Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the naughtiest thing your pet has ever done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

gcgirl wrote: »
    My dog kenny ate the ham I had cooked to have with cabbage I sliced it up and thought it was safe then one of the kids asked me to do something and then got back and he had eating everything he took one look at me and ran in to the kids room and got in to his hiding spot under the 6 yr olds bed
    Mittens our cat decided to pee on my bed, noticed at 4 in the morning after the Super Bowl striped the bed and had a crummy little single duvet to sleep under

ah yes the bed. i put fresh sheets on the beds christmas eve, went to go to bed about half eleven and the dog had done one massive pee on the bed, went right thru the duvet, which had to be slung (didn't fit in washing machine) so i was under a puny single duvet for days over christmas :( was NOT happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

hdowney wrote: »
    ah yes the bed. i put fresh sheets on the beds christmas eve, went to go to bed about half eleven and the dog had done one massive pee on the bed, went right thru the duvet, which had to be slung (didn't fit in washing machine) so i was under a puny single duvet for days over christmas :( was NOT happy

Me too and also nice fresh bed clothes, my cat pee'd on the duvet late on christmas eve, only found it at about half 11 and had presents and everything yet to wrap. Was not happy to say the least that I went away for 2-3 hours and he hadn't let her into the kitchen to pee. At least I had a single duvet to sleep under, I'v been in a sleeping bag for a few weeks before because of her. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Soak + take to launderette?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Brothers former Alsatian ate the saddle off his prised Honda 350 motorcycle, the base was all that remained on the bike with about a hundred pieces of foam scattered all over the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

pulled my mothers birthday present off the table...gorgeous new pair of black suede boots packed up in their box...managed to pull them out of the packaging and proceeded to eat the heel off one boot and chew the toe clean off the other!:eek:

I can laugh at it now but man was I ripping at the time! What a pathetic excuse..."eh, sorry mam but the dogs ATE your present!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Victor wrote: »

Well in my case it's cheaper to buy a new duvet than bring it to a launderette. I have cut up duvets and sewed on a new piece to replace the pee'd on piece before though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

A few years back on a Sunday morning my mother takes out a big lump of ham and our usual well behaved pit bull is just sitting there looking around. My old dear turned her back for 5 seconds and we hear the plate smashing, we turn around and the dog is just sitting there looking at us and of course he was next to the ham. We look at the ham and there is puncture holes all over it.. Needless to say we went out for dinner that Sunday and the hound got the ham!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Victor wrote: »
    Zapperzy wrote: »
    Well in my case it's cheaper to buy a new duvet than bring it to a launderette. I have cut up duvets and sewed on a new piece to replace the pee'd on piece before though.

yea round here buying a new duvet is cheaper than taking it to the laundrette too.

also victor, this was 11.30pm christmas eve, and the laundrette was closed til new year. thing would have stunk the place out by then, either of pee or stagnant water :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭gud4u

magentas wrote: »
    pulled my mothers birthday present off the table...gorgeous new pair of black suede boots packed up in their box...managed to pull them out of the packaging and proceeded to eat the heel off one boot and chew the toe clean off the other!:eek:

I can laugh at it now but man was I ripping at the time! What a pathetic excuse..."eh, sorry mam but the dogs ATE your present!"

:D:D:D

My dog was sick(but i didn't know) and couldn't hold it in over night, she is so good she didn't want to splatter downstairs, so she sneaked upstairs, where they normally never venture, opened the spare room door and pooped diarea all over our wedding gifts. Then slept on my wedding dress, at least it was in a protective bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

My boxer up until about a year ago was a terror for chewing anything she could find. She is now 7 (took 7 years for the message to finally get through). The worst she has done..... I have lots of choice here, but I came home one day and noticed a damp puddle by the oil tank in the back garden... she had pierced the pipe that goes from the tank into the ground a number of times and my oil was spilling out into the garden. Another incident is she ate one of the centre slats of my wooden blind in my sitting room. But hey I love her anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I was having friends for dinner one night and I had the starters on the tray in the kitchen ready to go into the oven. Everyone got drinks etc and I went into the kitchen to find 5 starters and not 6!! The dog had knicked one but not only that he had taken one from the back of the tray thereby leaning over the rest of them to get it - and they were all the same!! :confused:

Needless to say I cooked and served them but didnt have one myself!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

My cat hated it when I went away on holiday.

