Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking365 online makeover thoughts??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dimma02

slow slow slow, please all get onto phone banking and complain, this is so bad it is not funny at this stage!!!!!! was ok late last night, today it is so slow again, what the hell is up with this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dimma02

waiting 1o minutes so far to get through to complain for second day running and its the weekend too,,so managed to get through and usual answers, IT working on except they say its all IT systems today, i said it smells of not enough server space, new day and it falls down as everyone in work checking banking, late in evening ok because noone checking!!! what the hell is up with bank of Ireland!!!!! anyway I am getting sick of ranting about this crappy new site, totally terrible.!!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 24 trying to cram

I have tried to log in a good five times today. When I have put in my password code etc, it starts all over again and I have to log in. What is with big organisations in this country. Forget trying to custom build your own site - it doesnt work - just buy the damn software, it will be tried and tested, so will have to work - it will be cheaper and the company can customise instead. What a waste of money and an inconvenience to the customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

It has made me nostalgic for the days of dial-up internet though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 trying to cram

Heres an idea - but back the old one and you can mess around on your new system behind the scenes for the next five years and then try again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Threads merged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ Landen Shy Reef

How is having to go through three screens instead of one when making a payment an improvement? Or the fact that the payee is displayed instead of the account details. I'm the payee on all my accounts so a drop down list of my name is hardly an improvement if I don't know which account is which.

When I do any of that stuff I see account names. And the quick transfer box makes transfers much easier.
    copacetic wrote: »
    Agreed, it's a bit worrying when someone who does this for a living thinks its an improvement. I'm concerned the designers of BOI site are clapping each other on the back when it's probably cost a fortune and made no real difference except for not being tested properly and frsh look with a poor UI design adding extra screens and drop down menus when previously it worked better. I've been with them since the token days and it's hardly changed in all those years.

The old one wasn't clunky, it just looked clunky, they've made it look nicer but less user friendly. Pretty much the opposite of what the priority should have been.

The old one made no sense. If you actually think back to the process of previous bank transfers, you'll see how unintuitive the navigation and forms used for it were. It just "worked" for you because you had learned where everything was and didn't notice how stupid it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,803 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I just entered my details, correctly, and its told me they are wrong. From experience in the past, I don't want to try again as they are strict about locking you out and its a handling to get a new login.

There used to be a UK and RoI login, now there is no sign of it being separate.

Anyone know if both sets of customers just login on the one now?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 connman

Finally seems to be up and running now. Just did some transfers and they all went throuogh quickly without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

connman wrote: »
    Finally seems to be up and running now. Just did some transfers and they all went throuogh quickly without any problems.

Yes, I had no problems this morning either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,690 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Same here, seems to be running a reasonable speed now.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

:( it kinda worked for me yesterday but was dog dog slow. That was after logging in about 10 times only to be booted out anything i clicked on anything

Looked okay to me but i didn't get to do anything like move money etc have some of that to do next week so hopefully the gremlins will be sorted by then!

That i suppose is the acid test !!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭Glebee

s

• Subscribers Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

The old one made no sense. If you actually think back to the process of previous bank transfers, you'll see how unintuitive the navigation and forms used for it were. It just "worked" for you because you had learned where everything was and didn't notice how stupid it was.

unintuitive!? All your possible transfer/payment destinations were on a single page. You just clicked the radio button next to correct one and typed in the amount. It couldn't have been more intuitive and simple!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cactus10

What a patronising comment. So the website development is there to suit the developer and not the end user - the customer?

I couldn't care less what the developer has to do to get the thing working, but adding more screens to what was a simple process in my view is not an improvement.

I was being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Is Dimma02 a sock puppet of Dimma ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I've emigrated recently and I'm in the process of doing all the 'clean-up' on bank accounts. I recently got a checking account with a major US bank. It has a 12 digit account number.

I'm trying to set up a payment beneficiary to the new US bank account and whilst I have the ABA number and SWIFT details ok - the stupid new software will NOT let me have any more digits than 10 in the account field. I'm looking at a checkbook with 12 digits - my new bank confirms the account has 12 digits.

