Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nugget Rage

Hey! So I'm just getting on this forum for the first time now. I hear there's places to do drop in games for things like SSFIV in Dublin. I'm around Dublin 2 close to City Center. Are there still games that go on where people can drop in to play either for free or for whatever amount of money and play in a non-tourne setting? I'm still a novice at SSFIV and want to practice and hopefully get some helpful tips from some other players. Guy and Rose are usually my team- profound badness! Anyway, if anyone has info regarding these drop in gaming sessions (even if it's for games outside of SSFIV as well, like smash bros.,) please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help,
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Welcome to the forums! There are casual gaming sessions for lots of different fighting games held (usually) every Wednesday and Saturday in the Xtreme Gaming Centre on Liffey St. (near the Ha'Penny bridge on the Northside, across the road from Games Workshop).

Some weeks there won't be any Saturday casuals as there'll be a tournament on in Dublin instead, but most weeks there are. Casuals are usually from 2 or 3 til about 10 or 11 PM.

The popular games are:

SSF4 2012
    Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
    Street Fighter X Tekken
    BlazBlue
    Mortal Kombat 9
    Tekken 6
    King of Fighters XIII

And sometimes others. New players are always welcome, hope to see you at a session sometime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nugget Rage

Deadly, will definitely be sure to check it out soon. Hopefully this Saturday! Thanks again for the info.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Best DLC ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

What's in the video?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

DLC bosses in Asuras wrath.

Ryu Akuma Evil Ryu. Looks fun.

Would like to see Asura in marvel or sfxt

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ahh, it's DLC for Asura's Wrath, not AE...thank fook.

€apcom rip us off again. All that DLC is already on the SSF4 disc.

Best DLC comment ever.

• Advertisement

Doyler01 wrote: »
    DLC bosses in Asuras wrath.

Ryu Akuma Evil Ryu. Looks fun.

Would like to see Asura in marvel or sfxt

The WTFness about it is that it actually looks like SSF4 when you're fighting Ryu. 2d, life, super and ultra bars, the whole deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

The WTFness about it is that it actually looks like SSF4 when you're fighting Ryu. 2d, life, super and ultra bars, the whole deal.

Of what I've seen, most boss fights in Asuras Wrath have unique mechanics.
    Looks hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm more surprised Ryu's keeping up with a GOD.

"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his power levels?"

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I'm more surprised Ryu's keeping up with a GOD.

"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his power levels?"

Well storyline wise he beat down a king and a demon when he was only a young fella, I guess a god is next in line.

Well storyline wise he beat down a king and a demon when he was only a young fella, I guess a god is next in line.
    Remember that time he fought that planet eating Galactus guy? Yeah, that was pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

is that video legit ? i think ryu is featured in Asuras Wrath - the game itself [not sure if thats what its called]!?

Placebo wrote: »
    is that video legit ? i think ryu is featured in Asuras Wrath - the game itself [not sure if thats what its called]!?

Yar, Ryu/Evil Ryu and Akuma are DLC bosses you can fight in Asura's Wrath.

Asura is not DLC for SF4.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Asura gets my vote for appearing in UMvC3. Total badass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

DooM has some competition:

aw4.jpg

• Advertisement

I'll laugh if he's a palette swap of guile

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'll laugh if he's a palette swap of guile

As far as I understand Asura's Wrath, it's almost entirely Quick Time Event based, so I imagine Asura can only do a flash kick if you press X at the right moment when the on-screen prompt tells you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

As far as I understand Asura's Wrath, it's almost entirely Quick Time Event based, so I imagine Asura can only do a flash kick if you press X at the right moment when the on-screen prompt tells you :pac:

Sure that's how SF5 will play anyway.

Well if the prompt is "opponent jumping" that's not too far off :D

Ar, this is why I haven't bought the game yet. The game looks insane and fun, but there's not actually that much gameplay in it :/

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Latest Tier list from Arcadia magazine.
    S (Cammy, Fei-Long, Seth, Adon)

A (Ryu, Vega, Sagat, Viper, Rufus, Ibuki ,Makoto, Juri)

B (Ken, Honda, Zangief, Guile, Dhalsim, Balrog, Bison, Abel, Gouki, Sakura, Rose, Gen, Dee Jay, Dudley, Cody, Yun, Yang, Evil Ryu, Oni)

C (Chun-Li, Blanka, El Fuerte, Gouken)

D (Dan, Hakan)

E (T.Hawk)

Also some opinions from top Jap players.
    Mago: Cammy, Fei, Ryu, Seth, Adon can be said to be the five strongest, although there is no clear separation between them and the rest. Ibuki, Gouki, Sakura, Makoto and Rufus are almost as strong as them. Sagat, Abel and Viper are pretty strong too.

Tokido: Seth, Gouki, Fei and Cammy are the best characters.

Fuudo: Fei, Adon, Gouki and Seth are the top characters. Cammy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

That's interesting.

Adon S tier? Really.

I remember reading somewhere that Justin Wong was running Rufus and Adon as his two mains, because they complemented each others bad match-ups.

I believe he said that Adon can punish whiffed Sonic Booms, which almost no other character can do.

That's interesting.

Adon S tier? Really.

I remember reading somewhere that Justin Wong was running Rufus and Adon as his two mains, because they complemented each others bad match-ups.

I believe he said that Adon can punish whiffed Sonic Booms, which almost no other character can do.
    Adon can kiiiind of get over Sonic Booms with a well-timed instant air-Jaguar Kick, but the problem is that it loses to Focus/cr.HP/Flash kick.

So I'd say it's not a matter of punishing whiffed Booms (that's impossible), it's that he has a tool to get in from close/mid-range.

I can punish normal sonic booms on reaction with Yun (ex shoulder) and Chun (ultra 1), maybe some other characters too. I'd say Justin meant the anti-fireball ultra, that thing is really fast. Never tried to punish a sonic boom with it though.

• Advertisement

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I can punish normal sonic booms on reaction with Yun (ex shoulder) and Chun (ultra 1), maybe some other characters too. I'd say Justin meant the anti-fireball ultra, that thing is really fast. Never tried to punish a sonic boom with it though.
    I have never, EVER seen an Adon punish Sonic Boom with Ultra 1.
    The startup is supposedly fast, but it never seems to work.
    Maybe it's the need to do double-QCB that slows players down (each direction adds 1f to execution), so I guess it could be possible with buffering.

But in general players will pick Ultra 2 (combos/punish).

Advertisement