Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Zombie Attack - What's your weapon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

A scarf...

I'm fjucked...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

A printer . I'm going to kill a lit of them with that:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

A printer . I'm going to kill a lit of them with that:rolleyes:

That's an easy one...

Throw the printer while holding onto the cord, reel it back in and throw it again! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

A broken fire alarm.

I could repair it and... force them to evacuate my hidey-hole? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Any sort of 12 gauge shotgun. Most county folk have one. Abundant ammo. Only downside is that most or double barrel, either over and under or side by side and allow two shots off at once. Slow reload.

Land rover defender. Ideal vehicle too but with some sort of window protection it would make a nice weapon to clear the road of zombles. Older ones would run on diesel, kero, veg oil - so fuel should not be a problem.

Log splitting axe. Pretty much like a sledge except with a pointy wedge end.

Crossbow? Silent but lethal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

BX 19 wrote: »
    Any sort of 12 gauge shotgun. Most county folk have one. Abundant ammo. Only downside is that most or double barrel, either over and under or side by side and allow two shots off at once. Slow reload.

Land rover defender. Ideal vehicle too but with some sort of window protection it would make a nice weapon to clear the road of zombles. Older ones would run on diesel, kero, veg oil - so fuel should not be a problem.

All that is just to your left? I'll be right behind you, because I sure wouldn't want to be standing in front of you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 833 ✭✭✭snafuk35

BX 19 wrote: »

A shotgun is useless to stop a zombie if it only contains birdshot.

You need some of this stuff:

Dragons' Breath,
    Dragon slug,
    Armour piercing,
    Flechette,
    Buck and Ball,
    Strung Buck

or best of all the fin stablizing explosive fragmentation round:

frag1220projectile1jm2.jpg

Finally you need to buy a AA-12 shotgun with a drum magazine like this:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

snafuk35 wrote: »

You need some of this stuff:

Dragons' Breath,
    Dragon slug,
    Armour piercing,
    Flechette,
    Buck and Ball,
    Strung Buck

or best of all the fin stablizing explosive fragmentation round

Good luck getting anything more than buck/birdshot in Ireland, haven't got a snowballs chance in hell of even getting slugs here.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,000 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Birdshot at close range is still pretty destructive.
    Plus, you can get larger buckshot type stuff too .
    Good luck getting anything more than buck/birdshot in Ireland, haven't got a snowballs chance in hell of even getting slugs here.
    If a zombie outbreal occurs, I doubt the DoJ are going to be concerned with firearms laws. Reload your own slugs

Mellor wrote: »
    If a zombie outbreal occurs, I doubt the DoJ are going to be concerned with firearms laws. Reload your own slugs

You can't get the powder here to reload them so that's out. In theory you could get it in the north but if you were going to that length you might as well buy slugs off the shelf up there.

This thread has gone so far off topic:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Blay wrote: »
    You can't get the powder here to reload them so that's out. In theory you could get it in the north but if you were going to that length you might as well buy slugs off the shelf up there.

This thread has gone so far off topic:pac:

Roadtrip anyone? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Nonsense. Have you seen the damage a heavy birdshot does at close range to body cavities or heads!

http://www.firearmstactical.com/images/Wound%20Profiles/12%20Gauge%20No%204%20Buckshot.jpg

A zed is not going to walk away from perscription of 12g shot to the face. Even a light bird shot to the knee cap is going to take them out of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    All that is just to your left? I'll be right behind you, because I sure wouldn't want to be standing in front of you!

I've been watching too much of the walking dead and too much dead island :D

BB bird shot would be damaging enough at close range. And face it, a shotgun isn't a long range weapon with birdshot

But yea apart from a crossbow, I could get most of them pretty easily.

I thought that it's a misconception that reloading is illegal. Just that it's very hard to get the necessary permissions. Wouldn't demolition charges be based off a similar stuff anyway.

(I've been away for a bit do maybe DoJ has clarified the legality)

I thought that it's a misconception that reloading is illegal. Just that it's very hard to get the necessary permissions. Wouldn't demolition charges be based off a similar stuff anyway.

Well it's not 'illegal' per se but it's the problem around posession of the powder that blocks it here, there was a pilot scheme in the Midlands range a few months back to see how reloading would go if introduced but they haven't decided on it yet. The explosive bill is due to be finalised soon which could possibly pave the way for it, nobody knows really.