It will not let me enter a full swift including the account number either.

I call customer service, they cannot tell me why this is the case;

Me: Cant enter 12 digits
    CS: We don't allow 12 digits
    Me: Wha'?????
    CS: We'll have technical look at it for you on Monday...
    Me: Can you not set it up?
    CS: No, we are not allowed
    Me: So can I instruct the bank to do it?
    CS: Yes, in writing.
    Me: So a FAX is ok?
    CS: No, has to be by post
    Me: But a fax is legally binding?
    CS: But our policy is blah blah

(head explodes)

Basically because of a stupid programmer - or some bizarre policy on 12 digit numbers - I cannot get to MY money for another 2 weeks; at which point the Euro may have bombed and we are out another $300-400 value...

Needless to say I'm NOT happy at this point....

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭redhotdevil

You sound ridiculous and have no idea how a business operates at that level, clearly.

OP, enraged? No. I bet you got enraged when Facebook made changes too. I get enraged at things that matter in life...which reminds me...get one.

Judging by your previous posts on other threads the things that enrage you usually come in the form of the x factor and you tell me get a life.....funny that

ps enjoy the final tommorrow night and hopefully you don't get to enraged:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dimma

Yes all the time, years and money they had to come up with a good online banking site and this is best they could do, issues with setting up international transfers,accounts not being given good names so you can separate them, if you print out statement, looks pants, who actually developed this and where was the thinking, did they checkout AIB, EBS or even some of the US banking online systems!!!! christ it is terrible and you need better eyesight too for new site.

well managed to get in again ok this evening!! during the office hours of today it was crap, hope they have the slowness fixed and it will work fine now!!! only time will tell but to be honest, poor new site and no new features, why spend the money and give us all and there phone staff the headache.

Will see if it still working fine on Monday eh!!!!!
    Good comments from all and lets keep it up if others see issues with new BOI 365 site.:rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

It's a complete train wreck I'm afraid. It's unable to deal with the browser forward / back buttons and "helpfully" logs you out if you use them thinking that they'll work like everywhere else. Too much of the work seems to have gone on making a more graphical UI, and far too little work has gone on how the thing should actually be structured. I'd hate to try using it on a touchscreen. I don't know what sort of people that BOI have in their IT department, because this is like something a bad final year project would throw up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Just logged onto the new look 365 and its a flipping disaster. I can't transfer money between accounts, pay bills etc. I keep getting kicked out of the system and it tells me to upgrade my browser. However I'm running IE8 which is higher than the IE7 they recommend at a minimum.

Is this a ploy by BOI to stop us taking money out of our accounts:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

Just logged onto the new look 365 and its a flipping disaster. I can't transfer money between accounts, pay bills etc. I keep getting kicked out of the system and it tells me to upgrade my browser. However I'm running IE8 which is higher than the IE7 they recommend at a minimum.

Is this a ploy by BOI to stop us taking money out of our accounts:rolleyes:

Use Chrome or Firefox! All working fine, all the time! Why on earth people still use IE is beyond me??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    Use Chrome or Firefox! All working fine, all the time! Why on earth people still use IE is beyond me??

I'm thinking about buying an iMac so it'll be safari for me;)

I rang them this morning (again) and they were busy for a saturday, even had extra staff in to deal with this, they said its being a total surprise that this new site not working properly! it was on load test with the staff for weeks with no issues but when it went live to the general public, it died a quick death, slow and full of glitches,

slow to log in.
    Kicking you out
    not getting passsed first login box and then giving an error
    not working with all browsers.

I told the girl of these problems and she said, it as yet does not work with mobile phones, she said it does not work right with Google chrome, I use chrome and works I think fine for me (have not paid a bill yet but did transfer money to check and it worked!) seems crappy on IE8 and slow but thats probably IE8.

