Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Obtrusive Virus/Malware in Firefox browser (Dealply)

• 15-08-2012 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I'm wondering if anybody can help me.
    over the last few days, I have noticed that I have a pop up appearing every now and then when I am online.

I also noticed that when I open my firefox, I see in the bottom right hand corner that it seems to be shuffling through various sites. It ends on dealply.com. It seems that the whole browser is slowing down after a few minutes. After a few hours of study, I know that it seems to be some kind of malware and I have gathered as much info as possible on the problem but there doesn't seem to be a conclusive fix for this. but although I have tried about 5 different malware programs and spy-ware programs, it still seems to be there.

I have come across this but I'm not sure if I should use it as it seems to good to be true. http://www.spyware-review.net/remove-dealply/
    Also on the Dealply site they clam to have this diagnosis but again I don't trust it as they are asking you to download another program. http://www.dealply.com/diagnosis/

I have looked at this Dealply site and they claim that they can remove all parts of the program but I don't trust them at this stage.

I have enough basic knowledge to give removal a decent go but so far my efforts have failed. I don't wish to go any further without some help so if anybody can help me out, I'd be grateful.

My operating system is Windows Home edition 64 service pack 1.
    My computer is an Acer Aspire M3910 with an Intel Core i3 CPU 550 @3.20GHz.

My browser is Firefox 14.0.1
    I also have IE 8.0.7601.17514 but I don't use it.

Comments

Advertisement