Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly Swap

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭okedoke

Yea - I'm up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

okedoke wrote: »
    Yea - I'm up for it
    Me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Our lad

Im in.

yank_in_eire hows things? heard there is a shift in managment these days..

Are we tying nymphs? i was gonna go with a nice apps Bloodworm in blue. has caught me plenty over here in Aberdeen..

Sorry, FLaberdeen

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭jack01986

Sure we can do nymphs, will wait and see if a few more numbers join up before setting a deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

Swap still on?

I'll join in if so- if nymphs I'll tie some grey/shrimpy chaps..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭jack01986

Im fairly busy at the moment with xmas. Im willing to organise it after xmas or if someone wants to take it over for now they are more than welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

Our lad wrote: »
    Im in.

yank_in_eire hows things? heard there is a shift in managment these days..

Are we tying nymphs? i was gonna go with a nice apps Bloodworm in blue. has caught me plenty over here in Aberdeen..

Sorry, FLaberdeen

Ah jaysis howyeh Our! Yeah big changes across the board - a lot of dead wood getting cut out. It's nearly a different place.

Nymphs sound good to me, and so does waiting til after Crimbo. Going to be mad busy before then but after it will be time to start filling the box for the coming season anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

I'll do a Baetis Nymph and a Czech Nymph, after christmas is fine for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zziplex

Any more swaps on the go?

Folks,

I normally wouldn't dream of doing a fly swap this time of year but will be out of (fishing) action for a while due to small operation from next week onwards.

So I'll offer to run a swap if anyone is interested.

Quick run through a fly swap. Say we get 10 people involved, You tie 10 of the same fly and send them and a SAE to me.

I'll divide them out equally and send you back your SAE with 10 flies one of which wil be your own.

Its a good way pit your skills against other tiers and to see what other people can achive, styles etc.

Anyone interested??

I mostly fish dry fly on rivers but would be happy keep the theme broad so any trout pattern you'd like.

1 Whelzer - MP (Marc Petitjean) CDC Dun

(7 or 8 would be grand but I'm being optimistic)!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

Stick me down for some Haystack Emergers

Stick me down for some Haystack Emergers

Good stuff Yank..

I presumed I could edit my post above to add you in - I'll ask the mods what the story is.

So any more tiers out there???

Advertisement