Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Yeah thats what it means. Hmmm didn't realise there was such a difference in opinions between the orange drinks! I don't like orange so i'm clueless

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Orangina > Britvic 55 > Finches > Club > Fanta > Lucozade orange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Tropicana > everything

Had a great night at Lansdowne Road. Hopefully I have an ever better night when the play-offs come around. I guess tonight was when terrible handball decisions were in our favour.

Lansdowne Road.
    Nice to see it being called that for a change.

While I dislike the fact that large companies have the ability to buy things like the names of national stadia, I particularly hate the way people facilitate it by referring to it as such - no questions asked.

It's Lansdowne Road, and has been for years. Why the sudden need to change just to suit an insurance company?

Oh and it's The Point Depot. RIGHT!

Particularly given that Aviva's deal will run out and it will change to the Guinness Stadium or the Tom's Corner Shop Stadium!

• Advertisement

Well the solution is for a rich person to register a company called Croke Park Ltd. and sponsor the stadium, and bu doing so, get the name changed to The Croke Park Stadium just to wreck everyone's head.

bah! I wish i'd remembered my developer was off today, and stayed at home instead. need the break

bah! I wish i'd remembered my developer was off today, and stayed at home instead. need the break

Now that is a first world problem :pac:

I've been working different hours this week. Starting and finishing an hour early. Feels weird being finished at this hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Now that is a first world problem :pac:

I've been working different hours this week. Starting and finishing an hour early. Feels weird being finished at this hour.
    Your body clock must be all over the place :pac:

PaulieC wrote: »
    Your body clock must be all over the place :pac:

Ha! It has ruined the extreme timetabling of my life that I had going on. Roll on next week and the end of this "finished at 4" madness :pac:

• Advertisement

Ha! It has ruined the extreme timetabling of my life that I had going on. Roll on next week and the end of this "finished at 4" madness :pac:

and you say mine was a first world problem.... at least i'm complaining cause i need a break, you're just complaining cause you've work different hours!

you should've said, I could've met you after work for a walk. went for one myself there.

and you say mine was a first world problem.... at least i'm complaining cause i need a break, you're just complaining cause you've work different hours!

you should've said, I could've met you after work for a walk. went for one myself there.

Well I can still walk tomorrow! I hope....

I actually needed to clean up the apartment. Phase one of the clean up is complete. Phase 2 to begin soon. I only found out on Monday evening about the different hours for the 4 days this week. Yesterday was the match, today is operation: hoover and mop apartment. Tomorrow can be "A Walk To Remember" :pac:

I actually needed to clean up the apartment. Phase one of the clean up is complete. Phase 2 to begin soon. I only found out on Monday evening about the different hours for the 4 days this week. Yesterday was the match, today is operation: hoover and mop apartment. Tomorrow can be "A Walk To Remember" :pac:

If I want to go tomorrow :cool:

i'll have time to squeeze you in for a walk tomorrow so. you wont want to go straight after work will you?

If I want to go tomorrow :cool:

i'll have time to squeeze you in for a walk tomorrow so. you wont want to go straight after work will you?

No because I'll be in work clothes and will want to get changed. So I'd be better heading home first.

Depends what suits you though too.

No because I'll be in work clothes and will want to get changed. So I'd be better heading home first.

Depends what suits you though too.

we're back to the original problem so. later won't really do for me. weekend maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Can we keep the personal conversations/arrangement making to PM please folks.

Cheers.

Is it possible to be off topic in an off-topic thread? :eek::eek::eek: The walk chat was longer than I thought it would be (that's what she said :P)

This isn't arguing with a mod fyi, just easing us back to random shít talk!

So....Aviva Stadium or Lansdowne Road? :pac:

Not really but this thread is for everyone and I dont reckon other users are particularly interested to read a conversation between two people making plans.
    :)

I reckon you are right on your earlier point tbh.Aviva's sponsorship will run out eventually and it will Id imagine be renamed again,particularly if they go ahead with the rumored out sourcing of a large percentage of their Irish work force.

so how about that weather/news piece then? not sure what we can talk about if there's no personal stuff allowed :confused:

so how about that weather/news piece then? not sure what we can talk about if there's no personal stuff allowed :confused:

Is it really necessary to act like a child with a slapped arse?

As I said above,this thread is for everyone,a conversation between two people making plans for doing things in real life is by its very definition exclusionary to everyone else and is better suited to PM.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

giggle

Is it really necessary to act like a child with a slapped arse?

As I said above,this thread is for everyone,a conversation between two people making plans for doing things in real life is by its very definition exclusionary to everyone else and is better suited to PM.

I get that discussing personal plans is a little off, fair point, I was just wondering was it anything personal or what, as that'd get a bit difficult I'd say. Your post with the clarification in it was posted at the same time my post was, so obviously I didn't see it. No need to jump down my throat over it.
    Is it possible to be off topic in an off-topic thread? :eek::eek::eek: The walk chat was longer than I thought it would be (that's what she said :P)

This isn't arguing with a mod fyi, just easing us back to random shít talk!

So....Aviva Stadium or Lansdowne Road? :pac:

I don't know either tbh, they could've been two different stadia for all I knew! Does seem silly to have a stadium named by the people who happen to be sponsoring it at the time, surely the name should be permanent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I don't know either tbh, they could've been two different stadia for all I knew! Does seem silly to have a stadium named by the people who happen to be sponsoring it at the time, surely the name should be permanent.

It happens all the time across America and recently in England.

Only a matter of time before it started happening here.

It happens all the time across America and recently in England.

Only a matter of time before it started happening here.

really? hmm, weird. I would've assumed it was more common to name them permanently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I think drinks companies in the USA used it to get around not being able to sponsor events or tours or something like that. They are the main'uns that do it.

I think drinks companies in the USA used it to get around not being able to sponsor events or tours or something like that. They are the main'uns that do it.

ah I see. sneaky sneaky. I'd be the Aviva will have some drink sponsor next time so.

Look at me I'm Otis

:pac:

You wish.

Sky King wrote: »
    You wish.
    I know :(

• Advertisement

Me too. He is such a dreamboat.