Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube/streaming buffering issues

• 06-07-2012 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi, wonder if anybody can help me with this issue. Youtube and most of the videos i try to stream are buffering a lot. So far I tried:
    - rebooting modem, restarting computer
    - run a speed test and getting: 39dl, 3.17ul, 69ping. All ok as I'm on UPC 30MB
    - tried with ethernet and no difference
    - changed the channel on the wireless
    - cleared my cache, done a defrag and updated my version of flash

Any ideas? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Seems to be a UPC issue as others have had problems, see here

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

Having major issues with Youtube and my UPC connection tonight. Really sick of it. 100meg which when I got it first was blown away by how good youtube worked but in last week or two it gone to the dogs.

Resets of router ect do no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

I don't necessarily think it is a UPC issue. I tried it on my friends DSL line and its acting the same

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

I thought it was just me, was having probs loading youtube vids last night, on UPC 30mb. all the speedtests i took were fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Probably just some load management issues on YT's end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Same here on 30mb UPC, youtubes nearly unusable for the last 2 weeks or so

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Works perfectly fine for me in Dublin 1 (UPC 25 Mbps).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

blaz wrote: »
    Works perfectly fine for me in Dublin 1 (UPC 25 Mbps).
    25 Mb UPC here, deffo slow load times on tubeyoob, I suspected it was YouTube itself due to the weird buffering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Absolutely dire for me last night. Even low bandwidth streams just wouldn't play. Occasionally a F5 refresh would fix it instantly but mostly Youtube was completely unwatchable. UPC 30Meg

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ckpt

UPC is experiencing this all across Europe. I'm from Vienna, Austria, have a 20Mb UPC connection and can't watch Youtube for sh*t. It's been going on for the last week and a half or so...

• Advertisement
Advertisement