Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

dublinlady wrote: »
    Thanks MS2011!

And thanks to you all - you've been a great support throughout my whole pregnancy and some of you also throughout the difficult ttc process!
    Its so amazing to have a place to come where people understand exactly how your feeling and where you can rant and rage and moan without having to do it to your 'real life' friends who dont always appreciate your circumstances!!

Im full of excitement and anxiety over tomorrow - I have no doubt at all that it will be the best day of my life and even that thougt is a little overwhelming. Im anxious about how the day will go and just want the hard part to be over so that i can feel well and be holding my little girl! My only wish is that she is healthy and happy and after that the rest will fall into place!

I promise to update ye as soon as im capable!! and hopefully at some point put up my birthing story so that other ppl with breech babies can feel reassured that while its not first choice a section really aint that bad!

Baby has the hiccups at the mo...god im gonna miss my bump! Im just looking forward to getting to know her out in the real world now!!

Best of wishes to you all - i certainly will be hanging around this thread alot to seehow you are all doing with your pregnancies!
    May all your dreams come true and happy and healthy babies be in your arms soon, x x x

All the very best for tomorrow, dublinlady:) Do keep us updated! I'm nearly 4 weeks after my section now, and honestly it's no big deal, over before you know it, you will be grand. Just think this time tomorrow you'll be cuddling your little girl, oh the excitement:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Thanks MS2011!

And thanks to you all - you've been a great support throughout my whole pregnancy and some of you also throughout the difficult ttc process!
    Its so amazing to have a place to come where people understand exactly how your feeling and where you can rant and rage and moan without having to do it to your 'real life' friends who dont always appreciate your circumstances!!

Im full of excitement and anxiety over tomorrow - I have no doubt at all that it will be the best day of my life and even that thougt is a little overwhelming. Im anxious about how the day will go and just want the hard part to be over so that i can feel well and be holding my little girl! My only wish is that she is healthy and happy and after that the rest will fall into place!

I promise to update ye as soon as im capable!! and hopefully at some point put up my birthing story so that other ppl with breech babies can feel reassured that while its not first choice a section really aint that bad!

Baby has the hiccups at the mo...god im gonna miss my bump! Im just looking forward to getting to know her out in the real world now!!

Best of wishes to you all - i certainly will be hanging around this thread alot to seehow you are all doing with your pregnancies!
    May all your dreams come true and happy and healthy babies be in your arms soon, x x x

All the very very best of luck, you will be just fine! So exciting!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

Thanks MS2011!

Cant wait to hear how it all goes! Ye will both do great! All the best x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Best of luck tomorrow DL :) hope everything goes to plan & your recovery is quick xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Aw lovely post Dublinlady, I'm so excited for you!!!!!
    Feel's like it was only days ago we were on our ttc journey & here you are now your last night before baby arrives!

I hope everything goes really well tomorrow & that you recover very fast x

Can't wait to see your update when baby arrives :)

I didn't get to bed til after 2am last night, I was getting some strongish braxton hicks.
    So funny in hindsight, at the back of my mind I knew well nothing was happening as I had the same on my last pregnancy, but I started thinking I don't have my hospital bag packed yet :o I had visions of having to get the other half to go to the shops and pick up the essentials. That wouldn't be good :o
    So going to get the finger out and get the last few bits'n'pieces bought and packed for it over the weekend.

I already had several packs of newborn vests/babygro's, so have them all washed, dried & will pack them over the weekend. The size of the teeny vests & socks awwwwwwwww!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭SEORG

Due date +5 today. Baby is taking it's time to make an appearance. Constant discomfort now along with serious indigestion problems.

Get ooooooooouuuuuuutttttt!!

Mrs Seorg.

SEORG wrote: »
    Due date +5 today. Baby is taking it's time to make an appearance. Constant discomfort now along with serious indigestion problems.

Get ooooooooouuuuuuutttttt!!

Mrs Seorg.