Thread about it over in shooting few months back: www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73915462

Well it's not 'illegal' per se but it's the problem around posession of the powder that blocks it here, there was a pilot scheme in the Midlands range a few months back to see how reloading would go if introduced but they haven't decided on it yet. The explosive bill is due to be finalised soon which could possibly pave the way for it, nobody knows really.

Thread about it over in shooting few months back: www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73915462
    Well if the zombies come I won't be worried about losing my Firearms cert over a load of powder. ;)

Reminds me of a film were some guy hunting vampires reloaded with wooden slugs as an alternative to stakes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 833 ✭✭✭snafuk35

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Nonsense. Have you seen the damage a heavy birdshot does at close range to body cavities or heads!

http://www.firearmstactical.com/images/Wound%20Profiles/12%20Gauge%20No%204%20Buckshot.jpg

A zed is not going to walk away from perscription of 12g shot to the face. Even a light bird shot to the knee cap is going to take them out of action.

I don't want to get in close range with zombies!:D

These rounds will blow off zombie limbs and cut torsos in half.

The zombies will be still alive and will probably try to crawl after you trailing their fly blown intestines but they will not longer be able to walk or run.

You won't be able to get headshots at close range before yellowy and black teeth are chomping into your throat so I figure body shots is the way to go when surrounded by a mob. This ordinance should be able to turn enough of the undead into pink mist and showers of carrion for you to clear a path.

Birdshot in the face might tear off a decaying face but might not put enough pellets into the cranium.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Lummers666

ok getting back on topic the item to my left is a ball of white tac so unless im going to stick them to a wall im a goner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

I enjoyed my move to america......my basement is now stocked full of usefull weapons......my particular favourite would be the twelve gauge and chainsaw.....although the 3 foot axe would be worth holding onto when fuel supplies run out

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

4 used lighters
    broken mp3 player
    pair of slippers
    laser-pen
    telescope
    can of lighter re-filler
    electric fan
    calculator
    battery pack
    ps3
    tv
    chair
    laptop
    digital camera
    mobile phone
    printer
    DVD collection
    24 bottles of Budweiser
    can of petrol

and Macgyver.

A flying, remote control, laser targeting, DVD shooting, flame-throwing, anti-zombie propaganda distributing, Molotov cocktail dropping, ass kicking machine, which will also do your math homework, all from the comfort of wherever the hell I want.

Well I guess I can make do.

Thank you Macgyver.

Of course I would distribute the plans to you all, but Macgyver holds the copyright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Angus MacGyver is a fairly generous guy in all fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

Surround your perimeter with barbed wire in a grid, connected by small stakes in the ground at a height of 1 foot (loose and tight strands). Leave the door open and enjoy a good night's sleep. No copyright on that one, it's all yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mick7_62

For me? My wife..... and her P90!
    23641_111146092248955_100000606954546_128468_4259340_n.jpg

lol awesome!
    is that a 30cal on the tripod there too?

lol awesome!
    is that a 30cal on the tripod there too?

I live in the Republic of Texas, so, yes..... If you look closely, there's also a SMG UZI model A with a Gemtech suppressor laying on the tarp. My M1919A4 is converted to 7.62x51mm NATO, easier to find ammo, and I got über amounts of FN FAL's (interchangeable ammo). The woman loves this kind of stuff.

Oh, yeah: and her Glock17 with suppressor is also laying there.

thats you and the missus sorted for the zombie apocalypse then :D haha class man!

Honestly, the M1919 is just an expensive toy. Too heavy, burns through ammo too quickly. Now the FN P90 is a supreme Zed weapon. 50 round magazine, low recoil for fast followup shots, compact and lightweight, and the ammo is small and lightweight. The reflex sight is good in any light conditions, and can accept an AN PVS-13 night vision monocle. Also, subsonic ammo plus Gemtech suppressor equals total silence, you don't want to alert everyone to what your up to. The 5.7x28mm round is powerful enough to penetrate a Zed head, but not so powerful my four kids couldn't easily use it. With the additional accessory rails on the side, you can mount weapon lights/lasers/etc (not my thing, but possible).

My family has a few of them.

right thats it, feck ireland.. i'm on my way to fort worth for the apocalypse! :D

right thats it, feck ireland.. i'm on my way to fort worth for the apocalypse! :D

Come on! Everyone is welcome here. The wife is Mexican/Puerto Rican with dual US/German citizenship (born in Germany) and raised in Los Angeles, CA.... I'm 100% Northern Irish ancestry, born and raised in Hannibal, MO, and they accepted us here with open arms. Despite our idiot politicians, Texans are good people.

• Advertisement

i've met a few texans alright, sound as a pound :)

Advertisement