He used to make his point by puking by the bed. You know, just where you place your foot ready to get in!

Once, the little treasure managed to pull the duvet to one side, throw up and place it back! I had to strip the bed, wash the (stinking) mattress, and find somewhere else to sleep. All after the journey from hell where I'd been delayed 8 hours on my flight.

God knows how he did that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭addob

Not my pet - althought I have loads of perfect stories about him! But this thread reminded me of a visit to the company owner's for dinner a number of years ago.

It was a fancy night and a big deal with a sit down dinner in their great big dinining room which sat 14 people.

Anyhow I went into the room first to find the family dog lapping the soup out of a bowl, didn't have the guts to say anything, just made sure I didn't sit there.

But the sight of it at the time and the memory since has been priceless!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My Darling doggy destroyed my bedroom, ripped wallpaper off the wall, chewed through dry lining, chewed 2 legs off the bed, as pee'd and got sick on many a duvet, but all he has to do is show me his brown eyes and all is forgiven :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

I've a boxer and his first year was an ongoing saga of naughtiness, highlights of which included about 3 or 4 shredded duvets, a chewed up bluetooth headset, the demise of numerous pairs of slippers etc.

But by far the worst thing he did was turn on the tap in the kitchen one day when I was out, flooding the kitchen. I came back to about 3 inches of water on the floor, only for the fact that there is a slope on our kitchen floor, the whole house would have been drowned.

That was the day I ordered the crate! :D

Happily now, two years later, he is a reformed character and can be left to his own devices when I am out.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

There has been a lot. The worst of it all was when one of them took a **** in the dishwasher. I had the door down and she obviously did it on the door, I didnt notice so i just flicked up the door before going to bed. I didnt discover it until two days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Went out for the night leaving Gussie in the care of my parents. When they weren't looking he snuck into the kitchen and tried to devour half a dozen eggs, he only managed to eat 2 luckily!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

my cat stayed in one day when i went out and i stupidly forgot to leave the door to where the litter was open

came home and noticed as i walked by the bathroom there was a definitely non-human poo smell wafting out

went in and found a poo perfectly placed in the plughole of the bath...it looked like a brown 99!

i think poor puss thought it would go down...at least he was trying to be discreet :p

i guess not really naughty but definitely funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jjjade

my mam has a scottie, and she eats everything. she is black and her teeth are snow white (have to say this for story purpose), so one day her teeth were orange and mam and dad thaught she was sick or somethin, until my sister screams and runs down the stairs with what is left of a bottle of tan that was attacked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kassilights

When I was a kid we had two dogs and one of them Sandy was a bit of a piggy, also overweight!!
    My mum left a leg of lamb defrosting in the sink and while she left the kitchen Sandy crept in.
    As mum walked back in she saw Sandy with the leg of lamb in her mouth and shouted. :eek:
    Sandy legged it out of the back door..with the leg of lamb in her mouth but there was a high square four legged stool in her way. Well Sandy ran through the stool but because she was overweight it got stuck to her but she continued to run up the garden with the lamb in her mouth and the stool stuck to her!! Was so funny :P
    Mum retrieved the lamb washed it, cooked it and gave it to us for our dinner, couldn't afford to waste it!!! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭JustAThought

My skanker was nose down in the bush beside the bin in the park the other day. She kept sniffing frantically & the throwing a quick look over at me so I KNEW zhe was up to something. Called her & she didnt come so i leggid it iver ... The little rip yanked at something when she heard me running & sped off .. With a vile bag of nappies
    She did her trick of tossing it in the air while eating it on the run & then slunk back wagging her tail. There was a FILTHY smell off her & I wouldn't let her near me all day.
    Was v surprised to see it " reappear" out the other end the next day... Was warming up for a vets visit.I spend hours bleaching the skank off my hands and arms :0
    Dirty people.
    Dirty dog :€

