Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Official Free Money Betting Superthread 2011/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Gone for accumulator:

Blues +9: WON
    Stormers -2: WON
    Clermont -10: 7:45
    Ospreys -13: 7:05

Calculates to around 10/1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Connacht -10 v Aironi

Aironi away:
    Sun 04/09/11 RAP Scarlets 32 - 9 Aironi
    Sat 17/09/11 RAP Newport Gwent Dragons 23 - 14 Aironi
    Sat 01/10/11 RAP Leinster 26 - 7 Aironi
    Fri 28/10/11 RAP Munster 18 - 6 Aironi
    Thu 24/11/11 RAP Cardiff Blues 38 - 0 Aironi
    Fri 02/12/11 RAP Edinburgh 50 - 10 Aironi
    Sat 31/12/11 RAP Benetton Treviso 37 - 14 Aironi
    Fri 17/02/12 RAP Ospreys 23 - 7 Aironi
    Fri 23/03/12 RAP Glasgow Warriors 29 - 6 Aironi
    Fri 30/03/12 RAP Ulster 45 - 7 Aironi

9/10 times (90%) lost the +10 Handicap away

Connacht playing good rugby and their final home game gets chance for team to build on solid home run they been building since the New Year- plus added with extra incentive of opportunity to get revenge for their away defeat to Aironi earlier in season, can see a good Connacht win

in a silly bet, have put €1 on a yellow card in all matches this weekend, would win about a €5er but don't see likely hood of it coming in at all at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

duckysauce wrote: »
    Shane Williams last match for the Ospreys tomorrow night worth chucking a few Euro's on him anytime try scorer. Just watched a short documentary about him fcking class player and sound guy aswell.

Ducky you saucy little beaut :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Shane Williams last match for the Ospreys tomorrow night worth chucking a few Euro's on him anytime try scorer. Just watched a short documentary about him fcking class player and sound guy aswell.

:D

last minute then he converts it , Great player going to be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

robbie1977 wrote: »
    The Ospreys -13 with PP could be a great bet against the Dragons.
    Ospreys will be looking for 5 points to keep 2nd place for the play offs
    and the Dragons have had a bug in the camp this week and are missing some players.

from bbc site below.

"The Dragons have suffered back-to-back home defeats to Connacht and Treviso , and their preparations for the Ospreys clash have been hit by a sickness bug this week.
    Seven players have missed training at the beginning of the week, raising doubts over their availability for Friday.
    "I'm hoping they get well enough to play," added Edwards. "They're nowhere near fitness yet. It's a concern."
    The Dragons make four changes to their trip to Swansea and have handed 17-year-old Hallam Amos his first PRO12 start at full back in place of Will Harries who went off injured last week. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17752957

Im gona double Leinster -3 and Ospreys -13 and might do a single on Ospreys aswell.

Edit lodged money into skybet and took -2 Leinster and -13 Ospreys incase the lines change any more.

Jasus we got lucky there.

Ospreys led 17-6 at h-t and then did'nt score again until the 79th min which was a penalty try to put them 24-12 up.
    A quick converstion gets the game back underway with 80 mins nearly up
    only for Shane Williams to score another try in the 83rd minute.:D

very lucky but it makes up for all the hard luck storys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Won my double (Leinster, 'Spreys). That was deadly.

Just need a Clermont win by 10 to complete a magical evening, cause I have them in a seperate treble with the originals!!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

The Ospreys -13 with PP could be a great bet against the Dragons.
    Ospreys will be looking for 5 points to keep 2nd place for the play offs
    and the Dragons have had a bug in the camp this week and are missing some players.

from bbc site below.

"The Dragons have suffered back-to-back home defeats to Connacht and Treviso , and their preparations for the Ospreys clash have been hit by a sickness bug this week.
    Seven players have missed training at the beginning of the week, raising doubts over their availability for Friday.
    "I'm hoping they get well enough to play," added Edwards. "They're nowhere near fitness yet. It's a concern."
    The Dragons make four changes to their trip to Swansea and have handed 17-year-old Hallam Amos his first PRO12 start at full back in place of Will Harries who went off injured last week. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17752957

Im gona double Leinster -3 and Ospreys -13 and might do a single on Ospreys aswell.

