Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Specifications for UEFA program

• 04-05-2012 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭

UEFA.com has a coaching program that has an animator to make 3D drills and stuff.

The specifications to run this include:

TactX requires the following specification to run:
    a) A PC with Microsoft Windows XP or above
    b) Processor: 2GHz (3GHz recommended)
    c) RAM: 1024MB
    d) Video Card: 256MB RAM
    e) Software: Java 1.6 (most up to date version is recommended)

It didn't work on the first laptop I tried and I thought it might have been a java problem. I didn't check the processor on it but I'm guessing it's not very good because it's an old laptop.
    I tried my sister's laptop and was surprised I got the same problem. It's a fairly new HP that has an i7 and 1.6gHz processor. I'm shocked it's not a 2.0 gHz processor.

So what price range would laptops be for a 2.0gHz processor?

I'm a Mac user and have 2.1gHz processor but it won't run java. :(

Just can't win!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Perhaps this would be better in the laptop forum? Don't wanna go cross posting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭NilByMouth

maybe try a windows emulator on your mac??

NilByMouth wrote: »
    maybe try a windows emulator on your mac??

Like bootcamp? Good idea.

I'm seriously considering it. I read up on it but it sounds a bit daunting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Mars Bar wrote: »
    It didn't work on the first laptop I tried and I thought it might have been a java problem. I didn't check the processor on it but I'm guessing it's not very good because it's an old laptop.
    Why did it not work? What did it say? You did install Java?
    I tried my sister's laptop and was surprised I got the same problem. It's a fairly new HP that has an i7 and 1.6gHz processor. I'm shocked it's not a 2.0 gHz processor.
    That i7s clock starts at 1.6 and turbos up to 2.8 or more (whatever, right), like this one

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

That i7s clock starts at 1.6 and turbos up to 2.8 or more (whatever, right), like this one

I think Apple deploy Java on the Macs and it has differences than other versions as a result and it also doesn't get updated as frequently.
    Re the bootcamp, the only daunting thing is the price of Windows! :P, I think installing Windows through the bootcamp wizard is fairly simple

Nick

• Advertisement

yoyo wrote: »
    I think Apple deploy Java on the Macs and it has differences than other versions as a result and it also doesn't get updated as frequently.
    Re the bootcamp, the only daunting thing is the price of Windows! :P, I think installing Windows through the bootcamp wizard is fairly simple

Nick

My sister has Windows 7 but apparently Mac 10.5.8 can't handle Windows 7 in Bootcamp. That would mean trying to source a Vista or XP CD.

This is really pissing me off!

Dunno why I didn't work. The laptop is running Windows XP 2002 and it's a very slow laptop. I don't think it has the RAM or graphics card to run it to be honest. I updated the Java and got the same result as on my sisters laptop.

So it should work on hers?

I updated the Java on hers too and still nothing. Might give it another go later...

I'm in an internet cafe at the moment and had it working for a while on a Phillips iQon with 1.6gHz and .98gB of RAM.

By that standard, it should be working on my sisters HP Pavilion.

What video card does your sister and your machine have? If there both Integrated (Intel HD/GMA etc.) they may not be compatible, as the specs above state 256MB video they may mean a dedicated GPU is required. You could also try updating the video card drivers on your sisters machine

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    What video card does your sister and your machine have? If there both Integrated (Intel HD/GMA etc.) they may not be compatible, as the specs above state 256MB video they may mean a dedicated GPU is required. You could also try updating the video card drivers on your sisters machine

Nick

It's an NVIDIA Geforce GT 230m from what I gather. Is that integrated?

• Advertisement

It's an NVIDIA Geforce GT 230m from what I gather. Is that integrated?

That should be fine. Its a bit of a weird one, I'm not familiar with the site my self so I don't know how intensive it is, it should work on the HP/Mac though

Nick

Updated the driver on my sisters laptop and it's now working. :D
    Gonna see if I can do that with the other laptop but I don't hold out much hope for it.

Advertisement