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

Just got distracted for a second and the dog has licked the top off my dinner. Sad thing is I'm going to eat it anyway:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Lpfsox wrote: »
    When we first got Rodney he chewed a hole in the kitchen wall (yes, the wall - through the plaster and down into the brick), stolen socks, eaten speaker wire which I'd run under floorboards - he helpfully chewed and ate the only piece visible so the whole lot had to be redone, was a master counter-surfer and managed to snaffle the whole Christmas ham AND a whole turkey crown, including tin-foil which were left to rest before carving and has ruined countless remote controls by peeing on them.

Thankfully after training the worst he gets up to these days is opening the doors, climbing up on the windowledge and sitting in the window like a huge cat waving at passers by. He's a 22kg border collie and leaves snot marks all over the glass...

I love this thread! What did you do for xmas dinner?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yellowcrayon

My German Shepherd has managed to eat the whole way through the wall in the kitchen and has actually reached concrete .. in a rented house :eek:
    He devour toys we buy him; doesnt play with them, just destructs them.
    When he was a puppy he went thru a terrible stage of poopin under the kitchen table.. we'd only discover when we were half way thru our breakfast and would stretch our legs and have ourselves covered in sh1t.
    He also loves stealin any bit of food around, whether its in our hands/mouth or on the plate.
    My bunnies Lola and Buddy have eaten countless phone and laptop charger, some pretty expensive clothes. They nip at toilet tissue rolls and destroy the bathroom completely.Buddy likes to pee on blankets,just jumps on the couch ,pees on all the blankets, n down he gets again.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

My 3 legged cat killed my neighbours canary. Neighbour came over fffin and blinding about it. I was in the process of laughing it of whilst trying to explain the cat couldn't have done it as it's only 3 legs when the cat walked around the corner with canary feathers hanging from her mouth!

My sisters dog always sleeps beside me when I visit the family home. Due to an illness, I was around a lot when she was younger and everytime I'm home she follows me everywhere and won't leave my side.

But she has an awful thing with bras. The past three times I've been home she's chewed them. I've had to sneak into Dunnes in a baggy jumper at 9 o'clock in the morning with my arms folded to buy an emergency one! If she chewed the strap I could sew it but she goes for the part in the middle in between the two cups and literally chews it in half! :eek:

I'm learning my lesson, but it's hard to remember when you're sleepy!

She's also ate my iPhone, taken socks and shoes off my feet, and loves to rob my mams tights off the radiator!

butter seriously wouldn't melt! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭callmekenneth

wow what a load of terrorists, worst my fella has done is eaten a sliced pan i'd left out. in 2+ years of having him he's hasnt so much as peed inside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Last night I went down to my parents room to get the wash basket, my jack russell Moone followed me down, she follows me everywhere so that's nothing new. She jumped on their bed & lay down flat while wagging her tail like crazy, That's how we know she's in crazy psycho playful mode :D
    So I said Boo! to her, she jumped up, barked, ran around the bed in a circle, tried to smack me with her paws then jumped off and ran as fast as she could to the kitchen. That's when I noticed the huge puddle of pee she had left on their duvet :( shes never done that before! I was kinda laughing at her crazyness so i ran to to get some toilet roll to try wipe it off before it sank it, Moone of course then re-appeared, grabbed the toilet roll and ran! We would have gotten away with it only she decided she was going to "kill" the toilet roll in the hallway and the parents caught us out. I now owe them €30 for dry cleaning XD

"Me? I would never do such a thing"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭TentCrasher

She one year old now and cant be trusted, has ate remotes, phones, cables, washing, but worse of all, chewed pipe off rad and caused water damage.
    Great dog, still love her

Advertisement