Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miele vaccum cleaner not working

• 13-07-2008 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help. My vacuum cleaner has stoppped working and when I plug it in a red warning light comes on (Miele Cat & Dog 700). I don't have the user manual so I don't know what the problem could be and the Miele website doesn't seem to provide any such documents for this model.

I did the usual.... ensured the bag was empty, checked the hose for blockages and put a new 13amp fuse in the plug but stll no joy.
    I have attached a picture of this vacuum cleaner if it helps.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is that a warning light that has an exlamation mark inside a triangle? This usually means the vac has overheated, and needs to be left for 30mins until it cools again.

of course, if the vac hasn't been used in some time, it's not overheating that's the problem, though motor itself could be a suspect.

Look at www.fixya.com. hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ollielaroo

Thanks byte and OsciiBoscii for your comments.

Yes a warning light that has an exlamation mark inside a triangle. It still won't turn on today.
    I went to the site www.fixya.com, and it looks like maybe it's something to do with a circuit board for/near the motor that may need to be replaced. It's a damn good vacuum cleaner (but is also out of warranty) so I'll bring it to some repair guy in town and see what he says.

Thanks a lot.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

ollielaroo wrote: »
    Thanks byte and OsciiBoscii for your comments.

Yes a warning light that has an exlamation mark inside a triangle. It still won't turn on today.
    I went to the site www.fixya.com, and it looks like maybe it's something to do with a circuit board for/near the motor that may need to be replaced. It's a damn good vacuum cleaner (but is also out of warranty) so I'll bring it to some repair guy in town and see what he says.

Thanks a lot.
    Yeah, Miele vacs are generally very good, so should be worth having somebody look at it.

Advertisement