Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't create ringtone for iphone from itunes???

• 14-09-2009 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

I've been trying to create a ringtone from purchased music form itunes and a dialogue box keeps cumin up saying:

"itunes could not connect to the itunes store. An unknown error occured (11556). Make sure your network connection is active and try again."

Network connection is fine. I even tried it on home computer aswell as laptop! Driving me nuts!! Can anyone help, please??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Try this site, it works well www.audiko.net

Use your song to create the ringtone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Creating ringtones in iTunes is not available outside the US iTunes Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭nia121

ah class thanks ;)

can download ringtones all right, but how do i upload my own songs to make ringtones or can i?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

If you have a mac you can use Garage Band to create ringtones from DRM free songs in your iTunes library.

Creating ringtones in iTunes is not available outside the US iTunes Store.
    that's ****! thanks,iv been tryin since i got the phone so good to know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If you want to make your own on windows, there's a free program called iringer that will do it, and it will take care of importing them into itunes as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dougs09

yeah iRinger is pretty coool, ive used it, but, if you want to use iTunes, you can cick the link here and it gives you a tutorial, you can then simply drag the finsihed file into your iTunes ringtones folder so essentially the same thing, the iRinger gives you 30 seconds i think you can go as far as 40 with iTunes route

http://www.labnol.org/software/make-iphone-ringtons-with-free-itunes/4738/

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chave

no need for iringer or garageband. can make ringtones using just itunes.

1) find the song you want
    2) right click then get info
    3) go to the options tab and select your favorite 30 seconds.
    4) go back to the new 30 sec song in itunes right click and convert to aac
    5) then with the file change the extension to from .m4a to .m4r this can be done by dragging to the new 30 sec aac file to the desktop from itunes.
    6) then change the old song back so i doesnt only play 30 secs of it.
    7) the ringtone should now be in ringtones section. if not add the .m4r from the desktop.

takes about a minute to do after you get used to it. ive made about 40 now.
    and its free too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dougs09

yeah thats what that link says to do i was just to lazy to type it all out :D

peice of piss alright im gonna sit down and do a few of em over the week

Deadly, thanks peoples!
    I've a few made now, bout time!! those tones on the phone were drivin me crazy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

There's an app called Ringtone Designer Pro you should check out as well. It costs 79c but it let's you edit and save the ringtones in the app itself rather than worrying with any of that iTunes stuff. You can select what part of the song you want, make it as long or short you need and you can also record your own sounds if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

Sharetones is a program you can download I use it all the time really good

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ed Sheeran

chave wrote: »
    no need for iringer or garageband. can make ringtones using just itunes.

1) find the song you want
    2) right click then get info
    3) go to the options tab and select your favorite 30 seconds.
    4) go back to the new 30 sec song in itunes right click and convert to aac
    5) then with the file change the extension to from .m4a to .m4r this can be done by dragging to the new 30 sec aac file to the desktop from itunes.
    6) then change the old song back so i doesnt only play 30 secs of it.
    7) the ringtone should now be in ringtones section. if not add the .m4r from the desktop.

takes about a minute to do after you get used to it. ive made about 40 now.
    and its free too

I did this all up as far as part 5. I didn't know how to change the .m4a to .m4r I dragged it from iTunes to the desktop and the name didn't have .m4a in it atall.
    I right-clicked on the song on the desktop and went into Properties, the file name was "MPEG-4 Audio File (.m4a)" I don't know how to change this. I looked up videos on youtube and still I can't.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Seriously, just use audiko.net. It's simple. Upload the file, edit it, download it. No converting or any of that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Ed Sheeran wrote: »
    I did this all up as far as part 5. I didn't know how to change the .m4a to .m4r I dragged it from iTunes to the desktop and the name didn't have .m4a in it atall.
    I right-clicked on the song on the desktop and went into Properties, the file name was "MPEG-4 Audio File (.m4a)" I don't know how to change this. I looked up videos on youtube and still I can't.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Sounds like you have file extensions hidden.

In a windows folder go to tools, advanced and uncheck "hide file extensions for known file types" (or something like that - I'm on an iPad).

Then you should be able to see the full file name and file type which you can click on, press F2, and change as required.

Advertisement