Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ooh! Ooh! I voted!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh noze teens act like teens shocker! and thats assuming the OP is not spoofing a bit (or indeed a lot).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I was going to register, but then didnt...........

I honestly couldnt care less about this tbh though.

Local Counselors do so little, something gets done and every single one of them claim 100% of the credit........."Oh look I campaigned to make sure the development in Dun Laoghaire Baths was stopped, obviously it was only my input that affected the council's decision" and utter crap like that.

That said, I wouldnt minded to vote solely to hinder any growth with Libertas (Yes I understand that local elections are not explicitly to do with political parties.........but Libertas................). Would have voted against Fine Gael solely because they put election posters outside my house so Marie Baker's face stares in at my room, and Finne Fáil did the same thing during the general elections with Mary Hanafin, but the difference is, Mary Hanafin doesnt look like a leper.

(Remember guys, local issues............)

Too tired to attempt being acceptably coherent!

I'll vote in Lisbon II (- The Revenge)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Beruthiel wrote: »
    O.M.G.
    Utterly shocking.

Welcome to democracy! Giving the boy who could't pass his Leaving Cert English exam a say in whether a treaty, amending two other treaties governing the organisation, responsibilities and the competencies of a 27 member super national political and economic bloc, is good or bad.
    Fad wrote: »
    I honestly couldnt care less about this tbh though.

Not being condescending, but I respect the fact that you didnt go out of your way to make a stupid decision just cause you "wanted to go be all democratic, due." If you dont care then you should vote imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

When did the politics forum invade C&H :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

mike65 wrote: »
    Oh noze teens act like teens shocker! and thats assuming the OP is not spoofing a bit (or indeed a lot).
    :rolleyes:
    Local Counselors do so little, something gets done and every single one of them claim 100% of the credit........."Oh look I campaigned to make sure the development in Dun Laoghaire Baths was stopped, obviously it was only my input that affected the council's decision" and utter crap like that.

Exxxxxxxxactly :)

Ok guys, calm down. I didn't start this as a thread about whether or not I knew who to vote for. There already is a political forum. Yes, i knew who my number 1 was going to, but not the rest. My point in starting the thread was how I felt it was a bit pointless seeing as we never hear of most of these people voted in again, and just in general I wanted to find how the other teens felt about the whole thing.

• Advertisement

Ok guys, calm down. I didn't start this as a thread about whether or not I knew who to vote for. There already is a political forum. Yes, i knew who my number 1 was going to, but not the rest. My point in starting the thread was how I felt it was a bit pointless seeing as we never hear of most of these people voted in again, and just in general I wanted to find how the other teens felt about the whole thing.
    I wasnt talking about your thread. I was talking about the amount of people jumping in talking about how its a disgrace and young people shouldnt allowed vote if they dont take it 100% serious since local councillours are the end of the world(paraphrasing but still kinda same point i thinks) when we just wanted something light hearted.
    These arguments belong on the politics forum, not somewhere young people want a giggle
    *giggle*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I wasnt talking about your thread. I was talking about the amount of people jumping in talking about how its a disgrace and young people shouldnt allowed vote if they dont take it 100% serious since local councillours are the end of the world(paraphrasing but still kinda same point i thinks) when we just wanted something light hearted.
    These arguments belong on the politics forum, not somewhere young people want a giggle
    *giggle*

O god yes, no no i wasnt quoting your post that way, i was agreeing with it, as in this is a light-hearted forum and not a debate as to how i went about voting :D

Sorry for the confusion, i agree with you 100% :D

Sorry for the confusion, i agree with you 100% :D
    Well theres a phrase I dont hear often..........:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

It's a right to vote what you do with it is your business and no one others. Problem with democracy is that eventually your left full of corrupt selfish and puppet candidates and the only decent ones will never get past the quote.

EDIT: Also the critisers can't talk they did nothing to oust this current group of *insert derogatory term here* into Government so your criticism is void =P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Beruthiel wrote: »
    O.M.G.
    Utterly shocking.
    It makes me shudder to think that anyone would be so irresponsible with how our country is run
    Maybe you should be looking at the government instead of little C&H'ers. Eh?

Anne-Marie!!: Can't beat those picking algorithms! :D :pac:

I didn't vote, I'm not registered, and I won't be voting any time soon either. Here's a shock - I'm not interested in politics. Oh noes!!! whole country dies nao.