Ooh I hope baby get's the hint and get's out soon! I went 14 day's off with my daughter & omg it felt like 14 months! Doesn't help when you have family/friends every day asking things like 'any sign' :rolleyes:
    Fingers crossed you won't have too much longer to wait before meeting your little one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Baby Aine Mary born at lunchtime weighing 6 & 1/2 pounds :) amazing experience .. Totally in love!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Baby Aine Mary born at lunchtime weighing 6 & 1/2 pounds :) amazing experience .. Totally in love!

Omg, DL congratulations!!! Am all welled up for you.Am delighted that all went well for you :)

Ps. that is one of my favourite names.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Congrats DL :) Hope you are both doing well :)

• Advertisement

Aw congratulations hun! all teary eyed here, I hope baby & mum are very well x x x
    Beautiful name too!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

omg congrats!!! delighted it went well. lookin forward to seein ya in the newborns thread!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Congratulations DL delighted it went well for you,and that mam and baby doing well :-)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Congratulations to you Dublin Lady, and welcome to the world Aine! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

Aw wow congratulations! Welcome little Aine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Congrats dublinlady and little DL!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Congrats Dublinlady! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Yay!!!! Aboslutely delighted for you Dublin Lady!! Hope you're both well and massive congratulations to you all xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Big hugs and congrats Dublin Girl. Wishing Aine Mary a long and happy life filled with health, love and joy. may she always have all she needs in life xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Massive Congrats DL!!! Hope you're doing well & welcome to the world baby Aine Mary :) lovely weight too! Congrats again xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Ah massive congrats DL, I'm thrilled for you & OH. Love the name, so pretty :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Congratulations dublinlady, hope you and baby Aine are doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Congratulations DL - and sprinkles of magic fairy dust to baby Aine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Aw congrats, Dublinlady and welcome Baby Aine, beautiful name. Looking forward to reading all about your experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Congrats Dublin Lady :)
    Best wishes for your family :)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Huge congrats!!!

Had a monitoring with the midwife yesterday. Baby is grand. I even had a mini-contraction during the monitoring (didn't feel a thing!). Because I will be 41 weeks on Sunday, the midwife recommended I contact the gynecologist to find out when he will organise an induction. Apparently, I won't be let go later than Thursday! This surprised me considering in Ireland it seems women go 2 weeks over routinely! I have to know the date of the induction so that I can organise a monitoring with the midwife every second day to check the baby is ok...

I'm hoping I'm go before the induction...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I'm delighted you have a 'round about' date. I bet it seams like a target, must ge before Thursday!!

I was reading you had a show a few days ago. I had one the day I gave birth but I googled it (as you do!) and nearly every site said 'you will go in to labour in the next few weeks'! Very vague.

It's great you had a mini contraction while being monitored, atleast your body is getting ready, baby's head must be inching slowly towards the exit.

Did they do an internal? I remember you say they keep it to the minimum, but wouldn't you love to know if you were 1cm, though I doubt its worth an internal.

So its a sex marathon for you till Thursday then? (!)
    Best of luck, what ever happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I'm delighted you have a 'round about' date. I bet it seams like a target, must ge before Thursday!!

I was reading you had a show a few days ago. I had one the day I gave birth but I googled it (as you do!) and nearly every site said 'you will go in to labour in the next few weeks'! Very vague.

It's great you had a mini contraction while being monitored, atleast your body is getting ready, baby's head must be inching slowly towards the exit.

Did they do an internal? I remember you say they keep it to the minimum, but wouldn't you love to know if you were 1cm, though I doubt its worth an internal.

• Advertisement

wmpdd3 wrote: »

Would you believe I had my show more than 2 weeks ago now! I had an internal on the 2nd, and I was 2 cm dilated! Don't think it means much though seeing as nothing has happened since then!

The sex marathon sounds tempting :p but the logistics are understandably a bit difficult at the moment! :P

At least it'll be over and done by thursday! Can't wait to meet him and see who he looks like and all!

Advertisement