Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

aas?

What about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

aas?

Steroids.

You may need liver support if on a harsh oral AAS e.g dianabol or superdrol etc. If not then its a waste of cash!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

What kind of stack should I do when bulking....
    I'm taking creatine, Protein, Weight gainer, Bcaa, Multi Vit and Omega 3....
    Should that be enough or should I add Zma or dessicated liver ??

Bought a tub of Dessicated liver powder once. Very cost effective compared to the tabs, but my god the most foul smelling and tasting substance on the planet! I couldnt find anything to mask its taste!

If you really want to add something for sleep, try ordinary Zinc tablets instead of splashing out on ZMA, take about 40-50mg. a lot cheaper and nice dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Bought a tub of Dessicated liver power once. Very cost effective compared to the tabs, but my god the most foul smelling and tasting substance on the planet! I couldnt find anything to mask its taste!

If you really want to add something for sleep, try ordinary Zinc tablets instead of splashing out on ZMA, take about 40-50mg. a lot cheaper and nice dreams.

Have you ever tasted pure Calcium Ascorbate Crystals (100%pure Vit C) literally the worst thing i can think of!! Horrible stuff altogether but a great diuretic when taken with dandelion root!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

Have you ever tasted pure Calcium Ascorbate Crystals (100%pure Vit C) literally the worst thing i can think of!! Horrible stuff altogether but a great diuretic when taken with dandelion root!

haha no i havent! gonna stay away from it now too then!

tis funny how we can change our eating/taste habits though! couldnt stand cottage cheese, now cant miss a tub as my last meal.

ive always hated fish! but over last couple yrs have progressed from salmon to cod/whiting etc and now i have a can of sardines everyday. still couldnt touch anything that still had a head on it though!

• Advertisement

haha no i havent! gonna stay away from it now too then!

tis funny how we can change our eating/taste habits though! couldnt stand cottage cheese, now cant miss a tub as my last meal.

ive always hated fish! but over last couple yrs have progressed from salmon to cod/whiting etc and now i have a can of sardines everyday. still couldnt touch anything that still had a head on it though!

Mmmm.... cottage cheese with a scoop of protein and some mixed berries blended is gooood!

Haha funny you should say that i had a tin of mackerel the other day and loved it after skipping it for years!

My new favourite last meal is:
    3 TBSP coconut milk
    2 TBSP flaxseed meal
    1 cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt
    ½ scoop whey
    ½ cup fresh raspberries
    and a few drops of vanilla essence

works out around 340 cals and the taste is incredible ha! High fat, high protein, low carb! You cannot go wrong coming up to summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Liam90 wrote: »
    I'm making an order off bulkpowders but am looking to cut costs, so i want to buy unflavoured whey but what does it taste like? As long as its drinkable i don't care.

Personally I'd pay the extra few quid and get flavoured. The unflavoured tastes like sour milk and leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

The money you save on unflavoured, you will probably need to spend on chewing gum or mints anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Charisteas wrote: »
    Personally I'd pay the extra few quid and get flavoured. The unflavoured tastes like sour milk and leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

The money you save on unflavoured, you will probably need to spend on chewing gum or mints anyway!

I buy unflavoured and buy MP liquid flavourings - you can then change it up regularly, cheaply and you can also use them in a multitude of other things.
    As we speak I am eating a pot of cottage cheese with toffee flavouring as my dessert - its kinds like angel delight ( I've never actually tasted angel delight so take this with a pinch of salt ) ;)

BTW - I bought some PW Jaffa Cake stuff as a replacement for some chocolate etc the wife ( and I ) might eat in the eves and I cannot seem to get rid - it's just vile no matter what you mix it with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

What about it?

What are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

buy one get one half price

Optimum Nutrition on Elverys.ie

http://www.elverys.ie/category/Optimum-Nutrition/0000000685

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

nice_guy80 wrote: »

5 pounds 68.95 ****in hell thats a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

nice_guy80 wrote: »

Just checked their prices and its a joke. Even with that offer they only end up roughly on par with most supplement shops. €39.95 for AmiN.O. Energy and €68.95 for a tub of whey... farcical. They're decent on the singular bars and sample sachets though. CGT-10 isn't a bad price either if you get it for half price.

Oisín

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Zombienosh wrote: »
    5 pounds 68.95 ****in hell thats a rip off.

That's ON's current RRP. Must think its gold dust

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

'just sayin...
    not like I'm buying the stuff and sniffing it, or anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

That's ON's current RRP. Must think its gold dust

and that's why I stopped using ON.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I like the new Maximuscle protein shakes in tescos. They're already made up, so no need for mixing powder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Lads, does anyone know if the protein works can be changed to euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

Lads, does anyone know if the protein works can be changed to euro?

Goes into euro when you go to payment method as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

lads
    anyone use ultimate nutrition whey? ive seen it being sold on adverts for €30 per 2.2kg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Been looking for a pre workout and came across this
    http://www.echosupplements.com/department/pre-workout/sci-mx/product/sci-mx-xplode-hardcore-400g/106

Anyone got any feedback on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Been looking for a pre workout and came across this
    http://www.echosupplements.com/department/pre-workout/sci-mx/product/sci-mx-xplode-hardcore-400g/106

Anyone got any feedback on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Try SAW from trecnutrition. I swear by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Regretfully I have to avoid Gluten and dairy for the time being so I have to use vegan based protein. How does this weigh up to compared to non vegan whey protein?
    lhttp://ie.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/brown-rice-protein/10530779.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

bought carnivor by musclemeds.
    looking forward to a change from whey.

why did I buy "blue raspberry" ? why did I think that was a wise move?
    tastes like slush puppy, twice a day :( every day :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

bought carnivor by musclemeds.
    looking forward to a change from whey.

why did I buy "blue raspberry" ? why did I think that was a wise move?
    tastes like slush puppy, twice a day :( every day :(:(

Im using carnivor chocolate and love it......blue raspberry...well ya should have known better:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

xgtdec wrote: »
    Im using carnivor chocolate and love it......blue raspberry...well ya should have known better:p

I know.:o
    would you believe I always buy vanilla whey cos i'm not mad on flavours - even if they nice after a while they become too sweet..

doh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Just picked up a tub of NO-Xplode from BSN, great stuff. Recently used Craze and found it made me feel sick rather than helped my workout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    lads
    anyone use ultimate nutrition whey? ive seen it being sold on adverts for €30 per 2.2kg

I got a chocolate tub. Tastes really nice imo. That's really the only feedback I can give on it thus far (I'm not huuuge yet).

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    lads

Just from q quick google search there it would seem that there is only 21g of protein for every 30g scoop! That's only 70% i wouldn't bother!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Just from q quick google search there it would seem that there is only 21g of protein for every 30g scoop! That's only 70% i wouldn't bother!

25 grams.

Advertisement