Edit lodged money into skybet and took -2 Leinster and -13 Ospreys incase the lines change any more.

http://gifsoup.com/view/1632704/cheers.html

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,053 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Didn't think the Ospreys were gonna do it, so went for a shower.nice feeling when you log into paddy power when dry. Good call with the Leinster double.

Won my double (Leinster, 'Spreys). That was deadly.

Just need a Clermont win by 10 to complete a magical evening, cause I have them in a seperate treble with the originals!!

22-9 to Ca :)

Have them in a crazy accum will see how it works tomorrow . Started off well today anyway.

CMON CLERMONT!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

beertons wrote: »
    Didn't think the Ospreys were gonna do it, so went for a shower.nice feeling when you log into paddy power when dry. Good call with the Leinster double.

Exact same thing happened to me last week. Ospreys have been good to me!

HA! TAKE THAT STATISTICS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Mixed night and regretting not taking the punt on Shane Williams - it was on my list - but I opted for safer bets and I am still ahead on the day. Tomorrow a splurge on Connacht by -10 points as recommended by wprathead who analyses things properly! :D

PP%2B20%2Bapril.JPG

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

wprathead wrote: »
    Connacht -10 v Aironi

Aironi away:
    Sun 04/09/11 RAP Scarlets 32 - 9 Aironi
    Sat 17/09/11 RAP Newport Gwent Dragons 23 - 14 Aironi
    Sat 01/10/11 RAP Leinster 26 - 7 Aironi
    Fri 28/10/11 RAP Munster 18 - 6 Aironi
    Thu 24/11/11 RAP Cardiff Blues 38 - 0 Aironi
    Fri 02/12/11 RAP Edinburgh 50 - 10 Aironi
    Sat 31/12/11 RAP Benetton Treviso 37 - 14 Aironi
    Fri 17/02/12 RAP Ospreys 23 - 7 Aironi
    Fri 23/03/12 RAP Glasgow Warriors 29 - 6 Aironi
    Fri 30/03/12 RAP Ulster 45 - 7 Aironi

9/10 times (90%) lost the +10 Handicap away

Connacht playing good rugby and their final home game gets chance for team to build on solid home run they been building since the New Year- plus added with extra incentive of opportunity to get revenge for their away defeat to Aironi earlier in season, can see a good Connacht win

in a silly bet, have put €1 on a yellow card in all matches this weekend, would win about a €5er but don't see likely hood of it coming in at all at all..

The only thing that puts me off -10 is that Aironi have a very good record against Connacht.

10/11
    Aironi 25 Connacht 13
    Connacht 11 Aironi 6

11/12
    Aironi 20 Connacht 6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

Have gone on the h/c double, Ospreys and Leinster. Also went singles on both and have taken Ospreys over 29.5 and Leinster over 19.5.

Anytime tryscorer bets on Shane Williams and Luke Fitz.

Been on a very good run on recent rugby betting, hope it doesn't end tonight!

A good night's gambling for me, even if it all hinged on a late try. Got 5 out of 7 and made a very healthy profit. Thank you Shane Williams, his injury time try meant 4 of the bets coming in! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

:D

last minute then he converts it , Great player going to be missed.

Shades of his last minute try for Wales against Australia in the autumn as well. The comentators we're all 'Oooooooh Shane Williams in his last home game for the Ospreys' but aren't they pretty much banker for a home semi now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Shades of his last minute try for Wales against Australia in the autumn as well. The comentators we're all 'Oooooooh Shane Williams in his last home game for the Ospreys' but aren't they pretty much banker for a home semi now :confused:

I read somewhere that Williams wasn't going to play on till the end of the season, I thought he had already retired.

