Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local bargains and various deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

The 2 for 1 offer in Milanos is back:

http://www.ivenus.com/#/1926

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

buskers/kirbys are doing 3 course meal with a free glass of vino for something like 19.95...choice of three dishes per course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭paconnors

I Seen these offers in O'learys Londis Salthill today.

6 Cans Of Carlsberg (500ml) ABV 3.8% €6.00

6 Cans Of Coors Light (500ml) ABV 4.5% €6.00

Btls of Fostors, Bavaria, Warsteiner €1.00 Each

• Registered Users Posts: 10,197 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Lohan's Off-License in Salthill offer a 10% discount if you sign up to their loyalty card

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Lohan's Off-License in Salthill offer a 10% discount if you sign up to their loyalty card
    Good off license too. They have a pretty good selection of non-standard beers.

Sadly no Electric Soup but then where has?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Off license loyalty card :D

Could cause drunken problems.

Drunk 1: Letsz go getssome beers
    Drunk 2 Yeaahh, don't forgets you loyalty card
    Drunk 1 How dares you question my loyalty *smack*

Robbo wrote: »
    Good off license too. They have a pretty good selection of non-standard beers.

Sadly no Electric Soup but then where has?

"Electric Soup; Coming to an AA Convension near you soon!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,943 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

There's a 2 for the price of one voucher for pizza at Milano in this post :
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59084914&postcount=5791
    Ends March 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

The g hotel and the eye are doing a package: 2 course meal and a trip to the cinema for 29.50 per person....handy if you're looking to treat someone for a birthday or otherwise..not an amazing deal but tis an offer no less.

http://www.theghotel.ie/media/files/g_dinnerMovie.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

The g hotel and the eye are doing a package: 2 course meal and a trip to the cinema for 29.50 per person....handy if you're looking to treat someone for a birthday or otherwise..not an amazing deal but tis an offer no less.

http://www.theghotel.ie/media/files/g_dinnerMovie.pdf

Yeah saw that advertised in the cinema. It's an exceptional offer given the price of food in the G.

• Advertisement

Restaurant in Dunnes Stores Terryland are doing a "Buy one breakfast, get another free" on their 5 piece breakfast priced 5.75. Not a bad price but tbh a hungryyyy person could eat the 2 breakfasts (nyom) - This includes toast and tea/coffee

BEWARE though, they charge 2.05 for a 500ml bottle of water so best to buy your water downstairs first (Yes I know there's a sign saying you can't do this but meh)

buskers/kirbys are doing 3 course meal with a free glass of vino for something like 19.95...choice of three dishes per course.

Don't suppose you got a link to this? Or did you just see it on the window?

-EDIT-

Got a very prompt reply from the G's Events Manager:
    Thank you for your email. Please note that the dinner is in the Lounge
    area. Please find the menu attached. When you decide on a movie, date
    and time please call or email me with that detail along with the number
    of persons you with to reserve for and I will reserve a table for you as
    well as the tickets.

I've attached the menu. It's quite limited but i'm going to give it a go anyhow next week, if purely the fact that I got such a prompt reply.

Starter

Cream of Roasted Tomato Soup
    Finished with Balsamic Vinegar

Smoked Salmon Plate
    Organic Salmon from the Connemara Smokehouse

g – style Presentation of the Classic Caesar Salad
    With Smoked Local Chicken

Main Course

Char Grilled Butterfly of Local Chicken
    Hand Cut Chips and Local Leaves with Balsamic Reduction

Classic Fish ‘n Chips
    Local Fillet of Cod
    Deep Fired in Beer Batter with Chunky Chips

Homemade Tagliatelle Pasta
    In a Sauce of Wild Mushrooms

Dessert

Valrhona Chocolate
    Selection of Chocolate Desserts

Warm Oat Crumble
    Apples & Brown Sugar

Chilled Parfait
    Of Lemon Meringue Pie

Dinner & A Movie Package Includes:

A Starter & A Main Course
    or
    A Main Course & Dessert

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

-EDIT- Just copped that it's the LOUNGE where you'd be eating, so here's the menu: http://www.theghotel.ie/images/File/Day_lounge_food_menu_181008%5B1%5D.pdf

