Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WASTE OF MONEY ON PORTLAOISE!!!

• 26-04-2012 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

Think it is some waste of tax payers money pumping millions in looking after theses scum incase they escape!!!!! Put up an electric fence if they want to escape let them fry, Instead of pumping millions in army security into these scum.
    I dont think the army in the north guarded the h- block so why do we still have the army looking over these scum??:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

FANTAPANTS wrote: »
    Think it is some waste of tax payers money pumping millions in looking after theses scum incase they escape!!!!! Put up an electric fence if they want to escape let them fry, Instead of pumping millions in army security into these scum.
    I dont think the army in the north guarded the h- block so why do we still have the army looking over these scum??:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Millions?

Source please.

I love having you around FANTAPANTS :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

the money its spent every year to form up a platoon to go in... rations...ammo on range......rations in the prison to feed soldiers then money paid to soldiers to be in their dont know how much but it aint cheap. Better off spending the money on an electric fence fry the whores if they want to escape:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

I approve of this thread.

the money its spent every year to form up a platoon to go in... rations...ammo on range......rations in the prison to feed soldiers then money paid to soldiers to be in their dont know how much but it aint cheap. Better off spending the money on an electric fence fry the whores if they want to escape:)

They will get rations irrespective of in PL or not

The ranges have to be done anyway

The pay for the soldiers IS cheap

benwavner wrote: »
    They will get rations irrespective of in PL or not

The ranges have to be done anyway

The pay for the soldiers IS cheap

Are you on button moon its extra for all this..... the country is in a hole and all this extra money is been spent on "minding" scum. Do your home work please first the rations are not free in the army you have to pay for them if you want them on less your on tactics... the rations are not free in portlaoise cause someone has to pay for them... TAXPAYER!!! yeah ranges are done anyway but have to be done again by every1 who is going to portlaoise so more money... time to do your homework :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Are you on button moon its extra for all this..... the country is in a hole and all this extra money is been spent on "minding" scum. Do your home work please first the rations are not free in the army you have to pay for them if you want them on less your on tactics... the rations are not free in portlaoise cause someone has to pay for them... TAXPAYER!!! yeah ranges are done anyway but have to be done again by every1 who is going to portlaoise so more money... time to do your homework :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Im sorry FANTAPANTS you need to do YOUR homework son. Out of the two of us, which one has formed up and served in Portlaoise?

Im guessing it's not you.

Well i would pull them horns in lad very quick.... been their done that many a time and its all true...MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN!!!!

Well i would pull them horns in lad very quick.... been their done that many a time and its all true...MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN!!!!

Well worth it IMO

Maybe privatise it. :pac:

why privatise it no other country that i know has armed soldiers watching over scum.... the prison officers can do it .... not looking for a war on this mate but its money ill -spent were it could be pumped into temple streets kids hospital instead of scummers:):):)

why privatise it no other country that i know has armed soldiers watching over scum.... the prison officers can do it .... not looking for a war on this mate but its money ill -spent were it could be pumped into temple streets kids hospital instead of scummers:):):)

Ah here, you can say that about anything!

Taking soldiers our of PL is a mistake, not because of who is in there but because if we start taking away the small bit we do in the state, we may aswell take away everthing. Thats where it will end up.

I presume you are an exer, did you do 21 or more or less? Surely as an exer you see the importance of the lads doing the job?

The cost to the taxpayer (as you know) in negligable and barely a speck of the GDP of the state. If you want to post you anger at the waste of taxpayers money, then where is your argument for the bailouts? There is bigger "waste" there. What abour the Goverment salaries?

Stop picking "easy" arguments.

• Advertisement

not picking easy fights but its a waste of money and time

not picking easy fights but its a waste of money and time

Are you an ex PDF?

yes exer but i know lads doing it now and its a waste of money time and people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Ah FANTAPANTS, the person with all the fact and figures, But no evidence.

do your research mate... it pops up how much it costs:cool::cool::cool:

yes exer but i know lads doing it now and its a waste of money time and people

Are you ex PDF?

Never mind about "lads doing it now", what decade did you serve in Portlaoise?

2000 ... does it make a diff??? waste of ffffff money

If you have an issue, heres a tissue.

If you have an issue, heres a tissue.

aghhhhhhh you must be 1 of the pump up whores that have a say in the country prob on 200,000 euro a year piss off spa

Did you not mind when you got paid for the duty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

aghhhhhhh you must be 1 of the pump up whores that have a say in the country prob on 200,000 euro a year piss off spa

Well arent I a conumdrum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 harley head

Im ex pdf and did duty in the prison in the eighties, back then it was mostly political prisoners that were held there and a military guard was
    definatly needed.As the political scene has changed I wonder is a military
    presence needed any more.Im sure the prison services are well able to
    to deal with these offenders. Is a reason for the army being there that
    Im missing?

Aquila wrote: »
    For someone who apparently served you dont seem to have dropped any terminology ;)
    I wonder lads was he a red arse who didnt pay the piper:pac:

Well that or a troll. :pac:

Im ex pdf and did duty in the prison in the eighties, back then it was mostly political prisoners that were held there and a military guard was
    definatly needed.As the political scene has changed I wonder is a military
    presence needed any more.Im sure the prison services are well able to
    to deal with these offenders. Is a reason for the army being there that
    Im missing?

TRUE TRUE!!!!!!

Aquila wrote: »
    For someone who apparently served you dont seem to have dropped any terminology ;)
    I wonder lads was he a red arse who didnt pay the piper:pac:

Red arse love that term!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

The BA gaurded HMP Maze. I think it is a similar arrangement to Portlaoise(Soldiers outside and Prison Officers inside)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭KickstartHeart

The BA did guard the maize prison. Their failure to follow basic SOP's ended up causing a massive escape..but we'll not get into that...

Why do people think things to do with the military are a 'waste of money'.

Last year single parents cost the state 2 Billion in social welfare. The Defence Forces and what it does costs a hell of a lot less, and actually gives something. If your'e looking to brand things as a 'waste of money' point elsewhere.

There are still very dangerous prisoners in that prison. Ireland is not texas, our police and prison service are primarily not armed. With prisoners like that there needs to be an armed guard. The Defence Forces fills that gap.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

I wouldnt pump ANY money into the health system here until a Price Waterhouse Cooper-esque analysis and recommendations bearing white paper was conducted AND enacted JUST like was done with the defence forces back in 99.

The Health service in ireland is a GIANT MONEY SLURPING HORRIBLE C*NT OF A BLACK HOLE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

The BA did guard the maize prison. Their failure to follow basic SOP's ended up causing a massive escape..but we'll not get into that...

Why do people think things to do with the military are a 'waste of money'.

Last year single parents cost the state 2 Billion in social welfare. The Defence Forces and what it does costs a hell of a lot less, and actually gives something. If your'e looking to brand things as a 'waste of money' point elsewhere.

There are still very dangerous prisoners in that prison. Ireland is not texas, our police and prison service are primarily not armed. With prisoners like that there needs to be an armed guard. The Defence Forces fills that gap.

I wouldn't slag the Brits off too much its not as if the defense forces prevented all escapes

Advertisement