I honestly don't give a flying fcúk what way the country is run, I'll be gone in a few years - I'll leave the 'future of the country' up to those who'll be around for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

I don't turn 18 until September, so hopefully the government will wait until the end of the month fo the general election/Lisbon II :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I wont get to vote till after work. Im gonna do my usual wander into the booth, close the curtains and start making sex noises
    You get my No.1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Watersports?....:eek:

Watersports?....:eek:
    How did you know what my policies are :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭holidayhere

dlofnep wrote: »
    I did. Sinn Féin all the way.
    Shame, shame......
    ONly joking, you do what you got to do.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Would have voted against Fine Gael solely because they put election posters outside my house so Marie Baker's face stares in at my room, and Finne Fáil did the same thing during the general elections with Mary Hanafin, but the difference is, Mary Hanafin doesnt look like a leper.
    I really hope you are taking the piss.

This thread is depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Of late all of poiticos have decided to take a Stalinist approach to Boards.ie, and are as such ensuring that our limited world view is forced on everyone else.

Next stop: basketball forum....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I haven't registered to vote yet. I'll get to it eventually.
    Didn't get home till about half 5 anyway and time since then has involved cramming for english and eating. Taking a quick break now.

Tbh I don't have any interest in politics, so I doubt I'll vote unless it's something I feel majorly strong about eg law changes etc.
    That may all change I might gain a sudden interest in politics, doubtful though.

Jonathan wrote: »
    I really hope you are taking the piss.

This thread is depressing.

I was..............

I still wouldnt have voted Fine Gael though :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

I did. Sinn Féin all the way.
    LOL.

Oh your serious!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Oh your serious!

..as a heart-attack.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

kateos2 wrote: »
    I haven't registered to vote yet. I'll get to it eventually.
    Didn't get home till about half 5 anyway and time since then has involved cramming for english and eating. Taking a quick break now.

Tbh I don't have any interest in politics, so I doubt I'll vote unless it's something I feel majorly strong about eg law changes etc.
    That may all change I might gain a sudden interest in politics, doubtful though.
    At least you can't be called for Jury duty ;)
    I was..............

I still wouldnt have voted Fine Gael though :D.
    Heh heh, I would possibly consider even remotely thinking of voting Fine Gael if they got rid of Enda Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

..as a heart-attack.
    Oh right......*snigger*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ah yeah, had a bit of an aul vote today. I can barely remember who I voted for. Think I put down Prionssas(?) de Rossa as first choice for Labour. Deirdre de Búrce was up there somewhere.

For general I can barely remember who I voted for...there was a lot of labour and fine gael there anyway. I also voted (Way down the list though) for an independent candidate who 's profession was "jobseeker and poet". What a ledgend.

So yeah my voting was a mixture of "I honestly think they could do a good job" and "ah yeah, put him down for the craic" (only for the lower votes mind)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Piste wrote: »
    Ah yeah, had a bit of an aul vote today. I can barely remember who I voted for. Think I put down Prionssas(?) de Rossa as first choice for Labour. Deirdre de Búrce was up there somewhere.

For general I can barely remember who I voted for...there was a lot of labour and fine gael there anyway. I also voted (Way down the list though) for an independent candidate who 's profession was "jobseeker and poet". What a ledgend.

So yeah my voting was a mixture of "I honestly think they could do a good job" and "ah yeah, put him down for the craic" (only for the lower votes mind)

Who's this?! Sounds cooool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Piste wrote: »

he looks like a half shaved chewbaca
    mc_chewbacca.jpg
    1289.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I didn't register in time so couldn't vote. Ah well, nobody really stood out as a glaring candidate anyway. Wouldn't have voted for FF though, one thing for sure!

Jonathan wrote: »
    Heh heh, I would possibly consider even remotely thinking of voting Fine Gael if they got rid of Enda Kenny.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

+1

What's everyone's problem with Kenny? Although I saw the Fine Gael party political broadcast and he kept moving his hands while talking. He just looked ridiculous. I thought he was doing sign language as well as speaking at first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

What's everyone's problem with Kenny? Although I saw the Fine Gael party political broadcast and he kept moving his hands while talking. He just looked ridiculous. I thought he was doing sign language as well as speaking at first.
    I dont understand it either. :confused:

Advertisement