Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft PC vs Xbox

• 21-05-2012 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hello Guys what should I get minecraft on xbox or pc...I have a few friends on xbox who play it but I don't no anybody who plays on PC
    So what do you guys think I should get .

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

I had the same dilemma, on the plus side for the xbox, you don't need to worry about system specs to run it and there isn't any bother connecting to friends and as you say you have a few friends on it.

However, the big selling point on me for the oc was the amount of amazing mods you can get for it, i'm curretly using the tekkit mod which adds in so much more to the game and there are countless other brilliant mods. Its not too difficult to find a decent community to join on the pc either if you would prefer playing it with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Guys there is no question, get Minecraft for PC.

Its so much more enjoyable , the community is so much more established on the PC, Adding Mods is interesting and playing on SMP is brilliant.

When i bought MC i didn't have any friends playing it. Sure enough they soon followed me on to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Definitely get it for pc for the mods alone, plus you don't get an infinite world on the 360 version.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

PC

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Might be more enjoyable with real life freinds

So go with the Xbox even though the PC is better all round

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

mossy95 wrote: »
    Might be more enjoyable with real life freinds

So go with the Xbox even though the PC is better all round

No offence but this is the most retarded comment ever. REAL FRIENDS? I'm sorry but I play PC games more than Xbox games, and I have more 'real friends' on PC than I do on Xbox. What a daft thing to say to justify platform choice.

IMO Xbox for comfort but PC has modding, textures and more flexible options for both single and multiplayer modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I'm thoroughly enjoying this on the Xbox. Only got it a week ago and have been playing 3 player split screen. I've surprised myself with some of the stuff we've built!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

No offence but this is the most retarded comment ever. REAL FRIENDS? I'm sorry but I play PC games more than Xbox games, and I have more 'real friends' on PC than I do on Xbox. What a daft thing to say to justify platform choice.

IMO Xbox for comfort but PC has modding, textures and more flexible options for both single and multiplayer modes.

I think you misunderstood what Mossy said.. OP said none of his friends have the PC version and some have the xbox version. Mossy just said it makes more sense for OP to get it on the xbox cause he can play with his real life friends other than people he meets on here and stuff. It might be more enjoyable that way and I completely agree. I've never enjoyed playing with strangers as much as with my friends.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Well ain't I the retard. My mistake. Mossy I apologize, was out of line.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I can understand the convenience of xbox and if I had one I would buy MC on that too just because my pc is a 7yr old relic:pac: But xbox vs good pc, I would choose pc, I would have to learn whole new control setup for xbox and have no real advantage at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

PC. Why? Among other reasons, you can use a mouse. So much more accurate then a Xbox controller

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭fusuf

I have played both. I played 360 version for about a month with my friends until i bought pc version. the pc version is way better. The only thing i like about the 360 version is the controller and the seamless frame rate. But it's way outdated and needs to get creative mode, texture packs etc. mind you the 360 will never be able to hold servers the size of the pc version can. get the pc version if you've a good pc!

Advertisement