Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 13 - Main Thread/General Banter

• 21-02-2012 2:21pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Thread for Season 13 - Keep the moaning and whinging to a minimum - preferably non existant.

All talk/banter goes here regarding the league, organising games etc

Will be starting the league in the next day or two once fixtures are posted.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Those taking part please make sure you have thanked the rules sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Parawind

Axwell wrote: »
    Keep the moaning and whinging to a minimum - preferably non existant.

I can't promise i'll try, but i'll try to try! :D
    Cjayses - treble11- Inter Milan

You might well find yourself smashing your controller against the wall before the season is out. I nearly had an aneurysm due to Forlan last season. He has no pace or strength, can't dribble or pass, the only thing he can do is tap the ball into a empty net from 5 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Pazzini and Milito are quality :D

jamescd wrote: »
    Pazzini and Milito are quality :D

Pazzini scored all my goals last season, but Milito never seemed to be as good on the pitch as his stats would indicate. Anyway i won't have to worry about that this season.

I think Messi and Villa should be a lot more fun to play with. Hopefully i can change some of my simply insane number of draws from last season into a few more wins. Though i might have to have words with Dani Alves, he seems to pop up all over the place (Except Right Back!).

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

Looking forwards to it! Though I'm using Chelsea who I'm not used to, and am not used to playing against 5 star teams (I use 4* mostly).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

My Team Napoli were gone but Dortmund are quiet hand so really looking forward to getting underway :) anyone I should be wary of lol

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Time to start using Liverpool online... get some practice in! My usual teams were being used... but this will give me a chance to use someone new :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Havn't played FIFA in roughly 4-5 days, should really start practising with Spurs!

Had Spurs last season, really struggled defensively. I remember I was 3 - 1 up in my opening game and somehow conceded 2 goals in the last 10 minutes. It only got worse from there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Got the team I play with, Man City, which I was delighted with.

They're not world beaters in any area by any means but are solid in defence, midfield and attack. Joe Hart can be unbeatable in some games as well, particularly strong on long shots.

• Advertisement

Who are you kidding Man City are probaly the best team in the game if you can use them right lol Dzeko and Aguero up front and you're on easy street

• Who are you kidding Man City are probaly the best team in the game if you can use them right lol Dzeko and Aguero up front and you're on easy street

I'd say Real Madrid are the best team, power and pace all over the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Cjayses

Parawind wrote: »
    You might well find yourself smashing your controller against the wall before the season is out. I nearly had an aneurysm due to Forlan last season. He has no pace or strength, can't dribble or pass, the only thing he can do is tap the ball into a empty net from 5 yards.

I have also had a troubled past with Forlan. He was absolute cack for me in season 11. Hopefully things will be different with big Wes behind him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Hon AC!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

This is my first season so I don't really know what to expect, should be good craic though!

@Manunitedlad I'm in the same boat as you 1st time leaguer too , so whats the standard in the leagues like ? as in what level are you at online or what way would ya judge it ?

Same as the two lads above ^^. First time league. Never played against anyone on boards, suppose that's good as i'll have no fear of someone who won last year etc etc

So we're qpr,swansea and norwhich of the league then . here to upset the bog boys lol :P

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

1st season for me too!

so whats the standard in the leagues like ? as in what level are you at online or what way would ya judge it ?

Standard is quite good in the Premiership, though several very good players have had to opt out in the last few seasons which is a shame. To give you an idea of level, i'd say about 5 or 6 of us are in Division 1 in H2H Seasons. But that can be false statistic as i know there are some really tough players who aren't very highly ranked. Only way to judge the level is to play the people yourself.

Championship can be a mixed bag, their are some good players who just don't take the league as competitively but are still a real handful. ( Won't ruin the surprise for you of who they are ;D )

However its the fresh blood that helps to keep things interesting as there is the "unknown" factor. So welcome to all the new players, i look forward to our future matches!

PS: This is me being nice before the league starts, give it a few game weeks and i'll be a lot b*tchier with my posts! So apologies in advance.

• Advertisement

How were people picked into premiership/championship? I'm a new comer and got Premier, just curious

Who are you kidding Man City are probaly the best team in the game if you can use them right lol Dzeko and Aguero up front and you're on easy street

Nah, I'd rate Madrid, Barca and Bayern before them to be honest. City have no player like Ronaldo or Messi who is ridiculously good, just plenty of solid players.

Dzeko is a lethal finisher alright but Tevez is a good option up front too.

I'm a newcomer too and I'm in Division 4 in H2H. Been languishing between Division 5/6 for a while but finally got into 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Newcomer, Division 2 in the H2H Seasons, a formidable opponent! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Newcomer, Division 1 in H2H Seasons, only just got into it this week :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

How were people picked into premiership/championship? I'm a new comer and got Premier, just curious

Newcomers were spread across the 2 divisions. We had 3 divisions last year so had to even things out between 2 divisions this time without messing with last seasons standings too much either.

Have we to start adding people in our divisions as friends or what way does that work?

You can add them now or you can add when you're due to play each other. Whatever's convenient for you

The fixture list will be going up Friday and the league starting Friday evening so you can add them now for handiness sake.

Lads just letting you know for those who'll i'll be fixed against: Working friday evening 6-10 so will be available after 11 to play. Working all day sat. Sunday be avail after 10pm and usually free Monday nights, tuesday days and all day wednesday :)

• Advertisement

For anyone that I am drawn to play against, I'm away on a stag from tomorrow until Sunday so will only be available from Monday on. I can play games most evenings between 9 and 12.

Advertisement