Tried this offer at the end of January...basically, I rang them up a few weeks before to make provisional booking, then when the movies list for the week of reservation was available on the Eye cinema website, I called back and confirmed the time and movie name.
    Arrived at G, wandered around until I found some staff, and was directed to reserved table in the pink room. Half way through the meal, they dropped over the tickets in an envelope. Overall, the service is top notch, but bear in mind its a two course meal so dessert is extra, and the menu itself is pretty limited. Not a fan of the G food meself, but as an experience its pretty fun :)

lampsie

lampsie wrote: »
    Tried this offer at the end of January...basically, I rang them up a few weeks before to make provisional booking, then when the movies list for the week of reservation was available on the Eye cinema website, I called back and confirmed the time and movie name.
    Arrived at G, wandered around until I found some staff, and was directed to reserved table in the pink room. Half way through the meal, they dropped over the tickets in an envelope. Overall, the service is top notch, but bear in mind its a two course meal so dessert is extra, and the menu itself is pretty limited. Not a fan of the G food meself, but as an experience its pretty fun :)

lampsie

Thanks a lot for that - can you choose which lounge you want to go to? Blue Lounge for me I think :p

Yeah I don't think i'd be a big fan of the G (I prefer the old creeky floorboards of Ashford tbh) but as you say, an experience all the same

Never have desert anyhow so wouldn't bother me - Think i'd have to sneek a bottle of Buckie in with me going on the wine prices at the G :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Thanks a lot for that - can you choose which lounge you want to go to? Blue Lounge for me I think :p

No bodger at all....on this, I didn't get asked specifically what room no, and to be honest would have preferred the white room ("oyster" room I think?)...but methinks a simple request when booking and they'll oblige ;)

On the alcohol front...yeh the wine list was opened and promptly closed, and very much a case of bring us two of your finest 7ups please sir!

Lampsie

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

s_carnage wrote: »
    Was down there this evening and they had a few racks with money off but 80% of the stuff in there hadn't anything reduced off at all. Disappointed enough with it cos was hoping to pick up a bargain or two!! :(

Went out to liosban this morning looked like this place was closed but still lots of stock inside,
    anyone know when their open??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

mr biazzi wrote: »
    Went out to liosban this morning looked like this place was closed but still lots of stock inside,
    anyone know when their open??

Same as that, I was there a few weeks back and it was all shut up but then a few days later I was passing by and it was open so went in then. I live down around there so if I'm passing and I see it open I'll post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Tuesday night in the Cellar Bar on eglington st. €5 for a pitcher of fosters, thats 3 pints.

Tuesday night in the Cellar Bar on eglington st. €5 for a pitcher of fosters, thats 3 pints.

They no longer do Fosters, it's Bavaria now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭alexiadexia

Couldn't believe when I saw these in Flair Beauty/ hair supply shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Fantastic Friday’s at the McWilliam Park Hotel
    Dinner for 2, Overnight Accommodation & Full Irish Breakfast

All for Only €99.00 per Couple
    (Subject to Availability)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

From looking at todays Advertiser it would seem N17 (the furniture guys) are opening a N17 Grocery Place with some good bargains by the looks of it! Lots of big brand stuff at half price or less, stuff like, Special K cereal Half price,
    2ltr 7 Up half price, finish dishwasher tablets less than half price etc etc

Citylink are also doing a 5 euro single ticket from Galway to Dublin...for a limited time and to be booked in advance of course!

oh and my personal favourite...

The Skeff this Saturday will be reducing ALL its draught products to €2.61 for the entire day!

Well that solves my problem as to where to watch the match Saturday so!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Citylink are also doing a 5 euro single ticket from Galway to Dublin...for a limited time and to be booked in advance of course!

I can't find the Citylink fare, it's pricing out at normal fares in late march, I can see the ad in the paper but there's nothing on the website about it.

snubbleste wrote: »
    I can't find the Citylink fare, it's pricing out at normal fares in late march, I can see the ad in the paper but there's nothing on the website about it.

Maybe you have to buy direct from their office?

Maybe you have to buy direct from their office?

I'll wait a few days to see if the offer appears on their website, the ad makes out that it's bookable online

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Robbo wrote: »
    Monday-Wednesday last week and the same this week in Marks: Sammich + Crisps + Drink = €2.75

Im just back from the Uk and the same deal there is £2,should make it €2.20 here,when are the UK firms going to give us the proper rate here?

snubbleste wrote: »
    I'll wait a few days to see if the offer appears on their website, the ad makes out that it's bookable online

it should be available online. If it isnt id say il probably just pop into the office and see whats going on coz i might be availing of it myself.
    More tempted by the new direct Go Bus service, direct to dublin in less than three hours.

kinetic wrote: »
    Im just back from the Uk and the same deal there is £2,should make it €2.20 here,when are the UK firms going to give us the proper rate here?

When we drop our energy costs, labour costs, insurance costs, rental costs, local authority charges to UK levels

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

The Skeff this Saturday will be reducing ALL its draught products to €2.61 for the entire day!

Thats sounds promising - is it for real??

Advertisement