Overall she said they had big issues with the servers and was asking me which server was on on...like J1 or J8 etc, I told her thats not really what a customer looks at when they log in!!
    so it seems they are stuck on it at present, wait and see on Monday morning if it is not all slow again like every other business day or daylight hours since it went live.
    i am sure it will be sorted in time but how much time is needed (they had years after all since launch of last site).
    I also pressed the timing of this launch, a Thursday, before xmas etc,,and she agreed but hey IT and upper managment must have there heads in ther ass!!!

So I was just in it twice within 10 minutes and thank god, i could view accounts and all there thank you, it was ok but no faster than last site and I have a mega fast connection,,Time will tell and I hope its sorted, both site and servers needto stay up.!!!! Rant for today over!!!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

dimma wrote: »
    I rang them this morning (again) and they were busy for a saturday, even had extra staff in to deal with this, they said its being a total surprise that this new site not working properly! it was on load test with the staff for weeks with no issues but when it went live to the general public, it died a quick death, slow and full of glitches,

slow to log in.
    Kicking you out
    not getting passsed first login box and then giving an error
    not working with all browsers.

I told the girl of these problems and she said, it as yet does not work with mobile phones, she said it does not work right with Google chrome, I use chrome and works I think fine for me (have not paid a bill yet but did transfer money to check and it worked!) seems crappy on IE8 and slow but thats probably IE8.

Overall she said they had big issues with the servers and was asking me which server was on on...like J1 or J8 etc, I told her thats not really what a customer looks at when they log in!!
    so it seems they are stuck on it at present, wait and see on Monday morning if it is not all slow again like every other business day or daylight hours since it went live.
    i am sure it will be sorted in time but how much time is needed (they had years after all since launch of last site).
    I also pressed the timing of this launch, a Thursday, before xmas etc,,and she agreed but hey IT and upper managment must have there heads in ther ass!!!

So I was just in it twice within 10 minutes and thank god, i could view accounts and all there thank you, it was ok but no faster than last site and I have a mega fast connection,,Time will tell and I hope its sorted, both site and servers needto stay up.!!!! Rant for today over!!!:o

It works fine on Chrome & Firefox, no issues at all. Tested vigorously since launch!

Well you must have being lucky with times you checked, because its being down/slow Thursday,Friday and Saturday mornings for everybody.

I agree with the browsers as you say and if you can get in and its running at ok speed, its fine, i too have tested it alot and its 50/50 whether its up at normal speed or not and I have used all 3, IE8, Chrome (my fav) and firefox.

So think you are the lucky one not to experience the issues that most others are getting regardless of browsers, I think your timing has being good,,fair play!!!!

well working ok at present, but than its late in evening!!!! I am suer BOI will monitor till all issues/glitches fixed you would hope at leat anyway!!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,292 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

dimma wrote: »

+1 there was a time when the banks did a complete lockdown on changes to IT systems, beginning in mid-November and extending into January, until the mains sales were over, precisely to avoid this type of problem fcuking things up during Christmas. Can't understand why they went ahead with this overhaul in the middle of December, just asking for trouble.

I use Firefox8 and succeeded in getting myself locked out last night, I tried to call today but it was after 2 p.m. and there's nobody around until Monday. I expect to be kept waiting on the line so am not going use that 0818 number.

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    It works fine on Chrome & Firefox, no issues at all. Tested vigorously since launch!

So you see, all browsers have issues, someone above locked out on firefox8, someone else thrown out using IE8, someone else using chrome 15 not able to get in!!!
    what a crock of S*** this site really is, and not really that good looking of graphics either, I would love to meet the IT guy in charge of this as I work in IT and as someone said a college project would be done better. you know I knew it would be crap, last site was so why did anybody actually think BOI could come up with an improvement.
    I think the papers and the RTE news need to get the story next week to light a fire under there ass to fix this or revert back to what was the last site but when it was up, it was actually good at what it did!!!!

You know as I surf the web this evening, not one othetr site gave an issue,not one, what does that say about 365 online...can you even trust its security at this stage is another question!!!!! ???? nite nite sure we will continue tomorrow till we get it fixed!!!:(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Makes you wonder if their internal systems are any better :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

I've been able to log in ok last night and this morning, but can't transfer money between my own accounts.....

Advertisement