Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of fuel in Co.Wexford..Where's the cheapest/dearest fuel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Zerks, any chance of changing the thread title to "Price of fuel in Co.Wexford" so everyone can throw in their prices from around the county. I think there should be a county wide thread. Maybe this could turn into it? There are already posts up from around the county.

Whatcha think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Maybe we'd all be better campaigning for the government to abolish some of the 'carbon tax' and extra excise duties, which they loaded onto motor fuel in recent years, any time the cost dropped down.

All that has achieved is the ratcheting up of prices, when cost of oil increases again. It's inexorable and the most annoying thing as regards tax is that the government cut keep rising as their levies are on a percentage basis. The oil companies add on say 2c a litre and the cost goes up by 3c as VAT etc. has an impact...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

163.9 at Applegreen in Gorey, 162.9 at Great Gas on the Arklow Road. They ususlly track one another so I'd expect Great Gas to go up today. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Woodlands Service Station, Enniscorthy. (Old Shell Station at the bottom of the Bohreen Hill)

Depressing stuff.

TheChevron wrote: »
    Woodlands Service Station, Enniscorthy. (Old Shell Station at the bottom of the Bohreen Hill)

Depressing stuff.

WTF? It's getting out of control and no-one seems to be saying a word about it. The Government's take is massive and has also increased the price over the last few months.:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

There's an interesting table on AA site at http://www.aaireland.ie/AA/Motoring-advice/~/media/Files/AA%20Ireland/Reports/Fuelprices%20history_March%202012.ashx

We got a diesel fueled family car back in 2003 and I well remember that diesel was €0.80 a litre then - it's practically doubled now in 9 years. But go back to 1993/4 and the cost was c€0.70 litre. So it went up 10 cents in that decade 1993-2003 and by 798 cents in the next 9 years......... living in a rural area with teenage kids needs some serious thought these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

In Enniscorthy it doesn't take long for all the filling stations to fall into line with pricing.It was 165.9 in Mace this morning & 167.9 in Donohoes,by this evening,Mace had matched Donohoes price.Then they refute allegations of price fixing in the town:rolleyes:

I'd never get fuel at Woodlands,they are a complete rip-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Cheapest in Enniscorthy is now the Esso on the Island Road. 164.9.

Average price in Enniscorthy is 167.9,saw petrol for sale in Drinagh (petrol station near the Scania garage) Wexford for 163.8: That's the cheapest I've seen in the county for a while.

zerks wrote: »
    Average price in Enniscorthy is 167.9,saw petrol for sale in Drinagh (petrol station near the Scania garage) Wexford for 163.8: That's the cheapest I've seen in the county for a while.

Is that the Applegreen/Drinagh Service Station ??

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is that the Applegreen/Drinagh Service Station ??

Not sure,just copped the price as I drove by,it's beside the entrance to the Coca Cola factory.

zerks wrote: »
    Not sure,just copped the price as I drove by,it's beside the entrance to the Coca Cola factory.

Yeh that's the Drinagh Service Station, that's always the cheapest around town from what I hear/can tell - the most expensive being Rocklands and Kileens - who seem to be always at least 3 cent per litres above everyone else.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

applegreen in ferns is the cheapest ive seen in the county

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

applegreen in ferns is the cheapest ive seen in the county

What price is it in Applegreen Ferns???
    €163.9 at 24 hour petrol station in Drinagh is the best I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭eagerv

RKQ wrote: »

I know it's not County Wexford, but €1.590 for petrol on way into Waterford this morning.

ill check later on and report back

eagerv wrote: »
    I know it's not County Wexford, but €1.590 for petrol on way into Waterford this morning.

Whereabouts?

+1

Whereabouts?

Slieverue.

I see on Pumps.ie that Campus in Castlebridge are €1.599 for petrol.

Hopefully fuel prices will continue to fall, crude is falling nicely. Approx $96 today. Brent crude at $112.

Slieverue.

I see on Pumps.ie that Campus in Castlebridge are €1.599 for petrol.

Hopefully fuel prices will continue to fall, crude is falling nicely. Approx $96 today. Brent crude at $112.

That the place on the left on the way into Waterford - the one before the roundabout for the ring road?

Campus - pumps could be out of date, is it giving todays date for that price?

• Advertisement

That the place on the left on the way into Waterford - the one before the roundabout for the ring road?

Campus - pumps could be out of date, is it giving todays date for that price?

The Garage on the Waterford side of the ring road roundabout. Think it's called the Old Creamery or something similar.

The pumps website is giving todays date for the Caslebridge price. Can anyone passing there confirm it?

The Garage on the Waterford side of the ring road roundabout. Think it's called the Old Creamery or something similar.

The pumps website is giving todays date for the Caslebridge price. Can anyone passing there confirm it?

It is called the Old Creamery,I stop there for fuel most times when I'm in Waterford,it's usually cheaper than anywhere else.

Great to see prices dropping,haven't seen today's prices around Enniscorthy but I doubt they've dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

The Old Creamery / Euro Fuels are also keen prices around for road diesel . I know many hauliers buy from them .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Yes, was €1.599 this evening

diesel was 153.8 in the garage around the corner from the train station in wexford town, 154.8 in the wexford service station up at the racecourse and 155.8 in ferns. i saw it for 169.9 in woodlands garage in enniscorthy, how anyone would be prepared to pay that for diesel is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

O'Dwyers Ballywilliam this evening. Petrol 165.9 . Diesel 155.9

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Xander_82

166.9 in Lambert's Camolin on Saturday.

Was driving through Carlow yesterday. Two garages in Bagenalstown were 162.9!

Just spotted a thread in Bargain Alerts, petrol in Ashford is 159.9c Somebody also reported that it's the same in Carlow.

165.9c at Donohoes in Hempfield & 166.9c at Mace in Bellfield,prices in Enniscorthy town may drop a fair bit to match those I mentioned in the previous paragraph.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

This afternoon in Rackards of Caim. Petrol 162.9, Diesel 155.9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Martin’s Tomnalosset price for petrol has increased to 166.9 this morning!

Texaco and EconFuel in Bunclody both 164.9

Advertisement