Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom email and Ipad

• 18-12-2011 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

does anyone know what settings to use when setting up Eircom Email on an Ipad,

Ive put in webmail.eircom.net , username and password and still wont work :(
    Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭irishgeo

tech wrote: »

Tks
    It's thought It was mail. Eircom. Net

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

tech wrote: »

Tks

Its on the front page of the eircom support site:

http://support.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=98&E=0000000000315356978&K=6746&Sxi=15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭tech

yes but webmail.eircom.net dosent work!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cat5

IMO I wouldnt use pop mail with an ipad or phone..I'd use a Gmail account and set it up to pick up the pop mail.. tip..While setting it up dont install the mail account from the gmail icon click Microsoft exchange and use m.google.com as your server..This way all your contacts and e mails will syncronise..
    ps before you do any of this get your device to sync with itunes and sync contacts with your google account.. when all your contacts are on the google account proceed with above.. This is especially good with iphone as contacts are prob that bit more important on a phone (happens automatically on android)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Cat5 wrote: »
    IMO I wouldnt use pop mail with an ipad or phone..I'd use a Gmail account and set it up to pick up the pop mail.. tip..While setting it up dont install the mail account from the gmail icon click Microsoft exchange and use m.google.com as your server..This way all your contacts and e mails will syncronise..
    ps before you do any of this get your device to sync with itunes and sync contacts with your google account.. when all your contacts are on the google account proceed with above.. This is especially good with iphone as contacts are prob that bit more important on a phone (happens automatically on android)

sound advice, and I do the same, but it might be easier for the OP to use their existing meail service, and use Apple's iCloud to do the syncing stuff....it is quite effective I found

For the OP, to ask the obvious question, are you sure that the username & password are correct? Have you tried them on your browser by going to webmail.eircom.net?

Also, what outgoing server settings are you using? Has to be your ISP's outgoing SMTP mail server...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭jamesd

Setup as IMAP

Incoming mail server is : webmail.eircom.net
    username is your 1st part of your email address before the @eircom.net piece so it would be tech not tech@eircom.net
    Password is the same as you use online to access email

Outgoing is dependant on your internet provider -who are you with?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 easilyled

I have my incoming mail working but I'm with three network and cant get my outgoing mail to work.

Any ideas? so frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

easilyled wrote: »
    I have my incoming mail working but I'm with three network and cant get my outgoing mail to work.

Any ideas? so frustrating

See this thread : http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056009099

I don't know wheter the smtp server will work, or you must use their app

Advertisement