DD, suggest you get out and look for some work experience, there will be loads of people looking as the summer wears on, look for something now.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Barnet

Yeah, Thank god I got in this year as well. I cant wait to start in September now finally a break from worrying about trying to get a job, I can study now and hopefully find something with some new skills.

Well done Deisedave, you can breath a sigh of relief now and start concentrating on the coming year and learning new skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭alainnbeauty

congrats on getting in :)

anybody have word on first year hairdressing? have heard nothing yet getting panicked now because i didn't apply anywhere else and the tutors told me 300 people applied with 60 people been offered places .

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭alan27

congrats on getting in :)

anybody have word on first year hairdressing? have heard nothing yet getting panicked now because i didn't apply anywhere else and the tutors told me 300 people applied with 60 people been offered places .

The hairdressing is always popular, but they also do great evening courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Anybody know if they will accept any more applications for nursing? I realize its an extremely popular course with towards 100 people (maybe more) applying for it. But I applied for it anyway when they re-opened applications 3 or so weeks ago. Still have a little bit of hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭alan27

I hear from a friend that the WCFE is well worth a look and has alot of excellent equipment and there is a qualified fitness insrtuctor on hand at all times and only €10 for membership, with a free gym programme. Sounds like its after improving alot since I was there, anyone a member?

Advertisement