Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nell McCafferty - Missing in action.

• 29-01-2012 12:49am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭

Whatever to Nell McCafferty? She used to be always all over every radio station. Now she is nowhere to be seen/head.

Was the libel she said against slob Harney on Tom Dunne's show the end of her?

(I was not a fan btw - from what I heard of her she used to go on endless rants about nothing with some weird voice effect where she would vary the volume, inflection and intensity of her voice)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think so, she's been washed up for years but that moment finally alerted everyone in the "chaterarti" to her being a liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,292 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I think producers are afraid to let her near a live mic. for fear of what she might say so she now never gets invited to political/current affairs programs almost all of which are broadcast live. The only one that isn't that I can think of is the Sunday night 'Week in Politics' on RTE1 TV but haven't see her pop up there recently either.

Sadly Nell began to believe that she was put on this Earth to say just about anything that came into her head with no fear as to the consequences, she's now paying for her 'devil may care' attitude to the laws of defamation.

Anyway if they want a Marxist with a NI acccent there's always Eamon McCann.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Good riddance to the the ould battleaxe.
    Mary O'Rourke and Terry Prone are welcome to join her in oblivion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Well... She must be on the pension by now - plus, she had that heart scare a few years ago. I'd say she's just taking it easy. You know: at her stage of life...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

No producer wants to take the risk after the Tom Dunne interview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Well into her 60s. Not in good health. Probably retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bakerlite

Does anyone know how i could contact nell mccafferty?

For as long as I can remember she was a freelance so perhaps write to her c/o the NUJ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭berrypendel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

Sited at The Jameson Dublin International Film Festival (JDIFF) with Brenda Fricker a couple of days ago, looking good. I met her a couple of years back and it was her intention to retire at that time........maybe she has:( I enjoyed her wit and irreverence in the past:)

• Advertisement

Pandora2 wrote: »
    Sited at The Jameson Dublin International Film Festival (JDIFF) with Brenda Fricker a couple of days ago, looking good.

I assume you meant to say that you 'spotted' them - how did you tell them apart?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

Brenda wearing a skirt!!

Advertisement