I read somewhere that Williams wasn't going to play on till the end of the season, I thought he had already retired.
    I don't understand... He's going to retire with just a couple of games to go? Surely he'd want his shot at the RDP!12?

I don't understand... He's going to retire with just a couple of games to go? Surely he'd want his shot at the RDP!12?

In January or February he said he was going to play 1 or 2 more games and then retire, "there are young guys coming through who need gametime etc".

On the road Crusaders blew away Hurricanes this morning 42 -14 . It was edge of the seat stuff for me and my Crusaders -8 bet. :D

crusaders.JPG

Just gone with Tom Carter #12 for Waratahs to score a try anytime against the Rebels. Game just started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

CatFromHue wrote: »
    The only thing that puts me off -10 is that Aironi have a very good record against Connacht.

10/11
    Aironi 25 Connacht 13
    Connacht 11 Aironi 6

11/12
    Aironi 20 Connacht 6

Last years home game, was an incredibly difficult game of rugby with the weather. Never seen so much wind, rain, snow and hailstones in one game. I'd be very surprised if Connacht didnt beat that h'cap tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

its_phil wrote: »
    Last years home game, was an incredibly difficult game of rugby with the weather. Never seen so much wind, rain, snow and hailstones in one game. I'd be very surprised if Connacht didnt beat that h'cap tonight.

19-16 won with a last minute kick, ah well.. :o

.45 cents down on the day! If only Nikora had scored a try and if Scarlets had won by -2 it would have been a different story. :D

Mixed night and regretting not taking the punt on Shane Williams - it was on my list - but I opted for safer bets and I am still ahead on the day. Tomorrow a splurge on Connacht by -10 points as recommended by wprathead who analyses things properly! :D

analysis me hole where does that get you?;) better off with a gut feeling :p

Cardiff v Edinburgh. PP has Cardiff as 14 point favourites, surely some money to be made out of Edinburgh today?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

pithater1 wrote: »
    Cardiff v Edinburgh. PP has Cardiff as 14 point favourites, surely some money to be made out of Edinburgh today?

I'd be weary pithater some Cardiff players are playing their last home match today and Edinburgh have made 13 changes to their team.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17738902

Dont want to put you off a winning bet or anything tho.
    If you do it there is +15 in a few if you have access to them ladbrokes is one.

Edinburgh won't give two ****s about playing Cardiff, wouldn't touch them.

I'd be weary pithater some Cardiff players are playing their last home match today and Edinburgh have made 13 changes to their team.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17738902

Dont want to put you off a winning bet or anything tho.
    If you do it there is +15 in a few if you have access to them ladbrokes is one.

Edinburgh +8 looks decent enough value. Can't see Edinburgh winning but I aslo can't see Cardiff running away with it.

Thoughts on this triple?

Exeter Chiefs v Northampton Saints - Exeter -3 at 8/11
    A win for Exeter gets them into the playoffs. Exeter's home form this year is pretty good while Northampton are in a slight slump with a few high profile suspensions.

Cardiff Blues v Edinburgh - Edinburgh +8 at 17/10
    Cardiff have been simply abysmal the last few matches. Edinburgh have some fringe players playing to put their hands up to be picked next week. Cardiff will win but I can't imagine them hammering Edinburgh.

Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors - Treviso +4 at 4/7
    Glasgow need the win to keep their playoff chances alive. Treviso are no pushovers at home though. Can see a tight win for Glasgow.

Only my 2nd week betting on the rugby but I'm €25 up this week. Will only be putting €3 on this one so if it doesn't happen its no biggie. €3 returns €30, worth a punt?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Cardiff have a string of players making their last appearance in front of the home support. They'll want to put in a decent show. The likes of Martyn Williams and Gethin Jenkins will burst a lung today. Edinburgh have a completely second string side out. Not one player who started against Toulouse is on the field. They've only won once away from home in the league this season. They lost in Aironi and shipped 25 points there. They've had serious scores run up against them on the road: 54, 38, 34, 33. Wouldn't go near them.

Advertisement