Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

keithgeo wrote: »
    Got this today.. insert da-da-daa-da! noise here...

IMG_0153.jpg

I didn't know they had anything cool in there.

I've registered anything since they wiped out all my points I'd accumulated back in the gamecube days without telling me.

Going through a stack of games and stuff now... urgh.. you have to fill in a questionnaire each time?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yeah that questionnaire is extremely annoying.

I'm covered in so much silver gunk from scratching these things off I could do a sexy dance in a James Bond intro...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Is there something in the stars catalog you want? After losing about 1500 stars or so simply because they went out of date, I wont be scratchin' em until I see something I want.

Last thing I got was one of those little red Pikmin plush things. Pretty cool, but I'm not sure it was worth all that scratching/filling out questionnaires!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Is there something in the stars catalog you want? After losing about 1500 stars or so simply because they went out of date, I wont be scratchin' em until I see something I want.

The stars go out of date as well if not used. If it's a game they no longer want marketing info for, like something that sells bad like Fire Emblem, then the stars become obsolete. I found this out to my dismay recently :'(

• Advertisement

My original Twilight Princess code was still valid anyway... can't get much older than that on the Wii...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If it's a game they still expect sales from like their most popular franchises then they are usually alright.

I wept however when I discovered that my Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland stars weren't valid :'(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Picked up a new copy of Big Bang Mini for the DS for the princely sum of €4.99 in Gamestop Clarehall!
    Nice!
    Better for someone else is the pre-owned copy they have for about €3.99 as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Finnally picked up Mario3DLand on 3DS for the sum of €32.99, supposedly second hand in HMV but it's sealed:)
    Also got my son Cars 2 & Toy Story 3 both on DS for €11 each.

For anyone looking there's a copy of Dodonpachi Resurrection for €12.99 in Game in the Square.
    Also there is a UMD of Akira for €5.99 in Gamestop in the Square. Was gonna buy it but with the impending release of the Vita I may have to trade in all my PSP stuff to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Eventually, everyone regrets a hasty trade-in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Picked up Blur for the 360 for 11.98 new.
    Also, seeing as it on the PS2 and the sequel on the 3ds, I got a lovely preowned copy of Okami for the Wii for 7.99 with the nice art on an additional sleeve. All in Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Got me a Dreamcast Vga box today so I can hook one up to Cab.

bnkl3.jpg
    Holy Crap..the difference in Visuals is crazy.First time I've seen a DC through VGA. Soul Caliber looks like a 360 game!My jaw actually dropped.
    How the hell did I stand for that RF back in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Got me a Dreamcast Vga box today so I can hook one up to Cab.

bnkl3.jpg
    Holy Crap..the difference in Visuals is crazy.First time I've seen a DC through VGA. Soul Caliber looks like a 360 game!My jaw actually dropped.
    How the hell did I stand for that RF back in the day

Some difference all right. I was lucky enough to have a VGA box back in the day(still have it in fact, hooked up to my cab).

I never had it on Rf though, that's nasty :rolleyes:

Yeah It makes the graphics look like a TV channel not tuned in properly.
    And I never new any better back then...shocking.

Now for the padhacks..you done that yet Steve?

Yeah It makes the graphics look like a TV channel not tuned in properly.
    And I never new any better back then...shocking.

Now for the padhacks..you done that yet Steve?

I got them done by a guy in the states. He's on Arcade Otaku and he used the Mad Catz Dream Pad's I sent him to make the hack.
    Can't remember his name off the top of my head but I think others here have used him as well for 360 hacks.

This kind of pad, although mine were coloured.
    dreamcast_mad-catz-controller_3606.jpg

Probably the same dude I am looking at on AO
    Hunami or some name like that
    Just buy madcatz pads on ebay and send to him.
    Quick turn around was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Picked up God Hand myself today, in CEX. Looks to be an unused copy so pleased with that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Probably the same dude I am looking at on AO
    Hunami or some name like that
    Just buy madcatz pads on ebay and send to him.
    Quick turn around was it?

