Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passing the old drivers test..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I passed first time years ago.
    Meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

get drunk and go driving to celebrate :)

I thought this was a thread about the old driving test. Before you had to know how to change your oil and all that jazz.

Congrats OP. I'll never forget the relief of passing my test.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I thought this was a thread about the old driving test. Before you had to know how to change your oil and all that jazz.

I was hoping it meant a driving test for old people.
    Hazardous bastards

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I was mostly in shock
    I was a bag of nerves, told to pull out of the centre, turn left, up a bit, right pull in and do your reverse around a corner
    never ever had a problem with it in practice but in the test i pulled too tight and the car scraped the kerb :rolleyes:
    well... i thought that was it
    5 mins into the test and i've failed already, what's the point now
    nerves went and i drove fine since i thought it didn't matter

nope, passed me... "well it wasn't the most competent, but it definitely wasn't dangerous"

he kept asking was i ok and why wasn't i saying anything afterwards
    lol

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    nope, passed me... "well it wasn't the most competent, but it definitely wasn't dangerous"

I wonder if you had the same guy as me!
    I cut out about four times reversing around the corner. I was in a total tizzy and thought there wasn't a hope and he pretty much said similar "ah not the best test ever but you know how to drive!". Phew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

davet82 wrote: »
    get drunk and go driving to celebrate :)

take some acid too it makes driving even more fun...like playing gta on your xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

Congratulations!

I always wonder why the Irish driving system is so strange though. I know so many people here you don't want to drive or just drive really, really badly. And I heard the failure rate is terrible too. I think you should change something about the way you learn how to drive and the testing, and I didn't mean this in any way against the Irish drivers but the people who figured out this loose system of driving license issuing.

Congratulations!

I always wonder why the Irish driving system is so strange though. I know so many people here you don't want to drive or just drive really, really badly. And I heard the failure rate is terrible too. I think you should change something about the way you learn how to drive and the testing, and I didn't mean this in any way against the Irish drivers but the people who figured out this loose system of driving license issuing.

What do you think is loose about the system? Just as a matter of interest like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I still have to do mine, absolute effort of it ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Congratulations OP that's a worthwhile skill you've picked up.

I always thought that cars were going to be massive :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Congratulations OP that's a worthwhile skill you've picked up.

I always thought that cars were going to be massive :cool:

Nope, waste of time. It's all on computers nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

I was only allowed to drive once I had passed both the theory and driving test, and you had to take a specific number of official driving lessons to be allowed to take the driving test.
    You could train with someone holding a license in specific areas, but not in actual traffic because it's deemed unsafe. I think it makes more sense than sending people out with their parents or so on the passenger seat in main traffic or so.

And again, I didn't mean this as an offense to Irish driving. I just find the system a bit odd to appreciate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Trollsbury Trollington

I got it yonks ago after failing. Its necessary alright but could they not give you 3 lives on the day.

Save you going away, ringing up, finding the right date, getting the cheque, waiting, taking another day, going back ...etc etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

The hassle of going to repeat and waiting with the yoke of failure about your neck is very sickening.
    I just went for it on the day. No lessons in the run up, not a word to people I knew. I just went in without putting loads of pressure on myself and aced it.
    Anxiousness can get the better of me sometimes but I'm knocking that on the head and burying it in the bog never to be found again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Thread title should read, passing the aul drivers test..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I still have to do mine, absolute effort of it ...

Just man the fcuk up, uh...Jenny.

Advertisement