Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EBAY non payment what to do?

• 19-04-2012 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

hi,

i have two cases on ebay at the moment. i sold two items that have not been paid for.

1. about two months ago the buyer won an auction and never paid i mailed him numerous times and he wrote back saying he would pay the next day but now all communication lost. he has 0 feedback so probably will never pay.

2. buyer won an auction never paid around 3 weeks ago never got in touch with me after 5 or messages the buyer has since bought and paid for other items from looking at his feedback i have since relisted and sold the item.

the question is should i report a problem? leave negative feedback? or just put it down as unlucky.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You can't leave negative feedback. You should file a non paying bidder case in order to get your fees back, otherwise eBay will still charge you the final valuation fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

jor el wrote: »
    You can't leave negative feedback. You should file a non paying bidder case in order to get your fees back, otherwise eBay will still charge you the final valuation fee.

Jor el is correct, you are still charged the fee which is a percentage of the final sale price so in order to get that back you need to go to the RESOLUTION CENTER and raise a case to get those fees refunded to you.

This happens quite often especially with people with 0 feedback, you can prevent people with 0 feedback bidding on your items during the listing there is an option to do this.

Also what i find handy is that you can setup your account to automatically raise a case after 4 or 5 days if you havent recieved the payment and it will close the case 4 or 5 days later if no payment is recieved and you dont have to worry about chasing people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭ei9go

Set up the automatic ebay unpaid item assistant.

Ebay will then do the lot for you after as little as four days and give you the final fee credit.

Advertisement