Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reggie Watts is a gentleman . .

• 25-01-2012 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Just a cool story (I think) that I wanted to share.

Im a big fan of Reggie Watts but never seen him live, so I was delighted to see he was playing Whelans on the 21st Jan. Of course, being stone broke after Xmas it was only the week of the gig that I had money to get tickets . . . By which time it was totally sold out.

So the day before the gig, after searching gumtree, buy&sell etc & coming up empty... as a last resort I went on the twitter machine and put up a desparate plea for any spare tickets for sale. Didn't think Id get any replys . . .But checked back a couple of hours later...
    & Lo & Behold! I did get a reply!! Not from someone wanting to sell a ticket but from Reggie himself saying he had seen my tweet & was putting me +1 on the guestlist!!

Thought it was a really cool & nice thing to do, spoke to him briefly after his set to thank him and he was really nice & sound. Oh,.. & the gig was hilarious too!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

Missed it myself - was dying to go! Heard great reports of when he was in the Pav in Cork, disgusted I couldn't make it now!

Absolutely hilarious man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ShaneLad

was excellent gig.

Ive watched tons of his stuff on youtube and not once during the gig did he do a bit that I had seen him do before . . Totally improvised & random. Genius!!

407538.jpg

Me , reggie & me burd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭whippetgood

that's savage!!! was at the gig too - was fantastic. what a man!!! the irish song was amazing, I wonder if anyone recorded it would love to hear it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ShaneLad

Its on his CD (Whys $hit so Crazy?) that was on sale at the gig, the song is called "Fields of Donegal", pretty sure its the same song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Didn't know he was playing.

F***in' gutted.

The man is amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭whippetgood

ah brilliant!! will try get myself a copy of it. i'm sure its for sale on his site :pac: did you see him before in the Iveagh Gardens, supporting David O doherty?

Advertisement