HarumaN is his ID, you can also get him to buy the pads for you and he just adds them to the overall price - if you don't already have the pads then that would probably the cheaper and faster option I reckon. Think he has a pic of the DC hack on his thread on AO.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    HarumaN is his ID, you can also get him to buy the pads for you and he just adds them to the overall price - if you don't already have the pads then that would probably the cheaper and faster option I reckon. Think he has a pic of the DC hack on his thread on AO.

Yeah, make sure to go for the Dreamcast MadCatz Pad hack as the L and R triggers are already digital in that pad and apparently have less lag than the official pad hack.

Edit:
    I see he does Saturn pads as well. Might be worth looking into.
    What are the connectivity options to hook a Saturn up to an arcade monitor though?

Yeah will go for Madcatz pad cheers.
    Mmmm I'd Love a Saturn connected to cab
    I've seen some all in one box solutions for jamma conenction knocking around before...very pricey though
    Otherwise I think you can hack the scart cable for A/V

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

I got a null modem last night.
    What does this mean?
    I can download files at a whopping 2400bps on the IBM XT.
    IMG_5854.jpg

:cool:

As another Dale once said, "Go Flash, Go! "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Went to a market today, saw these and was like "ooohhhhh...."
    BatmanKungFutop.jpg
    But then I looked closer at them and was like "Agh!"
    BatmanKungFufronton.jpg
    BatmanKungFufull.jpg
    The guy selling them said they were out in his shed for the past few years and were just bunched together. He had a few other NES games as well but those two were actually the best condition NES games he had! Both games play perfectly when I popped them into the NES but it's a real a real pity about the covers. Also the manuals are like bricks now so I don't think I'll bother trying to open them.

Also from the same chap :
    GameGearGames-NinjaGaidenSonic2.jpg
    These are working fine and are both in perfect condition.

Just won Chibi Robo: Park Patrol for the DS, as a companion for the Chibi Robo I picked up last week for the GC, which is nice!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Steve SI wrote: »
    My old school Casio F-91W watches arrived today. I'd forgotten how light they were and that green bulb that lights up the screen, old school.

I love it :D

got one of these today
    Its fake as hell (didnt spend much so not bothered), and oddly enough the back light can be customized by holding down the light button , leave it on too long and it flashes every colour at an alarming rate , like some sort of tiny disco backlight.
    Its funny though that someone out there is making a fake version of a really cheap watch.(and adding a set multicoloued LEDS).
    Just remind me to take it off if I'm going through US customs though...

got one of these today
    Its fake as hell (didnt spend much so not bothered), and oddly enough the back light can be customized by holding down the light button , leave it on too long and it flashes every colour at an alarming rate , like some sort of tiny disco backlight.
    Its funny though that someone out there is making a fake version of a really cheap watch.(and adding a set multicoloued LEDS).
    Just remind me to take it off if I'm going through US customs though...

There's a huge market for cheap fakes of cheap watches.
    A dollar cheaper can make a massive difference in some countries(like China).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just won Chibi Robo: Park Patrol for the DS, as a companion for the Chibi Robo I picked up last week for the GC, which is nice!
    I really enjoyed CRPP and Retr0 got it as well the other week, need to get a copy myself soon.

Hooray!
    Puzzle Bobble for the Wonderswan just turned up this morning!
    Not an Italian ball bag hair in sight!
    Works too!
    Nicely boxed, everything in perfect condition.
    Plays nicely as well.

Now...
    What feedback to I leave him???

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hooray!
    Puzzle Bobble for the Wonderswan just turned up this morning!
    Not an Italian ball bag hair in sight!
    Works too!
    Nicely boxed, everything in perfect condition.
    Plays nicely as well.

Now...
    What feedback to I leave him???

Has to be negative really, after the way he treated you.
    I'd also report him, but I'm just a b@stard that way :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

Went to a market today, saw these and was like "ooohhhhh...."
    BatmanKungFutop.jpg

"Batman Kung Fu"

Now that would make for an interesting game.

august2613pk0.gif

354z05.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement