Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dehorning older goats

• 11-05-2012 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi All
    Anyone know of a vet who would be able to dehorn a 3 yr old goat?? Munster area, will travel!! (Pet Goat...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gazahayes

Any vets should be able to deal with that. Any particullar reason why you are doing it? Had to dehorn my year old puck the other day as he was dehorned when younger and his horn was growing back in towards his neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ballynag

gazahayes wrote: »
    Any vets should be able to deal with that. Any particullar reason why you are doing it? Had to dehorn my year old puck the other day as he was dehorned when younger and his horn was growing back in towards his neck.
    Thanks for that. Hasnt been a prob till recently, but am afraid he is going to take the eyes out of my 2 yr old son!! My local vets not too interested in goats and I have read that it is a lot more difficult and messy in older goats, needs a general anaesthetic?

Advertisement