Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

hdowney wrote: »
    Is it a glitter polish? Glitter polishes are THE WORST. Different levels of ick I have found, but some take FOREVER to come off, you be near ripping at your nails to get it off and have billions of bits of the cotton from the pad stuck to your nails :(
    Yeah it is a glitter polish. Luckily the polish came away after leaving the cotton pad and foil on for about 3-5 minutes.

I put some sugar and fresh lemon juice into a bowl and dipped my finger tips
    in for a minute and the blue staining has gone now.

I still have tiny little flecks of glitter around my cuticles, but they'll wash off anyway.

Will be a long while before I wear Atlantis again I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Yeah it is a glitter polish. Luckily the polish came away after leaving the cotton pad and foil on for about 3-5 minutes.

I put some sugar and fresh lemon juice into a bowl and dipped my finger tips
    in for a minute and the blue staining has gone now.

I still have tiny little flecks of glitter around my cuticles, but they'll wash off anyway.

Will be a long while before I wear Atlantis again I think.

I know the feeling. The electric greeny yellow Catrice I have (canni remember the name) stained my nails something rotten. Mind I couldn't find my basecoat and was stubborn enough to want to wear the polish anyway so it was kinda my own fault.

I think I am getting used to this barbie pink, it is still very BARBIE!!! tho, compared to other pinks I have!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Here's my nails for the last few days, have gotten into a horrible habit of not being able to resist changing nail color every day..

http://db.tt/7N4L2zBm
    Angelica Lemoncello

http://db.tt/KkGCp7dv
    A blue Angelica polish, dont have the sticker with the name anymore, with a coat of Essence Make it golden

http://db.tt/YmycrCQ5
    Essence Iced Latte with a cheapy, nameless golden/champagne topcoat

Apologies for the terrible photo quality :o

At the moment I have Rimmel Lasting finish in Posh Trash on, its one of my favorite polishes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Gave myself a panda manicure last night :p the panda on my left hand didn't fare so well :o

28836161.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Got Shellac done for the first time today, love it! So shiny!

9B307CD1-99E4-43C0-93AD-545CFBC8FE14-153-00000007BF6FA86B.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Twee. wrote: »
    Got Shellac done for the first time today, love it! So shiny!

Oh my god i LOVE your ring!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Thank you! Opal is my birthstone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Does anyone here use Seche Vite? I'd like to know if it's worth all the poisonous stuff that's in it before buying it. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

suomi wrote: »
    Does anyone here use Seche Vite? I'd like to know if it's worth all the poisonous stuff that's in it before buying it. :p

I have it. HATE IT! When I try to seal my tips to stop it shrinking (it shrinks your manicure a lot!) it sticks to my skin and goes all gloopy so I have to get a cuticle pusher to gouge it off. Do not recommend it. It does dry quickly but if your manicure is still a bit wet you can slide the manicure off of your nail!
    It does leave a nice shine though :) But I have heard rave reviews about Essence Better than Gel topcoat

Oh yeah, I've heard about the shrinking problems before. That doesn't sound great, maybe I'll get something else. :o I have a looooong list of all the Essence polishes I'm planning on buying the next time I'm in Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

musical.x wrote: »
    But I have heard rave reviews about Essence Better than Gel topcoat

I have that and I'm not mad about it. It definitely has a great shine, but it takes FOREVER to dry and I find it always stays...not tacky but...soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I just use an essence quick dry top coat. Nothing spectacular but it does seem to dry at a reasonable rate which suits me

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Bought some Konad stamping plates today, dying to try them out! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I had a bottle of Seche Vite, used 1/4 of it and it went thick and gloopy, couldn't use it after that, so had to bin it. I got mine as a present, I would have been furious if I'd paid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I use the Catrice top coat - does the job well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I use Seche Vite. Assuming I haven't put my manicure on too thick or applied the SV too thick then I haven't experienced any shrinkage. I love it.

I had a Shellac manicure and pedicure done today before my holiday on monday.

Got the CND tropix colour on both fingers and toes. Lovely and bright :)

cnd_shellac_tropix.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Love my seche vite, dries my polish really quickly & gives an amazing laminated looking shine. Use it every time I paint my nails. I've never come across a quick dry topcoat that had any sort of noticeable effect on drying time before (in fact had 'quick dry top coats' filed under 'Beauty Boll*cks' in my head along with creams that give you a smaller ass etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I've been using China Glaze ; Fast Freeze topcoat. I loooove it, it does the job and has a nice shine. I have tried Sally Hansen - Insta Dri, Nails Inc topcoats, Essence and OPI in the past and they're not half as good as Fast Freeze :).

Thanks for the replies everyone! :) I've heard about that China Glaze top coat before, apparently it's a lot like Seche Vite, except without all the bad stuff that's in SV. I think that's what I'm going to get!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Sally Hansen Insta Dri (red bottle) is brilliant - gives the same finish as Seche Vite and I've never gotten any shrinkage. They are buy 1 get 1 half price in boots at the moment and triple points!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I had a Shellac manicure and pedicure done today before my holiday on monday.
    Would love this for my hols next month too. If anyone hears of any Shellac deals going in Dublin could you post or PM thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Essie Sure Shot going on my nails right now. Love this colour - a vibrant metallic pink. (Picture from the PolishAholic blog)

Essie+Sure+Shot+2.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I picked up Barielle Pink Revolution in TK Maxx, Galway today for 12.99. I have wanted some vibrant pinks for a while and wanted to try this range since it is free of some of the usual nasties found in nail polish.

I'll post a photo later.

3DFD67E1-C03E-4ECE-9516-9BD2F4A9121C-1373-000001C7F04163A1.jpg

From l-r - Pretty Pink, Cotton Candy, Princess, Now That's Hot, Sailor's Delight.

Consistency was a bit runnier than I like but I like the way it dried. Might go back and get another kit :)

I was dithering between the Gemstone Earth and this one. They also had another pink/nude kit.

(And some Serena Williams OPI, Nicole OPI, Nails Inc, Colour Club.)

Essence choose me with barry m Aqua glitter on top. Way nicer than in the photo I must say

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/217450.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ Charlee Flaky Stipend

I tried the Velvet manicure from Original Sugar the other day. Liked it a lot more than I thought I would and it's sturdier than it looks, it doesn't fall off all over the place like I thought it would!

Original+Sugar+Velvet+Manicure+%5B7%5D.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ Charlee Flaky Stipend

Velvet nails. I'm loving them!

Oooh I love the colour of yours, very vampy! What powder is that? x

It's the ciate one in plum. The polish that comes with it is actually a gorgeous colour .It's called caberet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

I haven't posted in a while. Here's Barry M denim topped with WingDustCollections Jazzberry Pie :)

Jazzberry+pie+nail+polish+swatches+(3).JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Bought myself some basics on ebay.

CND Stickey which is a base coat I have read good reviews on:

cnd-stickey-base-coat-en.jpg

and another bottle of Seche Vite as a quick dry top coat:

10365484-1344440480-484822.jpg

Also purchased Essence Irreplaceable (in the new shaped bottle) (not my photo):

03-essence-irreplaceable-nail-polish%25255B4%25255D.jpg

Finally, I got my Shellac done yesterday. Rubble with a gold glitter topcoat on the ring fingers. It's a nice mushroom brown colour (not my photo):

rubble_cndshellac.jpg

Advertisement